Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

p0335, no spark, new sensor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 03:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
p0335, no spark, new sensor

I did some reaserch on this forum and other forums, I have checked everything that can fix the problem, and i dont know what to do.

here is some info on the car:
2005 g35 6mt rev up, utec, build engine, custom turbo, OEM cams, F1 flywheel, car worked fine for 4 months with no problem

A little history to what my situation is and what has happened.
Last year I build my engine, Everything was working fine for about 4 months.
January of this year:
I was driving my car and it started sputtering,and died. Had the car towed back home. Checked codes I had cam position sensor bank 1 and crank position sensor. I replaced both sensors car started with no problem. drove around the block and it stalled. Checked codes and it came out cam position sensor bank 1 and bank 2. the car would crank but it sounded weird, and would not start.

I had my crank pulley crack in half along with the crank key braking off . Timing skipped but no bent valves, I checked for leaks, fixed a few leaking valves and rebuild the engine.
I re installed the engine, clutch , tranny , filled up with fluids and the car don't start, I get P0335 crank position circuit malfunction. I got a new crank sensor cleared the code and still the same thing.

here is a list of diagnostics i did:
-replaced crank position sensor
-checked spark plugs, no spark, even with new plugs
-checked fuel, fuel is being supplied
-checked timing according to the JWT website, (crank pulley aligned at TDC, both intake cams are in the correct position, flywheel is in the correct position - at least from what i can see through the crank sensor hole)
- While cranking Security light is not on , nor blinking
- changed back to oem ecu from utec ,
-checked grounding and 12v at the crank position plug , ok
- flywheel only has one way of installing it (1 hole for the alignment pin sticking out of the crank)

One thing I should mention I have my harness tucked , and I am thinking that might be the problem, I still didn't check continuity between the sensors and ECU

Any help or ideas where to go with this would be appreciated, I refuse to go to the stealership because I dont want to spend 2k on something I might fix myself

Old 03-12-2011, 09:04 PM
ok fixed the problem

Old 03-12-2011, 09:16 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
what was it?

Old 03-13-2011, 10:29 PM
on the driver side head I installed the intake cam sensor on the exhaust side and the exhaust sensor on the intake side, but the weird thing is that I kept getting P0335 which is crank position , The ecu was getting 2 wrong timing from the bank 2 head but didnt throw any cam codes.