Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

TCM/Valve Body/Front Brake Solenoid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lakeshore Metallic - Sport Package
TCM/Valve Body/Front Brake Solenoid

I had the dreaded P1757 code a few weeks back. I tried to reset it, but it always comes back and goes into the 4th gear limp mode after a while.
After much research, I assumed that I had the infamous broken circuit bus that could be fixed by re-soldering it. After I took everything apart, there is no broken piece on the board and I checked it over with a multimeter and did not find any glaring issues. I did, however, find that the Front Brake solenoid itself had a reading of 24.9 ohms, whereas the other solenoids read 6.4 ohms, except for the low coast brake solenoid, which read 27 ohms and seems to be normal. I did a lot of research and it seems the Front Brake solenoid should be at 6.4 ohms, it seems a faulty solenoid would result in a much higher reading than 24.9 ohms?I was debating buying only a new solenoid, but I'm really not wanting to put all of this back together and still have an issue. I made a huge mess with the ATF even after putting all sorts of underlayment in my garage. Would it be better to replace the TCM or the entire valve body (and TCM) or is there a good chance the solenoid is the problem? It also seems that finding a direct match to my valve body will require a lot of research, aside going to the dealer and paying their ridiculous fees.2007 Infiniti G35 Coupe

Old 04-21-2019, 09:48 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
I'd say you answered your own question. You don't want to put it back together and have it turn out to be something else, replace the valve body. You can keep the existing TCM.

Call around to a local reputable transmission repair shop and get a quote from them for the part, sometimes it's cheaper than buying a used one. Personally I would take the valve body down to them, explain what you discovered, ask their opinion, get a quote on the replacement part.