Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

How to retrieve SES / CEL code on 2011 Infiniti ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 07:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question How to retrieve SES / CEL code on 2011 Infiniti ?

I know I could go to the dealer and I know I can go to Autozone and get a reader. What I'm wondering is if there is a key trick like in my Dodge to get the code to display. (If you turn the key on/off in a certain combo on Dodge vehicles, it will display the code in the odometer eg P0138).

Anything like this for our Infiniti Cars?

Old 12-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, my Autozone finally caved and no longer offers scanner loaners, rentals, or buy/returns. Apparently some lawsuit prevents them from doing such, though they're happy to sell you one.

Old 12-18-2010, 12:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G35 Owner
Well, my Autozone finally caved and no longer offers scanner loaners, rentals, or buy/returns. Apparently some lawsuit prevents them from doing such, though they're happy to sell you one.
Advanced Auto Parts does, or did as of like a month ago...

Old 12-18-2010, 12:15 AM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Its for the 2010 altima but i think i read you can use it for the G's too. I know the feeling my OBD reader cant be used because i need the update. 160 bux and cant use it til i get the cable!

Altima Manually Pull and Read Check Engine Light Codes CEL/SES
This article shows you how to read/pull the fault codes, usually accompanied by a Check Engine Light or Service Engine Soon, on your Altima with push button start. You do not need an OBDII code reader or any other special tools to do this.

To take a reading without using an OBD II reader, you can do this:

Note: Familiarize yourself with the entire procedure before attempting. A pen, paper, and stop watch will be helpful.

1. Put the car into “ON” without the engine started (hit the ignition button twice without having your foot on the brake)

2. Wait 3 seconds for the car to do a systems check (you know this is done when all the lights except your service engine light go off)

3. Do 5 full accelerator press and releases in 5 seconds (floor your car 5 times in 5 seconds)

4. Wait 7 seconds.

5. Floor the accelerator again, and hold it there for 10 seconds (approx).Your service engine light will turn off.

6. When the light turns off, take your foot off the pedal, and get ready to count.

At this point, the service engine light will start blinking.It will give you a 4 digit code – the first number will flash slowly, followed by a slight pause, the next three numbers will flash quickly, all with a pause in the middle.10 flashes means a number “0.”So if your car blinked 10 times, then 4, then 4, then 2 again, you would have a code of “0442,” which is your gas cap thing.Other codes can be determined by looking at a OBD II code reference sheet.