Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

2005 6MT Coupes.. +18wHP +22/29wTQ!? - A Thanks To Tony, Motordyne Engineering

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Old 11-02-2005, 08:43 AM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by trey's wife
Alright for god's sake this has gone on long enough! That was WAY OUT OF LINE and while I will give you all of your do in regards to drag racing it appears that you are not the only one who deserves some credit there. Having said that - there are quite a few people on here who know about these cars. I have talked _extensively_ with DaveO about cars in general and believe me when I say that you have jumped over the line here.

Frankly, can you all just give it a rest. Or if not, go over to off topic and have a good little flame fest to get it out of your system and leave the rest of us out of it!
Join us for the 30 sec rule.

Old 11-02-2005, 08:54 AM
My horns hold up my halo
Originally Posted by G35_TX
Join us for the 30 sec rule.
Are you kidding? Do you know how much I can say in 30 seconds when I am upset? ROFL! You'd be reading and think you were reading one of Trey's posts. (just kidding sweetie)

Old 11-02-2005, 09:46 AM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by trey's wife
Are you kidding? Do you know how much I can say in 30 seconds when I am upset? ROFL! You'd be reading and think you were reading one of Trey's posts. (just kidding sweetie)
hehe.

Old 11-02-2005, 11:21 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by andy2434
And with having said that, Sir . . . You have lost any and all credibility. When one reverts to school yard tactics, for a lack of a better term . . . It can also be surmised that the said person will say anything to prove his/her point(s) . . . Whether the point(s) are founded or not.

I trust this evening finds you well.
So you don't see that it's a problem that an "expert", who also writes for a magizine with a large media base, can't tell that a particular mod, while making gains, actually isn't that benefical to the overall performance of the car? I could tell this immediately when looking at the graphs. That's all I was saying.

I didn't post up in this thread until I got a dyno plot to work with (Russ') because his numbers are completely normal for a Rev-Up motor plus his graphs are far easier to work with. I want you to go back to page 8 where my first post is and take a look at how this thread got heated. Take notice and see who started in with the flames and trash talking.

I have no desire to win credibility with DaveO, Russ, Chicago, etc or any member on this site and that's not my point. Once this thread is over, only a handful of people will ever remember what was said anyways.

People need to learn the stuff for themselves, not what they're told. I've gone through all this stuff before where I've gotten into heated debates with the Org "gurus" only to receive a lot of flack from the member base because I was doing something unheard of.....questioning the authoritative figures of the site. Sure, I'm going out on a limb questioning DaveO and Hydrazine who are two sponsors of this site. I guess if I get banned, I get banned. ChicagoX could only hope.

I providied all the supporting documentation and links for my side of the debate (as Russ as constantly requested) yet it seems no one will read the links and data I providied because they only believe what they're spoon fed from the gurus. All I hear is "Joe-Blow has been on this site for years, we trust him, not you because you're questioning him and he's my friend".

Can no one think for themselves?

What is somewhat reassuring, is that one of the Mods of this site actually agrees with some of the points I was making.

Goodbye.

Last edited by DaveB; 11-02-2005 at 11:34 AM.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:56 AM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB
Goodbye.
I can only hope.....

Old 11-02-2005, 11:58 AM
My horns hold up my halo
So the fact that someone reads what you posted and didn't come back and say they agreed with you means they didn't read it??? Just curious about that one. I think most of us do think for ourselves but aren't you assuming that everyone will agree with you by your outrage that they don't??? I may be reading that wrong but it sounds that way to me.

As for any Mods agreeing with you or not agreeing with you - SO?? Last time I checked we all had the option of thinking for ourselves and someone being a mod or not being one didn't mean they were an expert by default. If they agree with you and tell you that - GREAT!! Don't try to bring that into this if they didn't bring themselves into it - it makes you sound like you are whinning and I have a feeling that is not the effect you are going for.

Old 11-02-2005, 12:12 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
btw, I will be buying the 1/2" spacer soon and posting my FI findings of it...

Old 11-02-2005, 01:36 PM
DaveB, Your statements seem concise and to the point. They are also backed up with useful information. It appears that others are so cought up in the potential of a new mod. that they can't stand the idea that someone isn't on their bandwagon. Keep posting.

Old 11-02-2005, 01:47 PM
Cmon Son!
Originally Posted by jwg35c
DaveB, Your statements seem concise and to the point. They are also backed up with useful information. It appears that others are so cought up in the potential of a new mod. that they can't stand the idea that someone isn't on their bandwagon. Keep posting.
I agree with this. Im not against the product as I have stated before. I am very curious about it actually. DaveB is catching hell because as he stated, a lot of people arent thinking for themselves. I agree that some people are on bandwagons. Im not calling anyone out. This is just a fact with many reviews and discussions on products. Minus all of the flaming, I've liked the discussion/data gathering/results so far.

Old 11-02-2005, 03:00 PM
+ 2...

Old 11-02-2005, 05:50 PM
any updates on when motordyne mod is going live?

Old 11-02-2005, 06:38 PM
Premier Member

And where is this data you are saying he posts to back himself up? Because he never has.

Old 11-02-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by G35_TX
And where is this data you are saying he posts to back himself up? Because he never has.
Aren't you the guy that thinks his 05G has the same torque as an 04G does because your independant dyno says so?

Old 11-02-2005, 08:33 PM
Premier Member

Aren't you the guy that thinks his 05G has the same torque as an 04G does because your independant dyno says so?
Think? I have proof of two dynos done on the same dyno thank you very much.

Old 11-02-2005, 11:06 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Absolutely no flame meant - i just want a clarification here: What is an independent dyno compared to a non-independent dyno? I want to make sure I am on the same page with what you mean.

Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2005 6MT Coupes.. +18wHP +22/29wTQ!? - A Thanks To Tony, Motordyne Engineering