Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Radiator install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 04:14 AM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Radiator install

I found a crack on the top of my radiator, below the neck, and now I need to replace it. I used JB Weld for a temp fix while I'm waiting for my radiator to come in.

Should it be a good time to replace my drive belts while I'm trying to replace my radiator? Any thing else I should do while I'm doing this? Any tips from other members who attempted this?

I have a bout 108K and try to DIY most things in my G. Hopefully this goes well.

Edit:

For you guys that have Koyo Radiator, what fans are you using?

Last edited by OSKIRE; 12-09-2013 at 05:05 AM. Reason: fans?
Old 12-10-2013, 03:13 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
If the belts warrant it then take care of it with the radiator out. As for the fans. I'm using OEM fans and have no temp issues. Using Uprev software I had my tuner lower the setpoint when the fans kick on.

The following users liked this post:
OSKIRE (12-18-2013)
Old 12-18-2013, 03:01 AM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks N8Deezy!

I did change out my belts while the fans and radiator was out. I was going to change my thermostat but I had a hard time removing the lower radiator hose that connects to the thermostat and ended up cutting it off. I replaced it with a Samco hose but didn't have an extra hose for the oil coolant line that also connects to the thermostat.

Issue now is bleeding/burping the system. I've "eaten" coolant the past 2 days since replacing my radiator. haha. Just waiting on my Lisle funnel to come in the mail so I can burp/bleed the system even better.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:11 PM
Received 168 Likes on 148 Posts
Originally Posted by OSKIRE
Thanks N8Deezy!

I did change out my belts while the fans and radiator was out. I was going to change my thermostat but I had a hard time removing the lower radiator hose that connects to the thermostat and ended up cutting it off. I replaced it with a Samco hose but didn't have an extra hose for the oil coolant line that also connects to the thermostat.

Issue now is bleeding/burping the system. I've "eaten" coolant the past 2 days since replacing my radiator. haha. Just waiting on my Lisle funnel to come in the mail so I can burp/bleed the system even better.
Are you getting scorching hot heat now at idle and is still overheating? Just make sure you carry some coolant with you and check it everytime you're done driving. I forgot to mention that I usually fill it up past the MAX line once or twice I am done bleeding the system. It's good and bad though it means you're getting rid of those air bubbles, but probably taking some more in, lol. You'll be fine after one or two more fill ups at least in my experience.

The following users liked this post:
OSKIRE (12-20-2013)