Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

beginning mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 03:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
beginning mods

Hi all...need suggestions on what i should start with on the engine mods. Seems to me that everyone starts with the intake and pop chargers. Would help a lot if i can gain some wisdom from all of you on what to mod first, brand, performance, and experience. Thanks!!!!

Old 12-27-2004, 03:48 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
My engine mods include: Z-Tube, Stillen intake, HKS exhaust, TS-ECU, and GroundingGear.

If I had to do it over again, I would start with just the TS-ECU and GroundingGear. These are simple, non-intrusive and the TS-ECU gives alot of performance.

I am happy with the intake and exhaust, but you may or may not like the sound.

Old 12-27-2004, 04:32 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by MiamiG35sedan
My engine mods include: Z-Tube, Stillen intake, HKS exhaust, TS-ECU, and GroundingGear.

If I had to do it over again, I would start with just the TS-ECU and GroundingGear. These are simple, non-intrusive and the TS-ECU gives alot of performance.

I am happy with the intake and exhaust, but you may or may not like the sound.
From what I understand about the ECU reflash from Technosqare, it should be done after all your other mods so that it retunes to include all the mods themselves.
That way the mods won't change the mapping/Air Fuel every time one is done.

I've done intake including CAI and Crawford Intake, Borla True Dual Exhaust, Hyper Grounding.
I'm not planning Forced induction or headers, so now would be the best time for me to reflash the ECU.

Hope this helps,
GSM

Old 12-27-2004, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A lot of people do go that way with the pop charger and ztube. But I went the route of the CAI. Just make sure you do your research before you buy. If you have any questions, just post here in the correct forum. I'm sure some rocket scientist is able to help you. Just not me... haha

Old 12-28-2004, 09:19 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by gsedanman
From what I understand about the ECU reflash from Technosqare, it should be done after all your other mods so that it retunes to include all the mods themselves.
That way the mods won't change the mapping/Air Fuel every time one is done.

Hope this helps,
GSM
You are correct about this, and indeed that is how I did it (reflash after all my mods were done). On the other hand, I really have no way of gauging the impact of just the reflash on a stock engine because I already did my mods; so, if I had to do it over again I would choose to do the reflash first to then see if I felt in necessary to continue further with more audibly intrusive intake and exhaust mods. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with my setup, but I don't know how far this guy wants to modify. Some people are not happy with the sounds resulting from the intake and exhaust mods, and since I don't know what he likes or dislikes I was only recommending a more conservative approach.