Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Fuel Injector cleaner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
now i'm more confused, there are 2 kinds of BG 44k. Power Enhancer and advanced formula. what is the difference between BG 44k power enhancer and BG 44k advanced formula? i found them on ebay. anyone can explain it?

thank you,

Old 07-17-2007, 01:29 PM
anyone can help?

Old 07-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
anybody think of searching google for info? There's a ton of stuff out there on this product line..

www.bgprod.com

Old 07-17-2007, 03:24 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by ISMSOLUTIONS
anybody think of searching google for info? There's a ton of stuff out there on this product line..

www.bgprod.com
Until yesterday I was looking up BK44... which still yielded plenty of info but no purchasing resources... yesterday I looked up BGK44 and still can't find a place to buy the stuff... look at the link you provided and yet still have no resource for purchasing, they do however provide a list of "service centers".

This is some pretty tough stuff to buy. Other than the eBay offers... I can’t find a retailer or vendor direct to buy from. I don’t even see that the manufacturer sells the stuff.

There is a ton of info all over the net about how great this stuff is…it’s certainly not hard to search Google and find that... If someone could provide a resource to buy from directly it would be huge!

Old 07-17-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
There is a ton of info all over the net about how great this stuff is…it’s certainly not hard to search Google and find that... If someone could provide a resource to buy from directly it would be huge!
I'll see what I can find. These products are designed for service shops/entities only, which is why it is very difficult to get.

Rick

Old 07-17-2007, 03:29 PM
Try here:

PetroSpecs, Inc.
3301 Grande Vista Drive
Newbury Park, CA 91320
USA

Old 07-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Another -

Fleming Distributing Co.
P.O. Box 5555
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762-5555
USA

Old 07-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Also keep in mind - per BG, the products cannot be sold to anyone without having completed their training/certification...you may need to find someone at a dealership or service location willing to sell to you direct.

The Ebay stuff is likely from a shop that went out of business...

Rick

Last edited by ISMSOLUTIONS; 07-17-2007 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:51 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Castro
That stuff can be dangerous, it can dissolve seals and such. If you do use it try to do so when you know you'll use that tank of gas quickly, like at the start of a road trip. I hear it's not good to have it sitting in the lines for long. Personally I don't use it anymore, just floor it once in a while getting on the highway and down shift to let the pressure of the rev down clear the carbon build up.
I dont know where you get your info from but it is totally wrong.I also have been using bg products for years and it does a damn good job.Also castro the rpm,s of the motor has nothing to do with getting rid of the carbon deposits that form in the engine.
Please do a little research before you post garbage info.

Old 07-17-2007, 06:53 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Old 07-17-2007, 07:29 PM
ISMSOLUTIONS and superchargedg - thanks for the resources! Big help and appreciated!

Old 07-17-2007, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by superchargedg
Cool..thanks for that...

Rick

Old 07-18-2007, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by superchargedg
I dont know where you get your info from but it is totally wrong.I also have been using bg products for years and it does a damn good job.Also castro the rpm,s of the motor has nothing to do with getting rid of the carbon deposits that form in the engine.
Please do a little research before you post garbage info.
Wow you're an a$shole, huh? Actually I get my info where most people do, on car forums. I read a major discussion on the topic a while back on the Cadillac forums. They had research into the type of chemicals contained in fuel injector cleaners and their effects, as well as a few personal horror stories about the use of use of these products- fuel leaks, seals dissolved, etc. And actually you are totally wrong about the rev down method for clearing carbon build up. Floor it getting on the highway up to 75, downshift and allow the car to rev down to 50, floor it again to 75, let it rev down again. This was an extremely well known and accepted method for keeping the northstar and other high performance engines clean of excess carbon. True I don't know any specifics of this BG product itself, just the category that it falls under. You don't sell fuel injector cleaner by any chance? "Damn good job" with what criteria for measuring this? I'm not saying your car will fall apart after one use, clearly, but over time it has shown negative results in several cases.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:23 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
BG44k is mostly detergents designed to supplement a tank of gasoline.

BG makes other chemicals to use in a BG Pressure tank to bypass fuel tank and run the injector rail directly from apparatus. The DIRECT fuel rail/injector cleaners must have a sufficient quanity of gasoline LIKE components to run the engine at idle.
Pure BG44k won't run the engine.

There are other products designed to be fogged into TB to clean it, plenum, and runners- everything North of fuel injectors.

Injector cleaners just clean places where fuel sprays whereas EGR and PVC create oil residues which when combined with the tiny dirt not filtered by air filter build up after 50-100,000 miles.

Even if an air filter is 99.9% efficient that 0.1% can add up.

In 100,000 miles you burn 5,000 gallons of fuel [30,000 pounds] AND 440,000 POUND OF AIR which could have 440 POUNDS OF DIRT.............luckily most air is not that dirty but 25-50 pounds is more common.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by Castro
Wow you're an a$shole, huh? Actually I get my info where most people do, on car forums. I read a major discussion on the topic a while back on the Cadillac forums. They had research into the type of chemicals contained in fuel injector cleaners and their effects, as well as a few personal horror stories about the use of use of these products- fuel leaks, seals dissolved, etc. And actually you are totally wrong about the rev down method for clearing carbon build up. Floor it getting on the highway up to 75, downshift and allow the car to rev down to 50, floor it again to 75, let it rev down again. This was an extremely well known and accepted method for keeping the northstar and other high performance engines clean of excess carbon. True I don't know any specifics of this BG product itself, just the category that it falls under. You don't sell fuel injector cleaner by any chance? "Damn good job" with what criteria for measuring this? I'm not saying your car will fall apart after one use, clearly, but over time it has shown negative results in several cases.
why is he an a$shole???? The guy has been around for over a year and a half and provided very good info in this thread (info that many of us are looking for)... and you with your whopping 2 months want to start calling people a-holes?!!!

Geez dude, go back to the cadillac forum you came from if that’s your demeanor. Stating your opinion is one thing (even though most of us disagree with you) but calling people a-holes for contributing viably to the thread is just pathetic.

The following users liked this post:
haynV35 (03-03-2020)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fuel Injector cleaner