Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Upgrade Paths!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 09:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DaVinci87x
Well all you are saying is just common sence i guess. And yeah i did use the search feature cuz this thread is now right where i started it lol like i said. Plenum/Exhaust/Headers. So yeah. Anyways I have another question.

I havent decided if i will go F/I or Nos or S/C but i definetly want an HKS Hi Power exhaust. If i get it will it be an obstacle later on. Will i have to replace it?
You'd be better off getting one of the FI guys to answer this question. Im pretty sure you shouldn't have any issues with it.

Originally Posted by boostcraver
There is no need to flame this guy, I was hoping for the same kind of "Power Primer" guide as I've also seen on other forums. This request is not illogical. What *does* make sense to me is someone at a shop with documented dyno runs after every mod... For reference here is the MR2 power primer, it's a great read - http://www.mrcontrols.com/primers/power.htm

"... just about everyone agrees with Intake/Plenum/Exhuast/HFC - Headers then a tune so you do not risk running overly lean from all the breathing mods."

Above is great info - but how much should I be expecting to see at the crank, and at the wheels after this work? If I'm only at 320 HP then maybe I don't want to spend the $500-$1500 for another 20 HP. This is the kind of data I'd like to make an informed decision about modifying the car.

A big mistake IMHO is to start modifying the car without a clear goal in mind. For example, my goal is 350 crank HP. But with the data at hand right now, I don't know if the above mods will bring me there, or (hopefully) past it.

Realistically I think you'll end up with 300rwhp with a full exhuast, intake, plenum, HFC's and a tune. +/-5 hp

If you really want power look into FI, or an NA engine build. Although then you'd be in a whole different ballgame, one your wallet won't like playing.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:40 AM
bhd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Without additional DYNO information, which we don't have, it just isn't clear that these "breathing mods" are worth a crap. Honestly, FI is going to return much higher bang for the buck overall, but really will effect the entire car.