Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Turbonetics ST install!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks man.. Will be posting initial pics soon. Just got back from autozone and bought my ps fluid and oil. I'm also painting all the charge pipes gloss black. I will beatrting that now. The ones it came with were corroded. So I'm stripping it, reserfacing it, then paint... It's gonna look bling! As for the ac line. Couldn find it on import parts pro. So I'm just going to improvise something.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Oh. Forget to ask. The new injectors didn't come with those injector spacers that it mentions in the instructions. Anyone know what they look like or can I buy them at HD??? Thanks

Old 12-07-2010, 01:59 PM
Received 71 Likes on 68 Posts
Just want to wish u the best on the kit.. Hope everything works out for ya

Old 12-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by DanielsG
Oh. Forget to ask. The new injectors didn't come with those injector spacers that it mentions in the instructions. Anyone know what they look like or can I buy them at HD??? Thanks
with the deatchwerk injectors you don't need spacers. They are exact OEM drop ins. The kit may have come with other injectors such as RC that needed a spacer, but the deatchwerk will fit fine

Old 12-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Good Luck! Cant wait to see all the pics and vids of the build.

and fyi, its possible to get close to 400whp on less boost!

Old 12-07-2010, 10:31 PM
400 with less bost? hows that... anyway i will post pics in a sec! i repainted the charge tubes for in intercooler.. they look awewome!! BTW i realized i have the stock RC 440 cc injectors so i need those spacers... any ideas?

Old 12-07-2010, 11:39 PM
first pics. intercooler charge pipes!

here is what the pipes looked like. notice all the pitting and corrosion.

here are the pipes with all corrosion gone and first primer

Here is second coat of primer

here is the final product after 2 base coats and 3 clear coats

Old 12-08-2010, 10:20 AM
today, going to autostore to get a few bew coupler. the turbonetics couplers have a few holes in them so im replacing them. also getting a new air filter. hopefully i can start with the fuel pump and injectors later! more pics to come soon! BTW, my injectors are green and kinda small, i think those are the 440cc denso injectors that come with the kit? how would i get those spacers i need for them? what do they look like?

Old 12-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Those pipes are looking good

For the spacer in the parts list does it list a measurement of it? If so try to find a washer at said thickness, or just stack a few together and you should be fine.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:30 AM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Looooool I love how you've converted the room

Old 12-08-2010, 10:48 AM
yea baby! lol its my home made paint booth! its acutally my garage though. i have a tone of extra paintings that didnt match in the house so i put them in the garage. lol. anyone know how many washers and or what size/diameter?? i need to get these today...Thanks all

Old 12-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shakuya88
Those pipes are looking good

For the spacer in the parts list does it list a measurement of it? If so try to find a washer at said thickness, or just stack a few together and you should be fine.
you cant use washers... the spacers are just under an inch in length and slide around the injector like a sleeve. i can check my garage to see if i have any more lying around but im not sure. it would be more like small pieces of aluminum conduit. if you call denso they might be able to send you some.
i mis lead you with the a/c line. you wont find it at importpartspro but the oilpan spacer is there and ant other parts you need for the vq. you will have to look elsewhere for the a/c line of you want to change it out.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:56 AM
ok thanks. i think i am opting to relocate it myself and arap it up with 3 layers of heat wrap.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by 1hotvq
you cant use washers... the spacers are just under an inch in length and slide around the injector like a sleeve. i can check my garage to see if i have any more lying around but im not sure. it would be more like small pieces of aluminum conduit. if you call denso they might be able to send you some.
i mis lead you with the a/c line. you wont find it at importpartspro but the oilpan spacer is there and ant other parts you need for the vq. you will have to look elsewhere for the a/c line of you want to change it out.
ok. i think i may have those actually, do they look like alluminum sleeves. they kinda slide on half way on the bottom of the injector? and they kinda look like a top hat..

Old 12-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by 1hotvq
I just looked up the install, they aren't spacers, I know some Injectors are talled and need spacers to lift the fuel rail up. These are adapters so your right, washers wouldn't work. To OP those aluminum "top hat" pieces would seem right. The manual shows a 2 tiered piece that goes onto the top of the injector (part into the fuel rail).

Last edited by Shakuya88; 12-08-2010 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Spell Check

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Turbonetics ST install!!