Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Vibration during idle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The other thing that's worth mentioning... this vibration started after I had my alternator belt replaced. I had it in for an oil change and they said it had a crack so I said ok, replace it. The dealer didn't do it, my local shop did it. I brought it back and said just for grins and giggles, humor me and adjust the belt's tension a bit. They did and it started squealing so they adjusted it back to specs. It's probably a coincidence that it started when the belt got replaced but anyone have any thoughts?

Old 06-17-2010, 09:27 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
read above.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:53 AM
Tollbooth,
My car only has 45K miles on it and the dealer checked the spark plugs and said they were fine. Motor mounts prob wouldn't go at that mileage either I assume.

Old 09-02-2011, 03:01 AM
Just got a g35 04 coupe maual with 84k miles and it is doin this same thing anybody found out what it is ??? Tune up maybe...

Old 09-02-2011, 08:24 PM
i've gotten used to the sound level

Old 09-04-2011, 09:04 AM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by catsnmusic
Yes, this is the video I watched yesterday. Sorry to sound like a wuss but this is way too involved for a Boston city girl like me. I'm just not THIS handy. I added Lucas fuel additive to a full tank, it didn't help. Is that along the lines of what you mean by using an additive or should I try a different type? Maybe the MAF sensor wasn't part of the cleaning out they said they could do but definitely the throttle body.
i had the same problem, it was a FILTHY throttle body. I have pics here...
https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...xperience.html
but I(as well as those before me) have been using 91 octane and the things obviously never been cleaned! I myself am not the most mechanically inclined person(aside from oil changes and CAI installs) but it was disgusting and giving me rough idles, so I decided to clean it out(after 187xxx miles of no love). I'm no pro, but wouldnt reccomend using a toothbrush, your throttlebody has a coating on it that it needs to retain. i used a microfiber cloth($5) and throttlebody cleaner from autozone($5-$10). for the most part I just "power blasted" the carbon deposits off of the TB with the can of TB cleaner. I had to use the rag to get some of the edge of the TB's "door" and whatever didnt want to come off of the rest of it. GL

Old 09-04-2011, 05:28 PM
that's right, I remembered I did also used throttle body cleaner on mine too. mine wasn't that dirty, didn't seem to have helped me though...

Old 10-21-2011, 12:51 PM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts
My car is doing this now too. Just started happening when I put my oem exhaust back on. Hopefully it's just readjusting or I will clean my throttle body. Fml

Old 11-04-2011, 06:00 PM
No one knows what this is caused from???

Old 11-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Well that's depressing..

Old 11-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Infiniti G35 Throttle Body Issues

I own a 2007 Infiniti G35, I dropped it off yesterday at the dealership's service dept. I explained to them that the engine is reving by itself and the car wants to stop. You can feel the flutter.
A serv. rep later that day calls me to ask if I had n e one clean my TB sensors and replace my air filters. Yes, I did. That is exactly what someone did a couple of days before I dropped it off at Infiniti. He then said all they needed to do is reset the computer and that it is part of the diagnostic fee of 130.00. I was/am confused however because if all that needed to be done was a computer reset... I don't see how this would fix the problem? Also, the car was fluttering before I had someone change the filters and clean the sensors. They only did this to help the car from stalIing, so then i asked what would Infiniti have done had I not gotten n e one else to look at my car before I took it in to them. The serv. rep said they would have done the same thing and it would have cost me 185.00 vs 130.00. So I was happy cuz I saved a little bit of $$.
So I picked up my car today and my car stopped at a redlight and I could still feel a flutter. I took the car back and the serv. rep said he hopes I don't need to replace both TBs because that is expensive. What I don't understand is my car was fluttering before I had a guy replace the air filters and clean the sensors. The serv rep siad Infiniti is hesitant to clean the TBs because they are so delicate. Did I make my car worse by having someone clean the TBs? Any comments/suggestions.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by josameliss
I own a 2007 Infiniti G35, I dropped it off yesterday at the dealership's service dept. I explained to them that the engine is reving by itself and the car wants to stop. You can feel the flutter.
A serv. rep later that day calls me to ask if I had n e one clean my TB sensors and replace my air filters. Yes, I did. That is exactly what someone did a couple of days before I dropped it off at Infiniti. He then said all they needed to do is reset the computer and that it is part of the diagnostic fee of 130.00. I was/am confused however because if all that needed to be done was a computer reset... I don't see how this would fix the problem? Also, the car was fluttering before I had someone change the filters and clean the sensors. They only did this to help the car from stalIing, so then i asked what would Infiniti have done had I not gotten n e one else to look at my car before I took it in to them. The serv. rep said they would have done the same thing and it would have cost me 185.00 vs 130.00. So I was happy cuz I saved a little bit of $$.
So I picked up my car today and my car stopped at a redlight and I could still feel a flutter. I took the car back and the serv. rep said he hopes I don't need to replace both TBs because that is expensive. What I don't understand is my car was fluttering before I had a guy replace the air filters and clean the sensors. The serv rep siad Infiniti is hesitant to clean the TBs because they are so delicate. Did I make my car worse by having someone clean the TBs? Any comments/suggestions.
You're problem seems different than mine. Mine doesn't really flutter but more like the feeling of the AC compressor kicking on. Then it will go away for a second and come back on for a few seconds. This happened after I installed my stock cats and exhaust back on. I haven't touched anything else. No cel's yet so I'm not extremely worries, just annoyed. I guess o one has ever figured out the problem...