Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

What hp gain from Stillen G2 exhaust + Ztube + hiflow intake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 11:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OCG35
common jonnylaw - come to the light... stop trying to justify all those great mods you have - oops, I mean all that money you wasted on those worthless mods.

Hey, by the way did you get together with the FX at the event out there?
LOL u right oc, I must now face facts. Mods don't do anything on our cars, so stay stock! bwahaha

Never made it to th bbq, hopefully we can still work out a sale.

Old 10-21-2007, 12:43 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
You'd think you were asking him to pull his own teeth or something. Off hand, I would have thought it would have been easier to pull up some dynos that I'd have subcribed either in the G or Z forums vs writing War and Peace trying to defend himself.

Hell 25 rwhp? Sounds good to me. I admit, I haven't researched every dyno sheet either but you'd think I'd have about the same chance coming accross a 25 hp vs 15 hp dyno given the limited mods needed to achieved it. And considering how apparently common they are.

I have the stillen cai, Borla and will put on my Crawford soon. I'd I'd like to get a relfash too. I'd like to get as much hp as possible. Who wouldn't? I just havent' come across anything resembling 25 hp. Trey didn't get that much.

Originally Posted by sloppymax
All i am asking for is facts. Everytime I ask, nothing is ever produced. Just a bunch of talk. I dont want to see stillen's dyno. They are selling the products, I expect them to do whatever they can for their products to appear in the best light. I would be happy to concede that bolts on add XX amount of power if I can see a baseline independent dyno and the afterwards one with the same correction factor. Everyone likes showing SAE numbers for their baseline then STD for the afterwards so they can feel better about what they spent to get there.
I really do not think I am asking for much here. When I felt a gain with headers and a tune on my past VQ, I went and had an after dyno at the same place as the baseline. I gained 12whp throughout the band and peak around 20. That makes a believer out of me. If I can just see the same on this car then I would gladly concede. All I end up getting is a bunch of excuses why the dynos are not around anymore. Then I am told to look on my350z for the info where I see and talk to people with first hand knowledge that say it is not possible for a few bolts on either an MT or AT to get 25rwhp throughout the band even with a tune unless the car was in horrible running condition beforehand.

Last edited by Jeff92se; 10-21-2007 at 12:47 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:02 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
how much HP and TRQ do you think a stock 03-04 and 05-06 G makes? MT and AT, sedan and coupe?... on a dyno, dynojet or dynapack (or both)...

Old 10-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
You'd think you were asking him to pull his own teeth or something. Off hand, I would have thought it would have been easier to pull up some dynos that I'd have subcribed either in the G or Z forums vs writing War and Peace trying to defend himself.

Hell 25 rwhp? Sounds good to me. I admit, I haven't researched every dyno sheet either but you'd think I'd have about the same chance coming accross a 25 hp vs 15 hp dyno given the limited mods needed to achieved it. And considering how apparently common they are.

I have the stillen cai, Borla and will put on my Crawford soon. I'd I'd like to get a relfash too. I'd like to get as much hp as possible. Who wouldn't? I just havent' come across anything resembling 25 hp. Trey didn't get that much.
i could not have said it better myself. i want more power and i will buy the mod that day and install it myself. but i am not going to waste my money on parts simply to have them in my mod list. i only have a handful of mods but they are ones that proven to either make power or make the handling better for my driving style. i only have the spacer for power mods. ive got a hks rear section and intake which are great for sound. again, i am not starting or engaging in a pissing contest. i want more power, but i want proof. if i cant eventually run across this info then i will put about 1k into nitrous, run a 75 shot and call it a day.

Old 10-21-2007, 03:27 PM
Probably right. I think 15-20max is realistic with a good exh system (Knock some hype out of the Stillen, etc. ads for new pipes) plus the proven MD spacer and some intake improvements. And of course, a reflash.

The Nissan Sport tests support a few/several hp with just the spacer.
My own experience with the MD spacer (5/16") is very positive. But I think what some many take for more power by seat of the pants, is actually better throttle response. Not always the same thing.

I like the 'wires' for the better auto-trans response, but never had the illusion it added any power.

Old 10-21-2007, 03:53 PM
i could not have said it better myself. i want more power and i will buy the mod that day and install it myself. but i am not going to waste my money on parts simply to have them in my mod list. i only have a handful of mods but they are ones that proven to either make power or make the handling better for my driving style. i only have the spacer for power mods. ive got a hks rear section and intake which are great for sound. again, i am not starting or engaging in a pissing contest. i want more power, but i want proof. if i cant eventually run across this info then i will put about 1k into nitrous, run a 75 shot and call it a day.
1. Who are you?
2. Why do you think we care whether you "want proof"?
3. Why do you think it is up to us to show you this proof? It's your car, do whatever you want to it.
4. For the "handful of mods" you have, that you say you have because "they are proven", How do you know "they are proven"? If you do, I suggest you go to that source/similar source in deciding on the mods that are the subject of this thread.
5. I don't know anyone that buys mods simply to put it in a mod list. That's absolutely retarded.
6. Great, go ahead and get nitrous and call it day. It's your choice, no one else's.
7. This forum and others hold a great deal of information and many members are knowledgeable and offer good advice, but at the end of the day, it's totally up to you, and responsibility for the parts you buy, and the proof you so highly seek for, is a burden borne about you my friend.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:00 PM
^^^ well said

Old 10-21-2007, 04:00 PM
how much HP and TRQ do you think a stock 03-04 and 05-06 G makes? MT and AT, sedan and coupe?... on a dyno, dynojet or dynapack (or both)...
I'm wondering why no one has stepped up to answer this?

Old 10-21-2007, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by jonnylaw
1. Who are you?
2. Why do you think we care whether you "want proof"?
3. Why do you think it is up to us to show you this proof? It's your car, do whatever you want to it.
4. For the "handful of mods" you have, that you say you have because "they are proven", How do you know "they are proven"? If you do, I suggest you go to that source/similar source in deciding on the mods that are the subject of this thread.
5. I don't know anyone that buys mods simply to put it in a mod list. That's absolutely retarded.
6. Great, go ahead and get nitrous and call it day. It's your choice, no one else's.
7. This forum and others hold a great deal of information and many members are knowledgeable and offer good advice, but at the end of the day, it's totally up to you, and responsibility for the parts you buy, and the proof you so highly seek for, is a burden borne about you my friend.
why the interest in me? just because i dont follow the herd does not mean i dont have my own experiences which i make decisions from. listen, this could go on all day long. im sure you have to reset your ecu 3 times before the night is over so i will bail out of this one. i know what my 06 AT sedan put down on a dynojet 248. i have seen other baseline dynos of different years and transmission so i know what was expected. without indepedent proof, you are just taking the manufactuers claims or resellers at face value. while there are great sponsors on this site, at the end of the day, they have products to sell. i just want sift through the bs mods and get to the ones that make power. does anyone have the dynos or am i going to continue to get called out for asking for proof.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:42 PM
i know what my 06 AT sedan put down on a dynojet 248.
If your 06 AT sedan pulled 246 on a dynojet stock then the dyno is inflated. Think about it - the car is rated by the manufacture at 280 and you figure 20% (minimum) driveline loss for AT, then you have a factory freak or just high yielding dyno numbers. Somewhere closer to 225-230is more realistic for stock.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:46 PM
why the interest in me? just because i dont follow the herd does not mean i dont have my own experiences which i make decisions from. listen, this could go on all day long. im sure you have to reset your ecu 3 times before the night is over so i will bail out of this one. i know what my 06 AT sedan put down on a dynojet 248. i have seen other baseline dynos of different years and transmission so i know what was expected. without indepedent proof, you are just taking the manufactuers claims or resellers at face value. while there are great sponsors on this site, at the end of the day, they have products to sell. i just want sift through the bs mods and get to the ones that make power. does anyone have the dynos or am i going to continue to get called out for asking for proof.
After all that, you are still asking for help?

I could care less about you--I have no interest in you--Your attitude and demanding personality just pissed me off. I rarely get into pissing contests on this board, but you are making it easy for me. I for one have dyno printouts, and are aware of other dyno numbers for certain mods that could help you, but your attitude and unreasonable expectations of others has convinced me not to share them with you.

What are you talking about reseting my ecu 3 times a day? I have a TS reflash and my car runs great. I have zero issues, and every single one of my mods was well thought out, installed correctly the first time, and are enjoyed by me every time I drive my car.

I also wasn't a baby about modding my car and I did MY OWN RESEARCH, and am very pleased with the outcome. Can you say the same?

Do you need someone to hold your hand in everything you do?

Old 10-21-2007, 04:48 PM
If your 06 AT sedan pulled 246 on a dynojet stock then the dyno is inflated. Think about it - the car is rated by the manufacture at 280 and you figure 20% (minimum) driveline loss for AT, then you have a factory freak or just high yielding dyno numbers. Somewhere closer to 225-230is more realistic for stock.
you do know that 248 is a dynojet model number right?

Old 10-21-2007, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by jonnylaw
After all that, you are still asking for help?

I could care less about you--I have no interest in you--Your attitude and demanding personality just pissed me off. I rarely get into pissing contests on this board, but you are making it easy for me. I for one have dyno printouts, and are aware of other dyno numbers for certain mods that could help you, but your attitude and unreasonable expectations of others has convinced me not to share them with you.

What are you talking about reseting my ecu 3 times a day? I have a TS reflash and my car runs great. I have zero issues, and every single one of my mods was well thought out, installed correctly the first time, and are enjoyed by me every time I drive my car.

I also wasn't a baby about modding my car and I did MY OWN RESEARCH, and am very pleased with the outcome. Can you say the same?

Do you need someone to hold your hand in everything you do?
i was not asking for your help. im still not sure where you came from. all i said was i did research on this board and my350z then came to the conclusion that i am at. i did most of the research before i even bought the car. im not asking for handouts. when someone says, i can make 25-30whp with said mods then i say show me. sorry if you think thats demanding but lets look at it like this. lets say i have a local fabricator that will make a y pipe for our car. i say, i put it on today and i made 12whp and the part only cost $400. everyone here would flood with orders if it was legitimate. everyone then says prove it, i want to see dynos. i say, well you should have been there or i have the dynos somewhere but you should really order the part in the meantime though. are you really going to take my word for it? just like many other bolt on parts, aftermarket y pipes have been shown to display miniscule if any gains on an NA 3.5
you have the chance to prove me wrong showing a baseline then whatever line of bolt ons on the same dyno with the same correction. i will even skip the baseline, just prove me wrong is all im asking.

Old 10-21-2007, 05:18 PM
you do know that 248 is a dynojet model number right?
what was your base line trq and hp? and no, I didn’t know you were referencing a model number - I have no idea where the relevance in that would be

Old 10-21-2007, 05:23 PM
what was your base line trq and hp? and no, I didn’t know you were referencing a model number - I have no idea where the relevance in that would be
the relavence is pretty substantial. every dyno can be setup in different manners and different models of dyno even by the same company have different abilities in those setups.
on a dynojet 248 i put down SAE 227hp and 214tq. STD#s were 232hp and 220tq.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What hp gain from Stillen G2 exhaust + Ztube + hiflow intake