Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Need Advice on Engine Build Please!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Advice on Engine Build Please!!

Hey people!

I have a 03 G35 with 40k original miles. I have the Vortec supercharger, proEFI engine management. Injen true dual ses exhst. Test pipes. Stage 4 clutch. Etc...

Well on Mothers Day I was playing around with a Turbo Genesis coupe a friend of mine owns, we were running about 130 and I lost a cylinder.

Now I kind of thought this might happen as 2 days prior that cylinder melted a spark plug and did the same not long ago at high speeds but I was in the moment.

Anyway, now the motor needs to be rebuilt and I want to just build the hell out of it. I could really use some advice. I would like to throw a bottle on it as well. I would honestly like to hit around 800hp. Im at 525 right now (or was so to say).

Can anyone help me with my pick list so I can start ordering stuff? Im not really sure what pistons or compression ratio I should be going for. Would like to put cams, stroke it etc. I would also like to get a Cosworth intake and Momentum Headers for it as well.