Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

unichip available for G35 and 350Z

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 04:16 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dizzy
No agreement or contract has ever been signed between us and KP Technologies. We've been in negotiations with them. That's NOT a contract. Contract 101, there must be an offer and an acceptence.
We (Maruice and I) agreed on pricing, shipping terms, and advertising. It went as far as Maurice telling me all we had left to do is submit pictures and a short description of our item and it would be posted ASAP. We may not have SIGNED a contract, but verbal contracts have just as much power (Contract 201).

So what if we wanted to see if we could get better margins?
This is really nobody elses business but since you brought it up: There is a huge difference in 'a better margin' and an unfair margin. Maurice wanted high volume discounts with out V6P ever actually buying a single product from KPtech. In the original agreement we made KPtech would drop ship EVERY module sold through V6Ps website.

So before you go further on your tirade against another forum, think about where g35driver is going to be in a few years if not sooner.
Maybe you need to do some research on the site. If you do you will find the owners of G35driver.com already have a storefront. However, UNLIKE v6p.net Strictly Z doesn't force feed its products down members throats.

I'm being dead serious when I say this, and the members of this forum who know me will back this up: The fallout of the deal between KPtech and V6P.net means very little to me. My hostility with V6P.net has nothing to do with our deal falling through. I have a 'real' full time job that 'allows' me to travel all over the US Monday through Friday (which is how I get to meet so many G35driver members) and it keeps me WAY too busy to worry about little ripples in the water. However, I am, by nature, a very helpful person and I make these modules to help other people out. KPtech spend NO money advertising them, everything is word of mouth.

Like I said before I only came to V6P.net because ITS members asked for my help. In the world I live in my priorities change very quickly and I'm over the Honda modules, I moved on a long time ago. Because the Honda module was only a modified version of the G35 module that only thing I lost were a few hours of time, but in the process I got to meet 3 really cool Honda owners so its well worth it in my book. My G35 friends I've personally met in Tampa, Philly, Nashville and Chicago can back me up on that.

My biggest issue is the double standard that NO ONE can come on to V6P and push products but V6P can go ANYWHERE and get free advertisement.

Next up is how no one seems to know anything about the products that are being promoted. This includes when the KPtech module was polled for popularity for the early Supras and Accords - cars I said time and time again we had NO interest in supporting, the STS turbo system, and the Unichip. I am somewhat happy though with your response that Unichip hasn't even released the VQ module and thats why you have NO info about it. However, from what I understand, and don't get me wrong, I'm NOT a Unichip rep, the Unichip piggyback is UNIVERSAL and will work with 90% of cars with ECUs. The only difference between the standard Unichip and the PnP model is that the PnP model has a direct plug in harness and can be preloaded with base tuning. Therefore, ALL (or at least 98%) Honda data should be directly applicable to the VQ model.

I will be the first to admit that communications between V6P.net were never good. V6P.net apparantly likes to do everything by phone, where KPtech likes to do 95% of stuff by Email (that way Kris and I can keep informed and we have records of everything we say and do since we never see each other). Also, I quit carrying my cell phone on the road with me. It all goes back to what I said though, I'm over the Honda modules. I am satisfied knowing that I helped the people who wanted them developed. They all got modules.

It kills me how you all claim to have offices, warehouses, products, etc. but claim that NO ONE has made any money. Are you all independantly wealthy? Don't you have bills to pay? How can you all volunteer enough time that you need offices but don't need paychecks? I'm just asking out of curiousity cuz I would love to quit my job and dedicate all my time to KPtechnologies.

Old 01-11-2005, 05:14 PM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dont know where this post is going but seems to have gotten off track.
I locked it for now because I have other things I need to do at the moment. When I have time I will come back and reveiw it prior to re-opening..

Kyle