Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Pulley Belt Slip??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 05:44 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pulley Belt Slip??

Hey guys, ive had my pulley for about maybe 2kmiles and have pushed it hard since i did all of my stuff.. Question is, i bought the pulley and belt off someone here and it was practically brand new he said, this weekend i was entering the LIE (Freeway) at night and i decided to do a quick run on my friends Gtech , i was pushing it and got into 3rd and was winding third gear out, i dont remember shifting to 4th gear at all, i def. wasnt going that fast i dont think and then all of a sudden it felt like i downshifted with the throttle floored to third, all of the power shut down and my car immediately started slowing down! Im pretty sure something slipped being that i cant remember shifting to 4th and i def. didnt downshift into third by accident, my friend behind me said he heard a loud bang noice but he alwasy here's something like that when im shifting because of exhaust or something, i have no idea.. As soon as that happened my check engine soon light came on and i got so scared, does the pulley belt need to be tightened or replaced after some mileage?

Also i reset my ECU and the light went off, its came on once before and it was because of my test pipes so i have no clue if theres something wrong or just because of my test pipe's, i want to take it to the dealer but ti dont want my warranty to be all fcuked up, damm im in a mess but my car has been running flawless since so i dunno.. Any suggestions??

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
0-60 5.4 - 1/4 Mile 14.16 *GTech* and on 19's!!

Old 10-25-2004, 06:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Pulley Belt Slip??

strange....

G35s6mt/TSecu/350Z Springs&Struts/K&Nfilter+Z-tube/StillenDualExhaust /6WireGroundKit/KinetixHighFlow