Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Problems!!! Misfire, shaking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Problems!!! Misfire, shaking

Hello,
Where to begin?? Since the beginning my 2003 Infiniti G35 sedan was a major problem. There is constantly always something wrong or recalled ( even though my recalls are never covered! )

A couple months ago, while I was driving 35 mph, all of a sudden the car stopped, steering was hard, all lights on the dash went on. Thank god I was on an empty side street! I had to put in neutral then after a few minutes it would start back. Took it in to get checked out. I got an Oil change, tune up and they said the Cam shaft sensor had to be changed. So did all of that, they said it should be running like new. Was it running like NEW?!? NOOOOOOOOO of course not After getting all that fixed, the problem of the car stalling and turning off was solved but now it misfires & shakes while stopped... I got it checked out again and they said Misfire in the 3rd cylinder. But he still didn't say what the problem was. I am tired of taking my car to idiots and paying $150 for them to "check it out" and nothing is fixed. Does anyone know what that means? Either bad spark plug, fuel injector or coil?! I am going to have my boyfriend fix it. Should I change all 3?? Please help!!!

Thanks!
Belinda

Old 11-09-2011, 03:02 PM
Banned
Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
It is possible that they changed the wrong cam position sensor, you would be surprised how often that happens since people tend to think of Bank1 as the driver's side, when it is actually the passenger side. So do you know what the code was for the cam sensor and which side was changed?

If the correct cam sensor was changed, you can check the coil packs by disconnecting them one by one, if you find one that doesn't make the engine run worse when disconnected, you have a suspect. From there you can switch that coil pack with another and see if the misfire follows the coil pack or stays with the cylinder. If its an actual misfire (not being caused by a bad cam position sensor) it will likely be a bad coil pack or spark plugs. We have yet to see injector issues in our shop, even having seen G35s with nearly 300k miles.

Goodluck!
-Rob

The following users liked this post:
G35Sucks (11-11-2011)
Old 11-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Rob,

Thank you so much for replying so quickly. When they replaced the Cam Shaft sensor, don't remember what the code was... but I know they changed the driver side.
Wish you were in Chicago, you actually sound like you know what you are talking about.
We will try the Coils and a spark plug. I am hoping and praying that this will solve my problem! I miss driving my car when it ran perfectly! Thank you for your help. Have a great day

Belinda

The following users liked this post:
Z1Motorsports (11-09-2011)
Old 11-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
I heard that they usually replace both cam sensors at the same time.. both of mine are bad now, im getting it fixed this week..

Old 07-19-2017, 12:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im in the same position

52:I'm in the same situation .. I've change the cam sensor camshaft sensor and crank sensor and still nothing I change the the coil pack and spark plugs I change my ecu and still nothing my last guess would be the injectors .. but my car did the same thing .. so if u get help please let me know...
Originally Posted by G35Sucks
:

Hello,
Where to begin?? Since the beginning my 2003 Infiniti G35 sedan was a major problem. There is constantly always something wrong or recalled ( even though my recalls are never covered! )

A couple months ago, while I was driving 35 mph, all of a sudden the car stopped, steering was hard, all lights on the dash went on. Thank god I was on an empty side street! I had to put in neutral then after a few minutes it would start back. Took it in to get checked out. I got an Oil change, tune up and they said the Cam shaft sensor had to be changed. So did all of that, they said it should be running like new. Was it running like NEW?!? NOOOOOOOOO of course not After getting all that fixed, the problem of the car stalling and turning off was solved but now it misfires & shakes while stopped... I got it checked out again and they said Misfire in the 3rd cylinder. But he still didn't say what the problem was. I am tired of taking my car to idiots and paying $150 for them to "check it out" and nothing is fixed. Does anyone know what that means? Either bad spark plug, fuel injector or coil?! I am going to have my boyfriend fix it. Should I change all 3?? Please help!!!

Thanks!
Belinda