Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

What hp gain from Stillen G2 exhaust + Ztube + hiflow intake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Question. Don't you keep your own dyno threads in your "suscribed" area? If you don't, then I can understand I guess.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:13 PM
Red Card Crew

Originally Posted by OCG35
wow!!! maxima.org sounds great!!!! way better than here... why are you here not there?
Why can't I be here? You two take honest questions WAY too personal. I've found Sloppy to be pretty level headed.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:11 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Question. Don't you keep your own dyno threads in your "suscribed" area? If you don't, then I can understand I guess.
nope.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:13 PM
Red Card Crew

nope.
Okay that's fine. I think most could have accepted that explaination from the get go.

Here's a hint if you choose to use it. If you post a thread that has great info, subscribe to it w/o email notification. Then you can go back to your suscribed threads and it's like your own little sticky section.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:17 PM
Okay that's fine. I think most could have accepted that explaination from the get go.

Here's a hint if you choose to use it. If you post a thread that has great info, subscribe to it w/o email notification. Then you can go back to your suscribed threads and it's like your own little sticky section.
10-4 I'll get on it right away chief.

Oh and thanks for accepting my explanation. I was so worried I would further disappoint you

Old 10-22-2007, 06:20 PM
Red Card Crew

10-4 I'll get on it right away chief.

Oh and thanks for accepting my explanation. I was so worried I would further disappoint you
I already know you most likely use this option but I was just throwing out a nice post so we could get on the right track. Oh well.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:25 PM
I already know you most likely use this option but I was just throwing out a nice post so we could get on the right track. Oh well.
stop being so condescending and we will be on the right track. If that can’t happen, the best thing is not to post to one another. I know I won’t continue.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyway, came accross this post by Trey.Hutchseson. His dyno (albeit with tons of mods) is actually a little bit more than a stock HR engine. Don't know what he did to his engine but he got around 255hp average.
https://g35driver.com/forums/tuner-dyno/162360-dyno-day-05-6mt-revup-full-bolt-ons-vs-stock-07-6mt-hr-videos.html
His engine is a rev-up.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:35 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Vlad, share that popcorn bro... all the crapolla "theories" are gonna start posting...
Here u go bro.

Old 10-23-2007, 02:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is a dyno run I did with only z/tube, nismo filter, MD 5/16 iso spacer, MREV2, and w/ no tune! (251 whp/233 tq on dynojet, sae) I have a rev-up engine. These were the first mods I did and were put on so quickly, I didn't do a base-line dyno.

But, the point of this dyno was not to just get numbers to post, but was to be a baseline dyno for myself to see what I put down after I'm completed with my bolt-ons, when I go back to the same dyno, w/in a month from now(after I install the Amuse R1 titan exhaust and get another reflash).

See, imo the MD spacer/MREV 2, is such a cost effective and well performing mod, that I think it should have come from the factory like that. That's how badass it is--much due respect to Tony at MD. For me, the car w/ the MD products was stock, and as such, this is my baseline dyno.

I will post up the new dyno, once its done, to see what the following power mods did (Arc intake, Amuse intake tube, Nismo headers, Power Enterprise HFC's, Amuse R1 titan exhaust, Tanabe Y-pipe, OS Giken STR clutch/lightweight flywheel, Technosquare reflash). I wonder what the results will be...

Last edited by jonnylaw; 10-23-2007 at 02:26 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:43 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
^solid numbers, surprisingly ur A/F is not that bad at all compare to other members here with mods including me.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
^solid numbers, surprisingly ur A/F is not that bad at all compare to other members here with mods including me.
It's 'exhaust' that should start tickling A/F ratio.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by jonnylaw
This is a dyno run I did with only z/tube, nismo filter, MD 5/16 iso spacer, MREV2, and w/ no tune! (251 whp/233 tq on dynojet, sae) I have a rev-up engine. These were the first mods I did and were put on so quickly, I didn't do a base-line dyno.

But, the point of this dyno was not to just get numbers to post, but was to be a baseline dyno for myself to see what I put down after I'm completed with my bolt-ons, when I go back to the same dyno, w/in a month from now(after I install the Amuse R1 titan exhaust and get another reflash).

See, imo the MD spacer/MREV 2, is such a cost effective and well performing mod, that I think it should have come from the factory like that. That's how badass it is--much due respect to Tony at MD. For me, the car w/ the MD products was stock, and as such, this is my baseline dyno.

I will post up the new dyno, once its done, to see what the following power mods did (Arc intake, Amuse intake tube, Nismo headers, Power Enterprise HFC's, Amuse R1 titan exhaust, Tanabe Y-pipe, OS Giken STR clutch/lightweight flywheel, Technosquare reflash). I wonder what the results will be...

How would the plenum spacer/MRVE2 affect non-revup (05&06) engines? Since the non-revup is already about 19hp down to begin with (@280hp), with similar mod, will it still be 19hp short of the revup engines?

Old 10-24-2007, 01:16 AM
^^the mrev2 is a non revup lower plenum with machining to the runners to gain a lil hp but a lot of torque. Since u already have the non revup lower plenum, the additional machining may not be cost effective. But, u will definetly see gains from the spacer-dunno how much-but i would go with the iso 5/16 spacer, instead of buying the mrev2, a set of hfcs would give u a nice boost.

The mrev2 and 5/16 spacer combo was targeted for revup engines, and as such, is mostly used by those with the revup engine. If u do go with that combo, a tune would be highly recommended as u would likely run lean, whereas that wouldn't be the case if u had a revup (supposedly the revup ecu is more adapt at responding to changes in a/f than the nonrevup ecu).

The nonrevup engine is the same from 03-06.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by jonnylaw; 10-24-2007 at 01:20 AM.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:10 AM
Thanks guys for all the inputs.
I pretty much made up my mind to go with these mods based on what I've researched here:
5/16 spacer, ztube, hf intake, and stillen gen2 exhaust.
My last w question:
1. with these mods, do I absolutely need a tune (besides the fact that a tune will optimized performance) for the engine to function properly albeit at a non-optimal level. I want to wait awhile before making a final tune. I'm just afraid the engine might run too lean and causes other kinds of problems.
2. will these mods still pass smog check in Cali?

Thanks in advance.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What hp gain from Stillen G2 exhaust + Ztube + hiflow intake