Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

2003 G35 issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 09:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 G35 issues

Hello guys i'm new to this forum and need some help please here's my issues.
When I bought the car it ha d all the mods down to it and not sure of exactly what is done other than the obvious cat back y pope into a single muffler high flow cats
Headers, intake manifold spacer,cold air intake, undercut pulley . About a year after I bought it the right high flow cat busted and I had them both gutted out the car ran fine but was
The car way too loud so I bought more high flow cats and when I had them installed I started having some issues with a gurgling that seemed to be coming from the exhaust not as
Noticeable when the windows are down then when up for some reason ,but the sound is coming from under the car. It's almost light a vibration but you can tell it's something to do with timing, fuel,spark AFR. Ect. Not sure if it's the AFS, Temp Sensor but I did have a short on the connector on the spark plug coil that I had to rewire . At this point it's kind of masking the performance corrections we are doing to the car. now at a cold start it doesn't happen until the car warms up then it behinds to do it at partial throttle around the 2500 rpm range but when it's yapping at its worst it's from 2000-3000 rims and when you come to a stop it does it a little at idle and a little above when raising the rpm to about 1500. When it happens you can notice a power drain on the power band but it does not stumble or jerk very strange because if I stop turn the car off and wait about 5-10 mins it's fine for a while then starts again. Seems to have something to do with temp or heat. Looking at the AFR on the gauge while this is happening its seems to be in the lines of where it should be as for AFR. any ideas as to what's going on here I know you know your stuff and thought you may have come across something like this. hope you can help it's driving me nuts Man. Thank you for your help.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:14 PM
No one has any idea?

Old 05-27-2014, 08:44 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
LOL. Not from that description. So what exactly is the problem?

1. Gurgle
2. Loss of power

After you changed out the cats. Is that it? No description of codes, no sensor data, nothing and we are supposed to diagnose over the Internet? Did you even read what you wrote?

The following users liked this post:
Eno (05-27-2014)
Old 05-28-2014, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by rcdash
LOL. Not from that description. So what exactly is the problem?

1. Gurgle
2. Loss of power

After you changed out the cats. Is that it? No description of codes, no sensor data, nothing and we are supposed to diagnose over the Internet? Did you even read what you wrote?
Sorry about that, the problem started after I went back to new high flow cats . It get a gurgling sound that happens between 2-3000 rpm. Some time at a stop its present at and above badic idle. But lately it's going on when I first drive the car . It's fine then a couple of mins after it begins. It will continue untill I stop and turn the car off for about 5-10 mins . Start it up and drive after the wait and it's not a issue. But yes also to your question on loss of power , there is a very noticeable loss of power at all times even after I stop and wait the the issue goes away. Thanks for your reply I appreciate your help . If I need more decription please ask. Thx again. Mark

Old 05-28-2014, 02:16 PM
Also I'm getting no codes at all . I'm running a Osirus etune also. Thx

Old 05-28-2014, 03:44 PM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
What are the odds that one of those cats is kaput?