Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

help finding chrome caps?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2008 | 02:49 AM
|
help finding chrome caps?

where did you guys that have em find the chrome or polished caps for window wiper fluid, coolant, etc.....????

Old 09-20-2008 | 02:59 AM
ill Sedan
Staff Alumni
Premier Member
Funny you should bring this up. So I've been looking for these too, but zeetoyz.com hasn't been selling them on their site for a while now. Checked with other distributors site's as well, but didn't have any luck finding them. I spoke with the company that manufacturers them, Pi-Thon Design, Inc., today. I'm picking up the below fluid caps from them directly tomorrow (they are located in Camarillo and I will be in the valley for something else tomorrow morning).

http://pi-thondesigninc.com/caps.htm

1AC-12050 - Radiator Overflow
1AC-22322 - Washer Fluid
1AC-18040 - Power Steering

I told them that people on this site have been looking for these caps and I hope to get the full story why their distributors are seemingly not selling them when I talk to them in person tomorrow. I'll let you know.

Last edited by CandlestickPark; 09-20-2008 at 03:10 AM.
Old 09-20-2008 | 03:18 AM
|
how much are they going for??

Old 09-20-2008 | 03:34 AM
|
arggg come back i may want u to pick me some up if your willing!

Old 09-20-2008 | 03:37 AM
lol those look cool nice to dress up the engine bay

Old 09-20-2008 | 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
Funny you should bring this up. So I've been looking for these too, but zeetoyz.com hasn't been selling them on their site for a while now. Checked with other distributors site's as well, but didn't have any luck finding them. I spoke with the company that manufacturers them, Pi-Thon Design, Inc., today. I'm picking up the below fluid caps from them directly tomorrow (they are located in Camarillo and I will be in the valley for something else tomorrow morning).

http://pi-thondesigninc.com/caps.htm

1AC-12050 - Radiator Overflow
1AC-22322 - Washer Fluid
1AC-18040 - Power Steering

I told them that people on this site have been looking for these caps and I hope to get the full story why their distributors are seemingly not selling them when I talk to them in person tomorrow. I'll let you know.
Marcus!!!!! If you read this before you go up there, will you pick up an extra set?... I'll will definatley buy them from you! Like you, I've been looking for them and kinda pissed at myself for not getting them when zeetoyz had them... I almost did so many times and kept putting it off - nows its too late.

I'll pay extra if you are able to get 'em. Thanks!

Old 09-20-2008 | 12:45 PM
Polished/Colored Caps....!

Marcus, sounds like you could start a new business on the side. Buy 100 sets
and sell them at the Toys for Tots event in Dec.! Have a "Outamytrunk" sale,
add 50% then you'll have more cash for the next lens you want....LOL
Gary

Old 09-20-2008 | 06:12 PM
ill Sedan
Staff Alumni
Premier Member
Darnit! The one morning I don't get on driver before I leave the house and of course I miss something that is time sensitive. I left at 7 this morning so I wouldn't have seen the posts anyway. I already went over to Pi-Thon earlier this afternoon and got the fluid caps. I called Mike (hyperlite21) because he PM'd me his number (said he'd wait for the group buy), but I didn't know that anyone else wanted these.

So here's the story on Pi-Thon. The owner had brain surgery and they shut down their business for a while. He is fully recovered now (name is Mike I think). They recently moved into a new building in Camarillo and are still transitioning to getting up a running again. They are however open for business "depite the rumours" as the owner put it. The owner said he didn't know why zeetoyz isn't carrying the caps anymore. He says he's received inquires from the owner of zeetoyz, but no orders placed recently.

Rick was the tech/salesman I dealt with. Nice guy. Polished all my caps by hand and put them on my car. I asked him if he was willing to set up a group buy and he said that he would do that for us. He wouldn't be able to offer much of a discount unless he had 10 orders. I paid $75 for the three caps (power steering, overflow, and wiper fluid). I imagine that unless they are picked up directly from Pi-Thon that the group buy price would be somewhere around what I paid because you'll have to add in shipping.

Since I already have made contact with Pi-Thon, let me know if you guys want me to set up a group buy.

Caps are available in different colors (polished, red and blue, although I didn't see any red for our cars in the shop) and I saw a bunch of caps in their shop that had the Mt. Fuji logo on it too.

Couple of additional things to note.

1.The part# listed on their site for the power steering cap is incorrect. The site says 1AC-18040 but should read 1AC-27075, which is what they listed the radiator cap under.
2.The polished power steering cap fits over the stock one and requires you to "trim" the stock one a bit for it to fit over. Mike did it for me, didn't seem like it was that difficult to do.

Couple of pics (used my iPhone because I'm still in the valley at my in-law's house)

Last edited by CandlestickPark; 09-20-2008 at 06:22 PM.
Old 09-20-2008 | 06:23 PM
ill Sedan
Staff Alumni
Premier Member
Originally Posted by gary c
Marcus, sounds like you could start a new business on the side. Buy 100 sets
and sell them at the Toys for Tots event in Dec.! Have a "Outamytrunk" sale,
add 50% then you'll have more cash for the next lens you want....LOL
Gary
LOL...that's a great idea! More lenes for me!

Old 09-21-2008 | 01:35 AM
Ah fewey! It would have been so perfect if we could have notified you in advance... oh well

I'm definitely in for a group buy!!! Thanks for inquiring about it Marcus

Problem is, I know how difficult it is to do a group buy and to get enough people to commit (I've done it)... so as much as I hope this comes together, honestly I'm doubtful...

In the event that it does not come together, can you PM (or post out here) contact info?

BTW, I'm in for plain (in fact, it doent even need to be polished becasue I will be painting it smoked color anyway - unless they can anodize it smoked color)

Thanks

Old 09-21-2008 | 02:49 AM
|
nice pics marcus, looks great but yea if u can set up a group but im in!

Old 09-21-2008 | 11:29 AM
ill Sedan
Staff Alumni
Premier Member
Originally Posted by OCG35
Ah fewey! It would have been so perfect if we could have notified you in advance... oh well

I'm definitely in for a group buy!!! Thanks for inquiring about it Marcus

Problem is, I know how difficult it is to do a group buy and to get enough people to commit (I've done it)... so as much as I hope this comes together, honestly I'm doubtful...

In the event that it does not come together, can you PM (or post out here) contact info?

BTW, I'm in for plain (in fact, it doent even need to be polished becasue I will be painting it smoked color anyway - unless they can anodize it smoked color)

Thanks
I kinda agree with you on the group buy Mike, chances of getting 10 people to commit with money in advance (I'm not really interested in putting up the money for this) are pretty slim. I'll put a feeler thread up later today to see if we can get 10+ people.

Here is their contact info. Ask for Rick (sales/tech) or Mike (owner) and tell them that Marcus sent you their way ("the guy with the blue G35 sedan")

Pi-Thon Design, Inc.
409 Calle San Pablo Unit Unit 107
Camarillo, CA. 93012

Try this number first: 805-383-1665

SALES 888-474-Pi-Thon (8466)

Old 09-21-2008 | 12:03 PM
^^^ Thanks Marcus! Much appreciated

Old 09-22-2008 | 01:20 AM
ill Sedan
Staff Alumni
Premier Member
Old 09-22-2008 | 01:26 AM
^^^ it must be in the premiere section 'cause I cant access it (refused to renew after all the bs a while back)... can you add me to the list for plain (unfinished is fine, polished if thats the only option).

Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: help finding chrome caps?