Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

NWP Big Bore 75mm Throttle Body Kit Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 04:50 PM
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
NWP Big Bore 75mm Throttle Body Kit Review

As soon as I heard about the release of this kit I was stoked. I have been looking for new ways to improve performance out of my NA G Coupe without boosting and I have basically every bolt on already. The day it was available for sale I purchased it!

I installed the thing as soon as it was delivered to my house. Initial reaction was that everything felt and looked solid. no flimsy materials and everything provided for a direct bolt on.

Only thing you will need is a 3.5" to 3" reducer coupler if you're using a stock intake or sometime you can stretch the 3" coupler over the throttle body. whatever works.... It is a perfect fit with stock plenum or the kinetix velocity manifold. it does not touch the hood.

Once the throttle body was installed, I started the car up and initially it threw the check engine light. I performed the ecu reset, idle relearn and the codes were gone and have not come back. You can immediately feel a power gain even with the stock intake. I could feel the car rev much more responsively, but I felt that I could get even more power out of this thing. I had a custom 3.5" furookie type intake fabbed up and paired it up with a JWT pop charger and wow this thing really woke up! The car definitely needs a good tune at this point but even without it the good ol' butt dyno says this thing is well worth the money.

I cut the throttle body warming hoses off also because i didn't want random empty hoses showing.

Old 09-07-2013, 07:20 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Good to hear. Mine's sitting at home, but I'm out of town until Monday so baby's getting her new toy then.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:38 AM
Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts
I'd been planning on holding mine off to the side until my new engine is ready but I'm getting impatient.... Just sent out the TB, Velocity and lower runners to be ported/polished. I don't think they're gonna be sitting on the shelf when I get them back.

Old 09-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
Has your gas mileage changed?

Old 09-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Same here want to upgrade my intake this is a great product for the cost. Can you pM me pics of the intake and set up I can't see the pics thanks

Old 09-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Jairen
I don't have a dyno, but my butt dyno says there is some gain up top. I've come to know my top end really well from the hundreds of passes at the strip. Above 6000rpm, it has more pull. Nothing mind blowing, but I know it's there.

When I installed it, I also had a CEL with a high idle. Did all of the reset procedures and worked well.

Not sure what happened the other day. I did a total of 8 laps around the Nurburgring. 4 "slow" and 4 fast laps. After I was completing all of my laps, the high idle came back for some reason. No biggie. I just did the TB reset procedure and it was back to normal. Also, the black plastic part of the TB rubs against my hood.
reason why its rubbing on the hood is due to the SSV. it sits higher than stock plenum because i had installed the TB before i put a 5/16 spacer and wasnt rubbing, but after it started to rub. i just make sure i dnt slam the hood down though. so far loving the new TB just want to get tuned though.

i am interested in where you had your intake Fabricated and if maybe another could be made and sent my way

Old 09-26-2013, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats the bore of our stock throttle body? Also anyone know if a throttle body spacer is any good on our platform? I got a pretty hefty set of bolt ons on my 06 6mt g35. K&N drop in, Z tube, Kinetix upper plenum, Motordyne MREV2 lower plenum Motordyne ART test pipes, and Borla Cat back exhaust. I feel like im bottle necking at the throttle body and don't know if a spacer will do the trick to increase velocity after the throttle body or what? any suggestions. Oh Im also buying Osires UpRev standard tune soon once I decide on the final intake mod.

Old 09-26-2013, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by cbrg35
Whats the bore of our stock throttle body? Also anyone know if a throttle body spacer is any good on our platform? I got a pretty hefty set of bolt ons on my 06 6mt g35. K&N drop in, Z tube, Kinetix upper plenum, Motordyne MREV2 lower plenum Motordyne ART test pipes, and Borla Cat back exhaust. I feel like im bottle necking at the throttle body and don't know if a spacer will do the trick to increase velocity after the throttle body or what? any suggestions. Oh Im also buying Osires UpRev standard tune soon once I decide on the final intake mod.
dont quote me on this but i think its 68mm

Old 09-26-2013, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Jairen
I don't have a dyno, but my butt dyno says there is some gain up top. I've come to know my top end really well from the hundreds of passes at the strip. Above 6000rpm, it has more pull. Nothing mind blowing, but I know it's there.

When I installed it, I also had a CEL with a high idle. Did all of the reset procedures and worked well.

Not sure what happened the other day. I did a total of 8 laps around the Nurburgring. 4 "slow" and 4 fast laps. After I was completing all of my laps, the high idle came back for some reason. No biggie. I just did the TB reset procedure and it was back to normal. Also, the black plastic part of the TB rubs against my hood.
I asume you have the V+ since you mentioned black plastic. I have the SSV myself with a strut bar over it and it seems to clear just fine. are you using a spacer with the v+ also?

Old 09-26-2013, 06:44 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
anyone know wat car this tb was actually made for? it says hitachi on it who makes oem tb for nissans and probably some other cars as well

Old 09-26-2013, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by saywat?
anyone know wat car this tb was actually made for? it says hitachi on it who makes oem tb for nissans and probably some other cars as well
2011 Nissan Maxima

The following users liked this post:
saywat? (09-26-2013)
Old 09-27-2013, 09:40 AM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
2009+ Maxima

This mod has been popular on the Maxima forums for a little while now, catching on with other platforms now since NWP has made it plug-n-play.

Old 09-27-2013, 02:12 PM
^ wat do u mean this mod is popular with maxima owners if the tb came on the car stock?

Old 09-27-2013, 02:31 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
^ wat do u mean this mod is popular with maxima owners if the tb came on the car stock?
It's popular for Maxima owners with pre-2009 models since their TB is also smaller.

Old 09-27-2013, 02:34 PM
I see. I hope someone dynos this. im very curious

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NWP Big Bore 75mm Throttle Body Kit Review