Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Pop Charger: No longer that sweet blue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 01:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pop Charger: No longer that sweet blue

After three months with the Pop Charger, should it be black?

Old 07-08-2004, 02:19 AM
Re: Pop Charger: No longer that sweet blue

YOu need to take out that part and wash it. If you go onto the Jimwolftechnology site, i believe its www.jimwolftechnology.com, it gives you instructiosn on how to wash it and an option to buy the Pop charger filter which you spray onto it.

2003 6MT Laser Red Coupe, Premium, Chrome 18's, JWT Pop Charger, Z Tube

Old 07-08-2004, 02:36 AM

what would happen if you were to drive around with it, dirty like that, for awhile? cause my injen cai filter is really black! haven't had the time to clean it yet.

Old 07-08-2004, 02:54 AM

Not sure exactly but why not clean it now that you know? If it was my car I wouldnt wait any longer

2003 6MT Laser Red Coupe, Premium, Chrome 18's, JWT Pop Charger, Z Tube

Old 07-08-2004, 04:01 AM

your right. ill problably just buy a new filter and put it on.

Old 07-08-2004, 04:04 AM

have you seen the filters on www.weapon-r.com?? i wonder if it would fit on my cai?

Old 07-08-2004, 12:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmmm i doubt its THAT bad for the car... ur car will be underperforming tho. I have read that the dirtier (to an extent) they get the better they filter.... i bet when they are really dirty they dont filter so poorly that its bad for the car, but i could see them performing poorly enough for it to really hurt performance. i may be wrong tho... i ordered my oil with my p/c so this wont be an issue for me when it comes time (i have about 1k miles on mine and its still blue

2004 Black on Black g coupe 6spd.... aluminum pedals, clear corners, z tube, and pop charger. soon to have 19" volk gt-c's and PIAA xtreme whites in the clearance and corners
Houston Texas

Old 07-08-2004, 02:01 PM

had mine for over a year now. i heard your supposed to change the filter every 1 year.

Old 07-08-2004, 02:20 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Someday somebody will curse the day you and your family were born because they supidly bought a used car that you [generic you] owned and modified and didn't maintain a clean air filter. Resulting in serious top ring wear and blowing blue smoke from oil ring wear. [bad oil changes add to it].

Sure it's their fault, they bought your car but they hoped and prayed it was a good used car cause that's all they could afford.

You know better, they don't........hopefully a higher diety will extact the punishment they can't.
We see the said eyes and hungry children all the time where daddy [the cuurrent 3-4th owner] bought a used Infiniti owned by someone who didn't care.

Have I made you feel guilty yet!

Old 07-08-2004, 02:28 PM

r u talking to me?? cause if you r, i hope ur just f*ckin around.

Old 07-08-2004, 02:30 PM

that Sh*t is not funny!

Old 07-08-2004, 02:59 PM

I just saw the popcharger cleaning insruction on JWT web.
It said that don't use compressed air, but I did it about 1 month ago. Did I damage my popcharger? How about my G's engine? I feel really bad now.

2003.5 BS Sedan AT, moon roof.
Bullet 4" 20" resonator, JWT Pop Charger & 350z Tube, 7-Wire Grounding Gear.

Old 07-08-2004, 04:13 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Compressed air can blow holes in and damgage the cotton filter media. Hold it up to the light and see if you've damaged it. Then check inside your intake tubes and see if you've got any grit in there. Hopefully you don't!

<font color=blue>[i]GroundingGear™ Equipped </font color=blue>

Old 07-08-2004, 04:34 PM

just because it looks dirty doesn't mean that it isn't working.... as long as it is even a little oily, it should be working fine. If you over clean and oil your filter, it can result in damage to your MAF sensor...which is not a good thing....if you've only had it for a few months..you should still be ok......if you're going to clean it..make sure you dont rush the reoiling part..and let the excess oil drain itself out.....

Mitch
2004 G35C AT
Blk/Blk
Prem.Aero.Perf.Nav
Nav/TV Tuner w/ PS 2
2-10" Subs w/ Rockford Amp
Clear Corners
Pop Charger
Z-Tube

Old 07-08-2004, 05:18 PM

"Yeah 'cuz we be kikin' u r a$$ u dum mo fo q-dude if u no be kidin'..."

This website is really lacking a few features. Like a looser rating system where if 10 people on 10 different days rate you a looser you can't post for a month. That would keep the kooks at bay. Also, I really love the: roll_eyes: dude on FA.

Q-, Keep up the good work and thanks for applying reason and logic to an otherwise deteriorating thread. If it isn't painfully obvious, an air filter that is BLACK is not doing it's job whether it has a paper filter or an oiled medium. If the JWT has lost the blue color BUT has no visible dirt build up on its surface you should be fine. If there is visible dirt on the surface, how do you suppose air is getting into the engine? Through the dirt? Osmosis? Maybe it's those darn aliens again (threw that one in for the Exhaulted Ruler's comment of the year, 2004!)

Next time you buy a milk shake at Mc Donald’s, squeeze the straw as much as possible, and then drink the whole shake. That's what your poor car feels like when your CAI is covered in break dust and dirt/grime from the road.

As is becoming the standard... check the caveat...

<font color=blue>The above statements are only my take on the issue. If you disagree with anything I typed then you are 100% right!</font color=blue>

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pop Charger: No longer that sweet blue