Go Back  G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion > Tech Area - V35 > Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Reload this Page >

spun rod bearing - looking to rebuild motor on 2007 6MT revup

Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Old 04-12-2019, 03:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what's up guys.. I've searched the forums but couldn't find a definite lost or solution. I have a 2007 g35 6mt coupe and spun the rod bearing..I guess I pushed it to the limit while low on engine oil that one fateful day. engine has 170k miles on the clock, all original by me since the day I bought it.

motor now makes a lot rattle noise at idle and increases in severity when revving. have not driven the car for a few months trying to figure this out. engine previously had no issues whatsoever, still strong.

what parts would I need to rebuild the motor? I want to get this fixed as soon as possible so I can have the car back on the road. if you have any insights or suggestions please let me know. if I can get this done for as less costly as possible if would be of great help.. just became a father and budget will be tight. thanks in advance.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:56 PM
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by brooklynite View Post
what's up guys.. I've searched the forums but couldn't find a definite lost or solution. I have a 2007 g35 6mt coupe and spun the rod bearing..I guess I pushed it to the limit while low on engine oil that one fateful day. engine has 170k miles on the clock, all original by me since the day I bought it.

motor now makes a lot rattle noise at idle and increases in severity when revving. have not driven the car for a few months trying to figure this out. engine previously had no issues whatsoever, still strong.

what parts would I need to rebuild the motor? I want to get this fixed as soon as possible so I can have the car back on the road. if you have any insights or suggestions please let me know. if I can get this done for as less costly as possible if would be of great help.. just became a father and budget will be tight. thanks in advance.
Sell it and get a vehicle more suitable for an infant car seat along with a stroller, carriage, diaper bag with diapers, wipes, changes of clothes for poop and vomit, formula, baby food etc
Congrats on the new baby. You should have checked the oil frequently

Telcoman

Old 04-13-2019, 08:12 PM
BANNED!!!
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Yep I hate to admit it but these cars are not cheap to replace parts on. Your best bet would be to shop around for a killer deal on a rev-up motor but you can still expect to spend around $1000 on a used one.

If money is tight already and you have a little one to provide for then it's time to step down from the luxury (expensive) sport (expensive) cars and time to look into a camry or civic which is practically bulletproof and a small fraction of the cost to repair.

Also, never underestimate the power of a Honda Odyssey, I'm not ****ing with you, they're pretty amazing.