Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

UR Pulley Update: Check In Please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 10:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn - i need to argue with myself (i mean re-state what I meant)

I think a lighter pulley could damage our motors, depending on the set up. I think a lighter pulley wont damage our motors with simple bolt on mods.

..and u can talk physics, i just meant that i might have grounds to disagree with u.

Old 08-27-2006, 10:13 PM
Florida G35 Club
The UD pullies do no more than hold the belts in place, Thats it.
The fluidamper weight is about the same as the stock damper and is of first class design. I ran the same design in my small and big block chevy drag engine. I remember the rod and main bearing I pulled out of engines that ran a bad harmonic balancer. I never broke a crankshaft in the chevy engines twisting over 9400rpms with the dampers in place. The dampers did show a major incress in HP at higher RPMS on engine dynos. I did always run a heavy flywheel in my strip cars,because I needed drivabilty. For my G35, I would pefer more flywheel mass and putting UD pullies on went the wronge way.

Camshafts!! I pulled mine out and had them reground to my specs.
They have fair lift stock, but the lobe center lines and timming is just out of wack. The exhaste valve is way to advanced from the factory. The intake is to far retarted. (another way to make smog laws) I set them up in the engine (cam timing) just as I would a small block chevy. Its a shiz load of work to get it just right. Great results from what I can tell. I betting this is close to what Nissan has done to the new VQ.

Old 08-28-2006, 05:56 PM
i agree that cams are a great mod. ..pretty crazy that you ground your cams to your own specs/ timing. If done wrong- you could hose your engine quick. Good luck with that and share your results- im sure everyone here would love to congratulate you.

GEE, w/ your new set up- are you anticipating problems passing smog?

ps- i understand completely what your saying about stored energy at high rpms.. but disagree w/ you losing low end torque IMHO. It should increase torque- but make sustaining high rpms for longer periods of time less efficient. Again, IMHO.