Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

aem cai filter!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 10:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aem cai filter!

i have a aem cai and i wana know how often i have to replace the filter or do i clean it or what? no clue what to do

Old 10-11-2005, 01:20 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Ok, I have a K&N Typhoon CAI and it should be the same between the 2. I just did this for the first time yesterday. I made my CAI a short ram for the monsoon season and decided yesterday to turn it back to a CAI and cleaned the filter while I was in there already.

You will need a recharging kit for this (comes with a cleaning spray & oil)

1st - remove the filter from the tube.

2nd - spray the filter heavily with the cleaning spray and let it sit for 10-30 mins.

3rd - rinse the entire filter with water from a hose or a sink with fairly heavy water pressure. Rinse VERY WELL and until the water running thru is clear and you can see light thru the filter when you look thru the end all around.

4th - Let the filter COMPLETELY dry... I shake the filter to get the majority of the water out first then I let it dry in the sun... It is very inportant that it is completely DRY.

5th - After the filter dries lightly oil the top ridges all the entire length of the ridge. It is very important NOT TO OVER OIL the ridges. Let the filter sit for another 30 mins. The oil in the recharging kit will soak into the cotton and turn it red. Look thru the end of the filter and make sure it is covered, if any area is missing oil reapply LIGHTLY to the missed areas. Let filter sit another 30 mins. After I let it sit I dap a paper towel around the filter to make sure there is no exces oil on it. Exces oil will mess up your MAFS... Let the filter sit until the oil is soaked in and will not pull tru the cotton and re-install.

Aftrer I cleaned the filter I took off my AEM bypass valve and used a conector from the stock set up to attach my 2 halves of my CAI tube and tightened everything up real nice and snug. It felt like a different animal when I took out for a drive and I know I have at least 8-10 more horses from doing this. The pick up is incredible now and it screams alot louder than it had before.

Triji