Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Fuel Injector cleaner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 04:18 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
why is he an a$shole???? The guy has been around for over a year and a half and provided very good info in this thread (info that many of us are looking for)... and you with your whopping 2 months want to start calling people a-holes?!!!

Geez dude, go back to the cadillac forum you came from if that’s your demeanor. Stating your opinion is one thing (even though most of us disagree with you) but calling people a-holes for contributing viably to the thread is just pathetic.
BITCHSLAPPED.

Old 07-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
why is he an a$shole???? The guy has been around for over a year and a half and provided very good info in this thread (info that many of us are looking for)... and you with your whopping 2 months want to start calling people a-holes?!!!

Geez dude, go back to the cadillac forum you came from if that’s your demeanor. Stating your opinion is one thing (even though most of us disagree with you) but calling people a-holes for contributing viably to the thread is just pathetic.
Originally Posted by superchargedg
"I dont know where you get your info from but it is totally wrong.I also have been using bg products for years and it does a damn good job.Also castro the rpm,s of the motor has nothing to do with getting rid of the carbon deposits that form in the engine.
Please do a little research before you post garbage info."

^That's why, I thought it was clear. He may disagree with what I said (the differing opinion you pointed out), but was clearly an A$$HOLE about it.

As I said, I've heard entirely different stories about these cleaners elsewhere, and was stating what I heard, what I do to clean mine, and why. The guy wanted opinions on fuel injector cleaner, I did do research and shared it for people to digest as they see fit, what's the problem?

I tend to do research on car forums that have info on the car I own, which is now a G35, no longer a Cadillac... thanks for the warm welcome though

Old 07-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Castro
Originally Posted by superchargedg
I tend to do research on car forums that have info on the car I own, which is now a G35, no longer a Cadillac... thanks for the warm welcome though
we got your info... thanks for posting. Welcome to the G community - where we don't call each other A-holes, even when we disagree. Nice to have you here (I hope).

Old 10-31-2007, 03:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You Do not need to use BG44K allot. It is very strong and should only be used if you are going to go through a tank of gas fast. [Road Trip]. I would only put a can of BG 44K in every 15K miles/24 months. Chevron is more then sufficient if you add it to a tank every 3 months. You can also throw in a can of redline every few months to lubricate.

I usually put in the Chevron every three months with 1 can of dry gas before an oil change. After the oil change I run a can of redline. Then I am good for another three months. When I hit 15K I will run one can of BG44K before an oil change then can of redline. I have done this in the past and all my cars ran great.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
For the past 17 years I have use a can of BG44k a week prior to the standard 90 day oil change in my 317,000 mile Q45..............usually sufficient unless I end up with some really rotten gasoline............when you've purchased 18,000+ gallons some is bound to have been inferior.

More modern returnless fuel systems may be more forgiving ? We'll know in another 5-10 years.