Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Frustration35 is what they should have named it

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2014 | 12:01 AM
|
Frustration35 is what they should have named it

I have owned my 03 g 35 for a week tomorrow I picked it up from joe Bullard infiniti this afternoon after putting a thermostat in the car Sunday which I boiled in a pot of water toake sure it opened all the way installed the thermostat and then bled the system for 12 hours to no avail still idles perfect as soon as u put it in gear the temp starts to rise so I take it to infiniti and they have no vacum flush machine so they are bleeding the system the same way I am they called today and said they replaced the thermostat and drove the car all day no problem the dealer I bought it from picked it up and drove it across town twenty in in 5:00 traffic as soon as I picked it up and drove fifteen min home the temp went up again and so I let it cool topped it off with water and bled the system again heater went cold temp went up what do I do other than buy another freakin car please help me

Old 05-23-2014 | 02:48 AM
I believe if the heater is blowing cold air than there's air in the system. Bleeding these cars is a PITA and took me a week before I got all of the air out.

Old 05-23-2014 | 06:23 AM
Punctuation? That was incredibly hard to read. I read it twice, and I still don't know what your asking....

The following users liked this post:
bigc (05-23-2014)
Old 05-23-2014 | 07:09 AM
|
I am sorry about the punctuation in my post I replaced the thermostat the radiator cap and coolant sending unit because I have bled the system until no bubbles come out and it stays ok until I run it hard. Then the heater will blow cold and the temp will rise. Only under load it will idle normal all day and never overheat I then took it to the infiniti store in mobile al. Where they said it was the thermostat which they replace and bled the system . To no avail I picked it up and still does the same thing I am at wits end what do I do

Old 05-23-2014 | 07:40 AM
Is the rad fan working?

Old 05-23-2014 | 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by herrschaft
I believe if the heater is blowing cold air than there's air in the system. Bleeding these cars is a PITA and took me a week before I got all of the air out.
This. I had the worst time bleeding all the air out of mine. Couldn't leave my car running in the winter to warm up because the heat was cold. Had to leave a brick on my gas peddle when warming up my car.

Old 05-23-2014 | 08:48 AM
^^^LOL, KMSL. Brooogggggdogdogdogdogdogdogdog

Old 05-23-2014 | 11:45 AM
I've replaced the radiator, water pump, and bled my system about three times by myself. First thing you should buy if you don't have one is the Lisle spill free funnel. It usually takes me about an hour or two the max. This is what I do:

1. Attach the funnel to the radiator neck
2. Fill the system up slowly.
2. Fill the reservoir half-way.
3. Start the car.
4. Rev it several times between 2-3K for a couple of seconds.
5. Squeeze the top and bottom hoses and feel the temperature.
6. After doing this for about 45 mins to an hour and I feel that the engine is being cooled suffciently. I do the following:
7. Bring some coolant in a jug and take the care out for a spin. There is usually still air in the heater core and blowing cold. I drive it hard down the freeway and by that time the air works itself out. By the time I get home from this trip 5-10 minutes later the heat is scorching and then I top off the reservoir.

8. Obviously you want to monitor your temp gauge to make sure it doesn't keep rising. If it does then continue with steps 1-7 again. I haven't had any problems doing it this way.

Rev up the engine so it gets hot and then see if the fans turn on. You can also rent a block tester from AutoZone for like 25 bucks to see if your head gasket is having issues. If you've only had it week though, I think the dealer should be working on this problem.