Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Help! 05 G35 Sedan 6MT C1131 P1122

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2020, 08:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6MT Sedan
Help! 05 G35 Sedan 6MT C1131 P1122

The codes that being shown are p0507 p2122 c1131I​​​​​​ don't know what to do. I've replace the APP sensor and throttle body with multiple ones. Everything on the car works but it's in limp mode. S.E.S., slip, VDC off light are all one. I checked at electronic throttle body harness there's 5 volts there. But, when I checked the harness inside at APP sensor there was no 5 volts between pins 4 and 6 with the accessory on. What are the next I should take? I turn the car on and I can only rev it up to 2000rpm at operating temperature.

Last edited by Sitt'nSlideways; 10-26-2020 at 12:28 AM. Reason: New code
Old 10-31-2020, 05:50 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,462 Likes on 2,154 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
P0507 just means the idle is off, probably caused by something else.

P2122 is the APP switch sensor 1, probably failed. Replace with a new one, there are two separate sensors in the APP if one fails you are stuck in limp mode.

Replace the APP switch.

C1131 isn't actual a valid code for the G35, your OBD2 scanner doesn't support protocol ISO 9141-2. What it's doing is interpreting the ECM being in limp mode as being a diagnostic trouble code.

Also, since you unplugged the throttle body you will need to do the throttle relearn procedure listed in the FSM section EC - Engine Controls at the front of the book under "basic service procedures". You will also need to re-learn the APP, it's in the same section as the throttle body relearn.

Probably also going to need to do the idle air recalibration, easiest to use the Android app Nissan Datascan 2 but there are steps in the FSM in the same section as the two relearn procedures listed above.

Old 11-01-2020, 02:20 AM
6MT Sedan
Originally Posted by cleric670
P0507 just means the idle is off, probably caused by something else.

P2122 is the APP switch sensor 1, probably failed. Replace with a new one, there are two separate sensors in the APP if one fails you are stuck in limp mode.

Replace the APP switch.

C1131 isn't actual a valid code for the G35, your OBD2 scanner doesn't support protocol ISO 9141-2. What it's doing is interpreting the ECM being in limp mode as being a diagnostic trouble code.

Also, since you unplugged the throttle body you will need to do the throttle relearn procedure listed in the FSM section EC - Engine Controls at the front of the book under "basic service procedures". You will also need to re-learn the APP, it's in the same section as the throttle body relearn.

Probably also going to need to do the idle air recalibration, easiest to use the Android app Nissan Datascan 2 but there are steps in the FSM in the same section as the two relearn procedures listed above.
I've replaced my throttle body with a new hitachi and replace the whole pedal assembly from a g35 from the junkyard. I went through and did the relearn, it's still in limp mode, and it no longer has p2122. But, now it has P1122, P1126, and still has C1131. Also, I did see the Nissan data scan in the Google play store. Would any bluetooth based obd2 adapter work with? Any recommendations for which one? I had a feeling the C1131 was just some generic code for limp mode my old matco scanner just doesn't recognize. By the way, you think I should buy a new one pedal assembly? At this point, I thought of replacing the engine harness. Thank you so much for replying, I really appreciate it.

Old 11-01-2020, 01:09 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,462 Likes on 2,154 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
I use the BAFX bluetooth adapter, works perfectly. It supports a LOT of OBD2 protocols and I've yet to find a vehicle it doesn't work with. Android app Torque Pro is fantastic as well for your general purpose scanning, real time data, and data logging.

Are you making sure to unplug the battery every time you disconnect components like this? Modern cars are basically a delicate computer that REALLY doesn't like to have it's components unplugged hot, you MUST disconnect the battery before you go unplugging components, just because the engine isn't running doesn't mean the COMPUTER isn't running. I would install the previous throttle body since it wasn't throwing codes. Then perform the throttle closed position relearn again.

Make sure to check your harnesses each time you unplug something to make sure you aren't bending the pins over.

Also make sure you aren't operating the throttle body by hand, pretty much a guaranteed way to damage throttle-by-wire TB's.

Something else to check out, even though you aren't specifically throwing the code for the throttle control relay it might be damaged.

Old 11-01-2020, 09:07 PM
6MT Sedan
Originally Posted by cleric670
I use the BAFX bluetooth adapter, works perfectly. It supports a LOT of OBD2 protocols and I've yet to find a vehicle it doesn't work with. Android app Torque Pro is fantastic as well for your general purpose scanning, real time data, and data logging.

Are you making sure to unplug the battery every time you disconnect components like this? Modern cars are basically a delicate computer that REALLY doesn't like to have it's components unplugged hot, you MUST disconnect the battery before you go unplugging components, just because the engine isn't running doesn't mean the COMPUTER isn't running. I would install the previous throttle body since it wasn't throwing codes. Then perform the throttle closed position relearn again.

Make sure to check your harnesses each time you unplug something to make sure you aren't bending the pins over.

Also make sure you aren't operating the throttle body by hand, pretty much a guaranteed way to damage throttle-by-wire TB's.

Something else to check out, even though you aren't specifically throwing the code for the throttle control relay it might be damaged.
Yes, I make sure anytime I do anything electrical related I disconnect the negative terminal. So you think I should revert to the old throttle body? The only reason with I got new one is because after I replaced the APP sensor and did the relearn procedure from FSM, it only had P1122. So I replaced the throttle body hoping it would fix it and nothing and it threw the codes I listed in my second reply. When I look at the FSM for the codes it's all seems to point at the harness. I just keep going in circles. Thank you for the advice on Bluetooth adapter. Also, would any nissan 4pin relay work? Or does it have to be a specific one? If so, could you provide a link or part number? Again, thank you for replying.