Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Motordyne Spacer dyno test results

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 11:29 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Hi Pathis,
61 inch pounds is actually the high end of the spec. so it should be enough. As far as the light is concerned, if you had a air leak at the plenum it should show itself as a rough idle. The rough idle would be easy to notice. Also another indicator would be a hissing sound somewhere around the plenum. If you don't notice either of these its unlikely to be a air leak. Did you have all the MAF and O2 sensors connected when you started the car?

The last time I had a SES light come on was when I left the MAF sensor cable unpluged when I started the car. Try a ECU reset and see if it goes away. Sometimes thats all it takes.

Old 03-21-2005, 01:40 AM
National G Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hydrazine
Hi Pathis,
61 inch pounds is actually the high end of the spec. so it should be enough. As far as the light is concerned, if you had a air leak at the plenum it should show itself as a rough idle. The rough idle would be easy to notice. Also another indicator would be a hissing sound somewhere around the plenum. If you don't notice either of these its unlikely to be a air leak. Did you have all the MAF and O2 sensors connected when you started the car?

The last time I had a SES light come on was when I left the MAF sensor cable unpluged when I started the car. Try a ECU reset and see if it goes away. Sometimes thats all it takes.

Yeah, I actually did the ECU reset and it cleared the light. However it reappeared when I got up to around 6500 rpm. Im thinking that its actually the new cats thats setting it off. Havent heard anything coming from the plenum or any problems idling so the spacer seems to be ok. btw Im really loving the mod. I definetly give it 2 thumbs up.

Old 03-21-2005, 08:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 3/8" spacer has been installed for nearly a week. At first I noticed a little bit more power, but now after 50+ miles of driving, the power is more noticeable. This might be the ECU adapting (I didn't do a reset). My other mods are high flow cats and a Z tube. The spacer is a great mod.

Old 04-18-2005, 11:23 PM
Jp1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
torque

61 inch pounds doesn't seem much but with aluminum it's plenty. Tony knows his stuff. Whatever you do....don't overtorque those plenum bolts. It's almost better to invest in a torque wrench vs a new tap and dye set. Yes the spacer adds power.