Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Stillen S/C & hood why oh why!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2005 | 10:53 PM
|
Sad, no updates on the hood. I wonder why Stillen is lagging on this. The only reason the G35C kit is not selling is because of that damn ugly hood. Looks like a vulcan forhead or a male wrestler tights.... ARG!

Old 02-16-2005 | 11:29 PM
Male wrestler tights! HAHAHAHA I knew they reminded me of something like that....kind of like Ace and Gary's codpiece or that horrible Batman and Robin....

Old 02-17-2005 | 12:09 AM
Damn it Sukarain...I've done my best to just forget about the Stillen charger...I've ranted on these boards for years now about how I'd love to have one but this damn hood is just unacceptable...I'm in the same boat, I own an IP coupe and the lines just don't flow for me...Now you have to come on here and re-open a sad divorce that I've had with trying to get over this FI system, lol...STILLEN!!! Listen to the cries of the people!!! We need your help!!! There that should get their attention...lol

Old 02-17-2005 | 01:56 PM
G SQUAD
HEY STILLEN GET IT GOING WITH THE NEW HOOD ALREADY!!! hope that helped lmao

Old 02-17-2005 | 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by roneski
The twin screw Eaton SC that they use is always mounted on top of the carbs or intake manifold. At least that's the way its been every time I've seen one.
The Jackson Racing S/C kit uses a positive displacement blower that is mounted separate from the intake manifold. In fact, it uses a pipe to route the air from the charger to the intake. Though, I doubt it would be an easy fit in a G35 or a Z. And seeing as how the Stillen Kit is probably as tightly packed on top of the motor as is reasonably possible, they probably have no choice. When the kit for the Z was just a prototype, their test car had a hole in the hood for the pulley to clear. They claimed they were going to get it under the hood by production time, but either the cost would be too high to develeop and sell a pulley syustem that would stay under too hood or it was just near impossible. When I saw it personally, the first thought I had was that they would never get that thing under the hood.

Old 02-17-2005 | 09:33 PM
Fact is that the SC cannot get any smaller, must stay on the manifold for efficiency, and Stillen needs to get off of their butts and design a new hood.

On a related note, is there not ONE Aftermarket company that has a better designed hood for the SC? Not ONE?

Old 02-17-2005 | 10:53 PM
The hood grew on me.
I now like the style.
Stillen was thinking of using the M90(which is a bigger SC)To push 15 pounds of boost
So the hood might just get worse

Old 02-17-2005 | 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by Sukairain
Sad, no updates on the hood. I wonder why Stillen is lagging on this. The only reason the G35C kit is not selling is because of that damn ugly hood. Looks like a vulcan forhead or a male wrestler tights.... ARG!
Rumor has it that Stillen's new hood will be in their new catalog and in the Spring Issue of Sport Z Magazine.

Old 02-18-2005 | 04:00 AM
Sedan
Hey, if you buy a Stillen S/C right now they will throw in the hood for FREE! That means the new hoods are probably coming out soon. Sukarian, buy the Stillen S/C and then you could mod the free hood all you want.

GROUP BUY SPECIAL 2/16-2/28/05 - SAVE $649.00 - BUY A STILLEN SUPERCHARGER GET A FREE F/G HOOD.

Old 02-18-2005 | 03:59 PM
could someone please post a pic a Stillen-compatible hood? i'm just curious to see one...

Old 02-18-2005 | 04:16 PM
There is no Stillen compatible hood. Only a Stillen hood will fit the Stillen SC kit. A new style will be released hopefully soon.

Attached Thumbnails Stillen S/C & hood why oh why!?-stillen-sc-hood.jpg   Stillen S/C & hood why oh why!?-stillen-hood.jpg  
Old 02-18-2005 | 04:21 PM
I called Veilside to ask if the Veilside wide-body hood will fit the Stillen SC kit, they said it will not, because its custom made to fit the wide-fenders...... Oh well.

Attached Thumbnails Stillen S/C & hood why oh why!?-veilside-widebody-front.jpg   Stillen S/C & hood why oh why!?-veilside-hood-2.jpg  
Old 02-18-2005 | 04:33 PM
I think something subtle.....like the old Chevy Cowl Induction hoods with the air intake up against the windshield would look good.

Old 02-18-2005 | 06:54 PM
That Veilside looks awesome...the more subtle the better. If they made a real ram air hood with a functional airbox that happened to clear the supercharger, that would be IDEAL. Suck in pressurized cold outside air, send it to the supercharger, and have enough room to clear the pullies.

So of course no one is doing it.

Old 07-11-2005 | 02:32 PM
hood stillen

Any update on the hood?

I just saw the new S/C on stillen site for 2005 Sedans,

Now there is not hood for 05? What the ...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stillen S/C & hood why oh why!?