Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

My car is slow 6.7 0-60 and 15.00 1/4mi

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by infinitialex
When I just got the car I had replaced the muffler with some cheap ebay muffler, after I did more mods and no positive results I figured it could be the Exhaust thats holding it down, so I put factory Muffler back on, results were the same no gain at all. The ObX exhaust is the second aftermarket exhaust and I could tell its made very well and its straight through design I don't think it could slow the car down at all.

Also throttle body spacer Is the one that DAve O was advertising that there was gains on it, I don't see how it could slow the car down.

Fan Delete mod is for the Clutch fan, I replaced it with dual electrical units just like all newer Gs have.

Spacer is my prime suspect right now, either there is a slight vacuum leak somewhere or spacers just slow the car down in general. I thought my skunk2 that i had on before slowed the car down a tenth or so, maybe motordyne has a similar effect.
Have you done any kind of intake on the car? Do you have anykind of tuning software? Right now i am going to say to take the exhaust off and sell it. Put the factory one back on. For right now it will flow more than enough for you. Take off the throttle body spacer and leave the plenum spacer (put on the 5/16th spacer if it isn't already on).

After you do all of this find the ECU quick reset on one of the threads (search). Do that and then turn the car on and let it sit and idle for about 10 minutes and then take it out for a spirited run. I would also look into some type of air intake.

-Sean

Old 06-29-2008, 02:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nismo G
Have you done any kind of intake on the car? Do you have anykind of tuning software? Right now i am going to say to take the exhaust off and sell it. Put the factory one back on. For right now it will flow more than enough for you. Take off the throttle body spacer and leave the plenum spacer (put on the 5/16th spacer if it isn't already on).

After you do all of this find the ECU quick reset on one of the threads (search). Do that and then turn the car on and let it sit and idle for about 10 minutes and then take it out for a spirited run. I would also look into some type of air intake.

-Sean
I tried two different aftermarket intakes,, no increase only in noise
I got SAFC installed but have not tunned it yet,
I had already tried putting factory muffler back on and there is no increase in performance at all and it sounds like crap compared to what i have on now...
I sopose I can try and take of throttle spacer but I seriously doubt it has any effect either way.
I do ECU reset I do all the time when I change something

I don,t know what the problem is, maybe my engine is wearing out and I'm loosing compression or something like that,,,I have no clue

Last edited by infinitialex; 06-29-2008 at 02:53 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:01 PM
I tried two different aftermarket intakes,, no increase only in noise
I got SAFC installed but have not tunned it yet,
I had already tried putting factory muffler back on and there is no increase in performance at all and it sounds like crap compared to what i have on now...
I sopose I can try and take of throttle spacer but I seriously doubt it has any effect either way.
I do ECU reset I do all the time when I change something

I don,t know what the problem is, maybe my engine is wearing out and I'm loosing compression or something like that,,,I have no clue
Are you taking off just the muffler or are you taking everything off from the cat back? The muffler will have no factor in performance.

-Sean

Old 06-29-2008, 04:17 PM
Are you taking off just the muffler or are you taking everything off from the cat back? The muffler will have no factor in performance.

-Sean
just the muffler,,,
well and I did remove the resonator and replaced it with glass pack

Old 06-29-2008, 04:22 PM
just the muffler,,,
well and I did remove the resonator and replaced it with glass pack
You need to take off the entire aftermarket exhaust system and put on the factory exhaust (factory mid pipe, factory y pipe, factory muffler). Take off that throttle body spacer as it does no good.

What after market air intake did you have?

-Sean

Old 06-29-2008, 04:36 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ninous26
You got one of those slow G's that come from the factory like that.. There are some faster ones and slow ones... I got a really slow one... W/ a bunch of NA performance mods my best was a 14.8
Really?

Old 06-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
My 30ft is 2.4 sec
There is your problem, 2.1 60ft should yield to ver low 6 0-60 and mid 14 1/4 mile.

Old 06-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
OP... I have the TBS (among other things)... and run 14.1 trapping 101 mph on a track that is 1500 feet above sea level in high 80-degree weather... I consistently get 2.1 60' and that's with crappy street tire launching off idle (in an AT).

You do not need to take the TBS off (I have the same one you do)... the exhaust might be a bad choice... what I highly suggest you do is get a dyno tune with air fuel ratio... if you are running lean all your mods are working and you just need a tune (like Osiris or Technosquare).

Old 06-29-2008, 06:26 PM
You need to take off the entire aftermarket exhaust system and put on the factory exhaust (factory mid pipe, factory y pipe, factory muffler). Take off that throttle body spacer as it does no good.
What after market air intake did you have?

-Sean
Dude - I have no idea where you are getting your info other than reading out here... telling him to take the TBS off is not the answer.

Old 06-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Try shifting in sports mode maybe?

Old 06-29-2008, 06:34 PM
How many miles does your G have?

And was 235/45 the stock rear tire size? Seems narrow...

Old 06-29-2008, 06:35 PM
Oh, and I hope this goes without saying, but VDC OFF, right?

Old 06-29-2008, 06:56 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueDevilBAMF
How many miles does your G have?

And was 235/45 the stock rear tire size? Seems narrow...
03-04 sedans come with 215 tires stock.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
03-04 sedans come with 215 tires stock.
yep... those are some crappy-@ss POS!!!

BTW, the T1Rs feel great!!! Now I realize the Quaife issue I thought I was having were the Kumhos

The car rails around corners!!! I guess I need to post up in that thread about T1Rs

Sorry for the off topic

Old 06-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
Dude - I have no idea where you are getting your info other than reading out here... telling him to take the TBS off is not the answer.
Everycar reacts differently to mods. As far as i have seen the TBS does nothing for the car. I am the kind of person who will start from scratch once i screw up. I would recommend for him to take off every aftermarket part that he has and return the car to stock (except his S-AFCII). Go get a dyno done. See how the car does. Then put on a couple things (intake, spacer, TBS if you want). Take it to the tuner and have him do a dyno before the tune and compare it to the dyno after the tune. Right here you should see if it is the car or your mods.

Then save up 500 a buy and used greddy exhaust or something decent and then put it on. Take it back and have it retuned and see what happens. I bet you will be putting down some nice numbers.

This is the best advice imo.

-Sean

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My car is slow 6.7 0-60 and 15.00 1/4mi