Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 09:01 AM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spring Driver’s Education event at MotorSport Ranch on Saturday, April 19, 2008

Here is an invite from our friends at the Z Club;

Hi folks,

Renee Hayden, Stampede veteran and our driving instructor at the last Stampede, sent me the email below about an upcoming driver's education (DE) event at Motorsport Ranch. Compared to other DEs (like the two-day Porsche DEs), this is a better value and you get to have six 20 minute sessions on the track (vs. four per day in with some other DEs). Moreover, you get to do all of those sessions in one day instead of having to commit to a two-day session. The classes in between sessions means it's a full day of fun and learning. If you are serious about improving your driving skills by learning from expert drivers/teachers, I recommend you give it serious consideration.

The Tourmaster

Hi everyone,

The Z Club of Texas is hosting a Spring Driver’s Education event at MotorSport Ranch on Saturday, April 19, 2008. The event is all set up and registration is OPEN! Our cost will be $175 per registered driver. The schedule includes six(6) 20 minute sessions on the track with several classroom sessions during the day. Apex Driving Academy will be running the event and we will be receiving a special club discount of $20 off their regular price of $195. This is certain to be a safe and fun filled day at the track.

To register, go to http://clubregistration.net

To register, you will need to create an account on clubregistration.net if you don’t already have one. Proceed through the account set up screens to provide information about your car, track driving experience (if any), optional medical information and emergency contact. When those screens are done, you will select the “Event Sign Up” link in the upper right of the Dashboard to sign up for the event. If you select “Z Club” in the “Organization” drop down list, you will see our event. Choose the Register option. After completing the “Event Registration” you will be taken to the “Event Payment” screen. Please notice that payment is strongly preferred at the time of registration through PayPal. Drivers already registered can pay by check only during ZCOT club meetings on 2/21 and 3/20. Unfortunately, if your fees are not paid by 3/20, your registration will be canceled. And most importantly, registering without paying online does not secure your spot.

Space is limited to 36 drivers. Please register and pay now to make sure you get to be a part of this fantastic event.

Please email me directly if you have any questions.

Renee Hayden
rlhayden2@msn.com

Old 02-13-2008, 11:03 AM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's the link to Apex Driving Academy:

Forgot to include it in the original email.

http://www.apexdrivingacademy.com/

Old 02-13-2008, 11:40 AM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
dang that is a good price

Old 02-13-2008, 03:59 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Very good price ... I did my last event at MSR with Apex and it was a great experience!

The question is ... can your car handle SIX twenty-minute sessions!?!? I already know I need new brakes since my last track session, wow do those pads get overheated!!

Old 02-14-2008, 09:03 AM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Pads for my BBK are EXPENSIVE...would be a good chance to get some use out of the 6/4 piston setup.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sweet deal, 20$ off an event I had already planned on attending just hadden't gotten around to registering yet. I've never ran with APEX, Six sessions in one day is definatly going to be tough on the brakes. I've got special pads on order from Carbotech, should be here by then.

See you there!

Last edited by GWord256; 03-12-2008 at 12:43 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:25 PM
I've signed up and payment has been confirmed!

Old 03-31-2008, 11:31 AM
Hmmm, according to the Apex website this event is sold out!?!?!? Anyone know how I can know for sure??

Old 03-31-2008, 07:05 PM
This late in the game you're probably SOL. These events sell out a month in advance. I don't know anyone personally yet from APEX but I'm sure whomever's name in on the website as a contact will be nice and friendly. But if you want a chance to go call them ASAP (like tomorrow morning) and tell them the check's in the mail.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:41 PM
The reason I've been waiting is I've been waiting for my new brakes to come in ... without those there's no way I can do the track day!

I'm just wondering if someone will be a no-show and try to postpone to a later date and leave an opening?

Old 04-18-2008, 08:23 PM
Did you get an open spot yet? See you tomorrow.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Never got my brakes done My "friend" that was going to help me out and ordered parts for me disappeared off the face of the earth so now I need to go order everything still.

How was your track day?

Old 04-20-2008, 07:58 PM
You missed a good track day. I got continuously harassed for drifting around "ricochet." Towards the end of the day I finally started turning smooth enough to keep from getting ludicrous amounts of oversteer that turn. People keep coming up to me congratulating me on my drifting skills, as if I actually have any.

I was warned not to do "burn-outs" in the hot pits.

And a blue Z decided to take a spin in front of me whilst I was pushing him hard to let me pass, in "ricochet." He ended up stopped having never gone off track. I decided, along with the Porsche driver behind me, that we would be most safe if we hit the dirt. So I had daisy's and grasshoppers flying over my windshield. No harm done however, just a quick stop in the hot pits for the once over and back out I went.

Presumably he was looking down the track in the direction he was hoping to go. But if he had looked out his drivers side window he may have shat himself seeing I was about 5 feet away from his drivers side door. Thats a very poor corner to spin with someone so close behind. I had to keep on the gas lest I'd have been spinning right along with him. After I decided which way his car was going to go I quick jutted off track.

Would be sweet if someone had video and photos of the incident. It was rather exciting from my point of view. I won't soon forget it either.

Hope to see you next time!

Old 04-21-2008, 09:43 AM
Sounds like a great track day! I had some similar excitement my last time out with a Porsche Carrera convertible ... I had to get on the brakes hard just before going into a turn because the Porsche decided to brake last second. I ended up losing the rear end and sliding into the dirt but no harm done.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Did anyone get pictures of this event?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Spring Driver’s Education event at MotorSport Ranch on Saturday, April 19, 2008