Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Turbonetics ST install!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbonetics ST install!!

hello all. just wanted to share my turbonetics install progress and maybe get a few dos and donts from those who know a lot about this kit. obviously i wouldnt be doing it if i didnt know what im doing... but any particulars that will save time and hassle would be a huge help! things to be careful with and anything i should be carefill with. Thank a ton guys! here are my parts:

1. turbonetics kit catless.
2. deatchwerk 600cc injectors
3. walboro 255 fuel pump
4. Utech with map sensor
5. LOTS OF HEAT WRAP. for exhaust manifold and ac lines ETC.
6. Turboxs boost controller
7. NGK plus 1 step colder
8. nismo radiator.
9. mobil one synthetic
10.Autometer cobalt wideband, Boost, and oil pressure.
11. NPV sealant and high temp locktite

Ok, I am starting this build wednesday. I Will be posting updated pics with my progress. Thank you a lot!!!!!!! exprets chime in!

Old 12-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Best of luck with your install!

The biggest thing I can say after doing my Twin Turbo Kit myself is always double check everything. Don't be afraid to ask questions even if you think they are stupid. We all have to learn at some point in time meaning there is no such things a stupid questions, we have all had those stupid questions at one point or another. I am sure some people will tend to disagree though. Also if something isn't going together right or doesn't seem right don't force it.

One big thing for me is when I was working on something and just nothing was fitting up/coming together properly I walked away for 15-20 mins or even more sometimes. I found when I walked away for a little bit I was able to calm my frustration and come back with a more clear head and able to pin point the problem. Most of the time it was very simple obvious things but I was just so pissed I completely overlooked it lol

Old 12-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Thank you sir for the kinds words and encouragement lol. I just received my packages... I will update with pics! Probably going to start tomorrow!

Old 12-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Dont use the TN reflash use at least a utec or even better get the osiris reflash.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:46 PM
Yeah. I have that in my parts list above. Thanks.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Are you going to be building your motor? I'm on a built shortblock with the TN setup and opted out for a few different things. I went with a bigger wastegate because the TN kit has boost creep. Also NGK-LFA6X-11 step 2 colder plugs. Step 1 is good but the 2's are better if you live in a warm climate. Grab the A/C line from Treadstone Performance..All the heat wrap in the world won't stop the factory line from rubbing against the piping and snapping. Also if not on a budget lookinto a J&S Safegaurd and HKS DLI. I would also recomend getting your ECU reflashed by TN just in case your UTEC decides to shiet the bed (better safe than sorry) Other than that you sound like you are on your way to sucsess! Good luck!

Old 12-07-2010, 12:07 AM
thanks man. No built block, just doing a conservative build for now until i have some extra cash to buid etc. I am going to be tuning to 8.5 lbs and shoooting for 400 whp. I think i will get that with my supporting mods. AS for the waste gate, I bought a turbo timer that will allow me to exceed the 6 lbs max spring and will also allow me to not over boost and blow my motor. That will be set at around 9 lbs. The heat wrap will not work with the ac line?? wow. well, I am going to try and re route the ac line away from the turbo and also heat wrap the shiz out of it. everthiing seems pretty straight farword and am excited about getting started. the only thing I am a litte concered about is tapping the block. what is the best way of doing it? should i start with a small bit and gradually dirill with a larger one, then finally srill it with the 9/16th threading bit?

Old 12-07-2010, 12:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DanielsG
thanks man. No built block, just doing a conservative build for now until i have some extra cash to buid etc. I am going to be tuning to 8.5 lbs and shoooting for 400 whp. I think i will get that with my supporting mods. AS for the waste gate, I bought a turbo timer that will allow me to exceed the 6 lbs max spring and will also allow me to not over boost and blow my motor. That will be set at around 9 lbs. The heat wrap will not work with the ac line?? wow. well, I am going to try and re route the ac line away from the turbo and also heat wrap the shiz out of it. everthiing seems pretty straight farword and am excited about getting started. the only thing I am a litte concered about is tapping the block. what is the best way of doing it? should i start with a small bit and gradually dirill with a larger one, then finally srill it with the 9/16th threading bit?
i would seriously consider a oil pan spacer instead of taping the block. i actually went with an aps baffled oil pan.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:26 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 1hotvq
i would seriously consider a oil pan spacer instead of taping the block. i actually went with an aps baffled oil pan.
I agree, did a DIY twin turbo at home and the oil pan spacer was prob the best investment at the time

Old 12-07-2010, 01:33 AM
where can i get one? also haveing some trouble finding a new ac line. whats the difference anyway? does the new one just come wraped in heat sheild? is there anyway i can just bend mine away from turbo?? and heat wrap it like crazy.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:18 AM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
subscribed, and best of luck

Old 12-07-2010, 10:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
where can i get one? also haveing some trouble finding a new ac line. whats the difference anyway? does the new one just come wraped in heat sheild? is there anyway i can just bend mine away from turbo?? and heat wrap it like crazy.
check out importpartspro.com. i got a few parts off there and they have good service and fast shipping.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
The one I have is GTM since my turbo kit is made by them the return threads were right and pre tapped. For the quality of the piece I would deff recommend that.

As far as the A/C line, I believe with the turbonetics kit it replaces a hard line with a flex line to allow clearance to the turbo. I don't have personal experience with this kit so don't quote me on that. But I remember reading that when I was researching before.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Yea. I don't have that supplied. But I think I can relocate the the oem slightly and put a ton of thermal wrap on it.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:13 PM
Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts
Nothing productive to add, just wanted to say good luck and in for pics!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Turbonetics ST install!!