Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

continued revs after clutch pushed in.. yikes!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
continued revs after clutch pushed in.. yikes!

I really need some insight on this as i have searched and troubleshooted this issue that ive been having for some time now. So when driving and shifting gears normally you cant really tell except for a slight hanging of the RPM needle, no big deal however i notice the delay. now, whenever i give it some more throttle and shift, even at 4500-5000 RPM, and push the clutch in to change a gear, the RPMS and engine continually go up. about 500-800 RPMs very noticable. This side affect is linear because the more throttle i give the more aggrevated the rpms become. Its as if there is a severe delay in releaseing the gas pedal however no delay when pressing it. so obviously i cant drive hard because if i take it anywhere near red line the car will deffinately over rev.

Heres what i have already done,
-cleaned the throttle body
-bought new throttle body
-yes i release the gas pedal before clutching
-I also notice the RPMs, even at normal driving, are jumpy which has been a problem for a while now. I aleady replaced my dash cluster but the problem came back. I am wondering if it has a relation to this problem.

No idea what else to do. but its driving be cRAzY!
BTW i have built motor and turboed. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want to

Old 10-15-2011, 05:29 PM
bump...please

Old 10-15-2011, 09:28 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
TB closed position relearn?

By your sig, it sounds like you have lots of mods.... could something not working right.

Old 10-15-2011, 10:13 PM
i didnt know there is a closed position relearn as well. I though there was only a idle air relearn. do you know how i do that? i already did. throttle position, idle air. ? I checked everything, from vacuum leaks to dirty MAF, to new throttle body, it just seems as if the release of the throttle pedal is really delayed causing the rpms to continually go up. pushing the throttle, it is instantaneous. but when i let go it takes a second to slow and drop. the more i press the gas the worse it is.

Old 10-15-2011, 10:40 PM
Here:

https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/...ecu-reset.html

If that doesn't work or you already did it, I don't know. I'm just guessing simple stuff. If you're turbo, something may not be working as it should (wastegate, bov/bpv) and that could be causing something like what you're describing.

My only other suggestion is to reset the ecu and check your gas pedal to be sure it is able to move freely in both directions.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:42 PM
i actually just replaced my BOV to an HKS and it still does it. Good point though. Im wondering how a waste gate would cause this problem? never thought of that. I don't have the same problems as the link described. and i actually already did all of those ecu resetting procedures, I appreciate your help. anything else it could be or anyone else experience this?

Old 10-16-2011, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by DanielsG
i actually just replaced my BOV to an HKS and it still does it. Good point though. Im wondering how a waste gate would cause this problem? never thought of that. I don't have the same problems as the link described. and i actually already did all of those ecu resetting procedures, I appreciate your help. anything else it could be or anyone else experience this?
I'm not sure, man. I assumed since the revs were rising that either the BOV or the wastegate were not releasing pressure and thus possibly causing the problem. My other thought was floormats causing problems like they can when they shift around. It doesn't do the rev-rise at idle or anything? I just adjusted my clutch pedal and the big thing to look for was the clutch not completely disengaging after the change if you go too far. It may be something to look at.

When were you tuned recently?

Old 10-16-2011, 12:30 AM
I think i understand the issue. Ive been researching like crazy and the general consensus for this problem has to do with the Drive by wire system we have in the G. Apperently, the throttle butterfly will open fast but will close slowly for emissions purposes. here is something i found on a STI forum, they also have DBW.

And yes,...the stock slow close will help the turbo stay spooled a bit more. To combat the tendancy for the turbo to have to spool more after the shift you want a really good recirc valve. The only recirc one that opens fully that I have seen is the APS one. I dataloged the time to spool after a shift with the stock and APS valves. With the stock valve the turbo was back to full boost 305 miliseconds after I hit the gas again after the 1-2 shift. With the APS valve it was about 225 miliseconds. (as dataloged on my laptop using the ECUTEK Easy ECU cable) This represents a 30% faster spool-back after a shift. A well spent $249.

Old 10-16-2011, 12:36 AM
the question is how can i program the throttle to close faster? thats exactly what it feels like. as stated before. when i press the gas its instantaneous but when i release it takes a second for the throttle to close. maybe i should try a sprint booster. im surprised no one else has this issue.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Banned
Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
I see you have an 07, is it MT? If so this is *normal* and irritating, one of the things a "Rev-up" engine does. It slightly blips the throttle when you shift.

-Rob

Old 11-02-2011, 05:31 PM
yea. i really hate it. .. how do i fix it?

Old 11-03-2011, 09:36 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by DanielsG
yea. i really hate it. .. how do i fix it?
Trade it in for a non-revup

Honestly, i've never heard of anyone "fixing it" you just have to get used to it..

-Rob

Old 11-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
What about a standalone because isnt it just the ecm that is causing it?

Old 11-03-2011, 09:52 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by wbama387
What about a standalone because isnt it just the ecm that is causing it?
Not unless you go Motec, since even standalones for G/Zs still leave the drive-by-wire to the stock ECU.

-Rob

Old 11-04-2011, 11:14 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
I have been running a VIPEC standalone that controls the drive by wire itself for about 3 years now. Haltech also has that feature as well as Autronic and ProEFI so several of them can do it.

Last edited by Sylvan lake V35; 11-05-2011 at 12:09 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: continued revs after clutch pushed in.. yikes!