Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Bolt Ons + Reflash=300whp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 02:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gee3point5Mhmm
well i keep typing drivability and it's marked with the red squiggly lines.
Both driveability and drivability are used - but only found "drivability" in a dictionary... Not tryin' to be a d*ck but was curious myself!

Old 04-14-2008, 07:03 AM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
^^^dude it's a trade off is all i'm sayin'... i have a tuned NA engine w/bolt on's. yes, i have more HP and a much smoother power band BUT i have not pushed my engine passed 300whp. jump in my Wife's stock G afterwards and you'll think it's a hybrid, it's so quiet. that's the point, the more you gain HP, the more you lose drivability. as far as car manufacturers, it would not cost anymore to them... they could make the parts, they wouldn't go aftermarket. they don't because they know that people want something they can drive day to day, something drivable, something w/good drivability... that's why Porshe markets the 911 Turbo as it's flagship and not the GT3. HELLO???

Last edited by SDGenius; 04-14-2008 at 07:12 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by usmcmark
^^^dude it's a trade off is all i'm sayin'... i have a tuned NA engine w/bolt on's. yes, i have more HP and a much smoother power band BUT i have not pushed my engine passed 300whp. jump in my Wife's stock G afterwards and you'll think it's a hybrid, it's so quiet. that's the point, the more you gain HP, the more you lose drivability. as far as car manufacturers, it would not cost anymore to them... they could make the parts, they wouldn't go aftermarket. they don't because they know that people want something they can drive day to day, something drivable, something w/good drivability... that's why Porshe markets the 911 Turbo as it's flagship and not the GT3. HELLO???
i dont get it the 911 turbo is faster than the GT3... That is so against what you say of more HP = less drivability...

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=195
there read that.

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=246
this is to answer your gas mileage problem. Again good tune and less agressive driver = better gas mileage...

And you are crazy to think that upgrading components, by coats to materials used (Ti, Forged) ETC. will not increase the price much more....

If you build your engine and do a good job of balancing it out. your new worked engine > old engine.

Last edited by Gee3point5Mhmm; 04-14-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:59 PM
i dont get it the 911 turbo is faster than the GT3... That is so against what you say of more HP = less drivability...

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=195
there read that.

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=246
this is to answer your gas mileage problem. Again good tune and less agressive driver = better gas mileage...

And you are crazy to think that upgrading components, by coats to materials used (Ti, Forged) ETC. will not increase the price much more....

If you build your engine and do a good job of balancing it out. your new worked engine > old engine.
OH, GOD!!!
seriously... dude that's the point, the 911 Turbo is a what??? TURBO!!! the GT3 is a what??? Built NA... this is a an NA thread, remember??? we have been talkin' about pushing NA vehicles this whole time. less agressive driver for better gas milage... are you kidding me??? duh!!! as for a good tune, we are talkin' about high HP aplications, like i said a VQ pushin' more than 320hp to the wheels!!! ok, the cost of Ti & forged materials... they use those materials to save wieght and at stregnth NOT add power!!! HELLO??? for god sakes man read what i'm writing. i have actually modded my car, i'm not just reading other people's posts & pawning it off as my own. go trade in ur G35 for a go-kart if ur such a performance buff... with what mods??? all ur doing now is lookin' ignorant... really read what i write & think about it before you argue. you just keep questioning what i say and not bringin' anything useful to the thread... really, do you have one real point??? why do you insist on proving me wrong??? you even attacked my spelling??? come on pal... really? for real? for realness sakes?

Old 04-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by usmcmark
OH, GOD!!!
seriously... dude that's the point, the 911 Turbo is a what??? TURBO!!! the GT3 is a what??? Built NA... this is a an NA thread, remember??? we have been talkin' about pushing NA vehicles this whole time. less agressive driver for better gas milage... are you kidding me??? duh!!! as for a good tune, we are talkin' about high HP aplications, like i said a VQ pushin' more than 320hp to the wheels!!! ok, the cost of Ti & forged materials... they use those materials to save wieght and at stregnth NOT add power!!! HELLO??? for god sakes man read what i'm writing. i have actually modded my car, i'm not just reading other people's posts & pawning it off as my own. go trade in ur G35 for a go-kart if ur such a performance buff... with what mods??? all ur doing now is lookin' ignorant... really read what i write & think about it before you argue. you just keep questioning what i say and not bringin' anything useful to the thread... really, do you have one real point??? why do you insist on proving me wrong??? you even attacked my spelling??? come on pal... really? for real? for realness sakes?
no it is the fact that your reasoning for less drivability does not have merit... You said sound i point out the fact in that. Said gas mileage, pointed that out.. You said dependability? Guess what i pointed that out too (yes you're right stronger internals components = stronger engine short of an iron block. and hello to you too! weight = powers that's why we rate cars to the power to weight ratio!). We are not arguing for we are on the same page on how manufactures markets their car, broad powerband of a built NA engine, etc. It's just that your reasoning of less drivability to me does not have any merit..

and again you think that a high application motor would be bad for drivability but again that is all in the TUNE!! Look at the z1 guy dyno and see the linear curve. How would that be bad for drivability when his powers keeps on coming, when his powers is always there on demand? There is a reason we praise the new HR motor because what? I would say it is a high applied and thought of motor over the DE do you agree or disagree... You feel like im attacking you when im just trying to figure out where you are coming from and showing you where i am coming from.

Last edited by Gee3point5Mhmm; 04-14-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for all the money you'll spend on all of that and a tune you might as well go FI...

Old 04-14-2008, 07:31 PM
No, merit??? you're whole argument is based on some other guy's thread!!! you're on the Bolt On's + Reflash = 300whp thread buddy. the car ur jockin' hasn't hit over 320whp, the only dyno on the thread is like 302. wow, on a dyno dynamics dyno... i assume that since ur so tech savy that you must know that a DD dyno adds like 10-15hp to a Dyno Jet wich already adds like 30hp to a corrected superflow dyno. but i'm not sure if you've read about that yet. so here's somemore stuff for you to learn. you're not even makin' sense... power to wieght ratio, who was talkin' about that? what's next you gonna talk about aerodynamics??? i'm talkin' about building an NA VQ, not stripping a race car. if you can have both MAX power & Drivability from an NA v6 then go find a guy who drives his race car to work, go ask i guy who drive's an Esprit or an Excedge how he like drivin' in traffic or just drink a knife... please drink a knife. how old are you and what do you do for a living???

Old 04-14-2008, 07:41 PM
ok, ok... you don't seem to like my usage of the word "drivability"(eventhough you said it wasn't even a real word) okay, fine. i'll use the word practicality... how's that? how practical are all of these NA dreams of urs? i drive a car close to the one you dream about and you still don't wanna hear it. i love my car BUT i do have the luxury of driving my Wifes stock one to compare it to... most modded up car's don't. they just get the parts & move on. i can compare both and there is a loss to go w/my HP gain... period.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:50 PM
by the way loved that thread you linked me to, his Z seems awsome... too bad it would never pass emissions, wich pretty my make's it undrivable on the streets. not the most practical way to spend so much money. thanks again!

Old 04-14-2008, 07:57 PM
and again you think that a high application motor would be bad for drivability but again that is all in the TUNE!! Look at the z1 guy dyno and see the linear curve. How would that be bad for drivability when his powers keeps on coming, when his powers is always there on demand? There is a reason we praise the new HR motor because what? I would say it is a high applied and thought of motor over the DE do you agree or disagree... You feel like im attacking you when im just trying to figure out where you are coming from and showing you where i am coming from.
Bro, i like his charts... i like his power curve, his car seems awsome. but his car is pushing fairly normal numbers(on one of the highest rating dyno types). my whole point was about the trade off that comes w/pushing our VQ's to the MAX NA. there are tuning shops in Japan that have got to 400whp NA w/our engines. the closer you get to the max the more you lose drivability or practicality... makin' any sense yet? this whole agrument started w/me tryin' to explain what a tuner ment by "do ya want a daily driver or a race car?" so if my explaination about the trade off between "Big" hp gains and drivability/practicality isn't workin' for ya, what's ur take on that statement???

oh, yeah and yes i'd take the HR over the DE... but i consider the HR more than a built DE. also consider that it doesn't have much more TQ, even the 3.7 w/330hp to the crank still only has somthin' like 268tq. why is that? hmm... a better man than me made that call.

Last edited by SDGenius; 04-14-2008 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
ok, ill take back my comment with basic bolts, cams and a TECHNOSQUARE reflash tune. with basic bolts, cams and a VPRO tune, you should get pretty darn close.

this car has the spacer, mrev2, tp, and exhaust, with vpro tune made 277rwhp.

http://www.gtmotorsports.com/car.php...cle=yes&page=1

Old 04-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by g35man04
Just by my ATI Procharger kit from me....Its posted up in the Classifieds with alot of goodies for sale with it shipped right to your door..you will not need anymore parts at all just install tune and ready to run..I had 380rwhp with my kit and 364lb of torque....myone suggestion would be to buld your bottom end of your engine and you will be over 400 at the wheels with my kit for sure! I didnt build the bottom end and it was to late once I found out that my tune was to aggressive and I ended up with 2 rods through my oil pan....
yea like i said though i dont want to go out on this one i want it conservative ... and were feel comfortable!!!

Old 04-19-2008, 04:34 PM
It could be done, but you'd need to use a real tuning device, not a Reflash system like Utec, or Technosqaure. I hear Uprev can tune for cam angles, allowing you to make better use of you cars VCT. Cam timing adjustments can gain a lot over just regular tuning.

Also, you'd need to change your parts to reflect the part of the powerband you are looking to improve on. In this case, it would be the higher rpm level. You might lose some low RPM power, but the end result is you will have a better top end, and be quicker.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:11 PM
I just recently got my car tuned and I made a good 285 whp with bolt on..all motordyne

Old 12-15-2020, 09:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a g35 with full bolt on mods prepping for a supercharger
Originally Posted by SILVERSURFERG35
Sorry !! THat ain't going to do it !! Add some cams to that list and you will be good !! How do I know you ask ?? I have all of that and have about 280whp !!
if you have a performance tune all of those mods plus a 90mm throttle body kit, maf gt sensor, and an aftermarket ecu you can put down 340whp like me ill have the full results in when i put the procharger on with cams and forged rods and piston im going to be running 12 to 15lbs of boost going to be putting down 570hp and abojt 490 or better to the wheels keep working on your builds guys its worth it in the end if you love JDM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bolt Ons + Reflash=300whp