Performance Driving Events ("Racing") in the DFW and Surrounding Areas: 2009

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by timsam
Best time at Hallett this weekend was a 1.33.88
Video didnt work for some reason, so all I have is the TraqMate data.

Needless to say...Im happy with my new ride.
Congrats on the time looks like a nice improvement
I can't wait to track my car I bet it's addictive.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:51 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I got 5th and it was my first time @ AUTOX - its more than addicting..

Old 08-17-2009, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by acidjake75
I got 5th and it was my first time @ AUTOX - its more than addicting..

Congrats Jake:

So what kinda cars where in your class and where was it? Also I just picked up my car from discount tire and picked up 4 NItto INVO's 245/45/18 all around here some pica of them check out the crazy looking tread.

Attached Thumbnails Performance Driving Events ("Racing") in the DFW and Surrounding Areas: 2009-new-tire-pics-001.jpg   Performance Driving Events ("Racing") in the DFW and Surrounding Areas: 2009-new-tire-pics-002.jpg  
Old 08-18-2009, 08:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where's that barf icon? I chunked up a set of those in a weekend. They really taught me how to drive with massive amounts of oversteer (only had them on the rear).

Originally Posted by Kirks06
Congrats Jake:

So what kinda cars where in your class and where was it? Also I just picked up my car from discount tire and picked up 4 NItto INVO's 245/45/18 all around here some pica of them check out the crazy looking tread.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:38 AM
Congrats on the time looks like a nice improvement
I can't wait to track my car I bet it's addictive.
HAHA...addictive doesnt quite explain it. My father-in-law and I call it the "go-fast" crack pipe. Always need a hit...

If we had the money...we'd be at every event. Brakes are expensive. Speaking of...GWord...how are those StopTechs?

I think the only event left Im doing this year is the December TDE event at MSR.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by GWord256
Where's that barf icon? I chunked up a set of those in a weekend. They really taught me how to drive with massive amounts of oversteer (only had them on the rear).

Ouch that bad huh I did alot of reserch and alot guys like them. I spent alot of money on them so I hope there not that bad. So what kinda tire where you using before?

Old 08-19-2009, 11:26 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Ouch that bad huh I did alot of reserch and alot guys like them. I spent alot of money on them so I hope there not that bad. So what kinda tire where you using before?
tell me you kept the other tires.. those were some GOOOD burnoff tires..

Old 08-19-2009, 12:16 PM
I didn't keep them Jake I didn't think you wanted them. I can call to see they still have them.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:08 AM
I thought I had pictures of them but I can't seem to find them. My computers are in a state of flux since I got a new one arriving in pieces this week.

Before I had RE01R After I have RE11. The RE11s are awsome for a street tire on the track but they don't last long at all. The sholder blocks started to peel away after 3 or 4 weekends. I think I have that fixed now since I got some SPC Camber Arms for the front of the G and I'm riding with alot more camber now.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by timsam

If we had the money...we'd be at every event. Brakes are expensive. Speaking of...GWord...how are those StopTechs?
There's a slight touch of knockback after I rebuilt them and put the knockback springs in. Nothing like before and nothing to worry about. They held up a TMS which is by far the toughest challenge on them going from 125 to about 40 to make the S-curve TDE sets up on the straight. I want to work on brake balance now but I don't know how you do that with a stock master cylinder.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:56 AM

Me at Motorsport Ranch this past weekend in the rain. I don't know how or if I can embed video here so you'll just have to klick. Run it to 5:50 where I gat a bit sideways :-)

I saw two other g35's there but never managed to get over to chat, sorry.

Attached Thumbnails Performance Driving Events ("Racing") in the DFW and Surrounding Areas: 2009-msr-2009-09-12-009.jpg  

Last edited by GWord256; 09-18-2009 at 09:05 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:32 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, so you still had to have your windows open? I see some extreme corrective steering wheel movements there

Close call near the 6 minute mark!

So how is MSR driven in the rain? Totally different experience?

Old 09-18-2009, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by Mad A
So how is MSR driven in the rain? Totally different experience?
MSR turns into 2 different tracks. The new part (1.3 section) and the old part (1.7 section).

The line on the 1.3 only changes such that you don't want to hit the curbbing, paint, and puddles. Other than that you drive a typical racing line.

The 1.7 is like ice on the racing line so you do everything you can to avoid it. Which means driving the outside of the corners and not even comming close to an apex.

The red Subaru Imprzza in front of me for most of the time is an instructors car. As you can see I'm able to keep with the AWD car easily (for the most part). Thus discrediting any preceived advantage AWD may have over RWD. :-P

He pulled me off to the side after the session and asked where I go my traction from on the corner before Richoet (sp?). I should have said, 'I'm not wasting my traction by putting power to the front wheels.'

Old 09-18-2009, 11:07 AM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm loving the "Stig" outfit Reminds of when I drove MSR (1.7 CCW) in heavy monsoon rain, had the drive the "wet line" all day until they actually canceled due to the excessive water on the track at big bend.

I also noticed the continued oversteer and the little save around 6 minutes.

Since you can drive solo, are you allowed to have a non-instructor passenger?

Old 09-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Makes since the 1.3 has all these elevation changes so I guess not as much sitting water as the 1.7

LoL at not wasting power to the front wheels

Originally Posted by GWord256
MSR turns into 2 different tracks. The new part (1.3 section) and the old part (1.7 section).

The line on the 1.3 only changes such that you don't want to hit the curbbing, paint, and puddles. Other than that you drive a typical racing line.

The 1.7 is like ice on the racing line so you do everything you can to avoid it. Which means driving the outside of the corners and not even comming close to an apex.

The red Subaru Imprzza in front of me for most of the time is an instructors car. As you can see I'm able to keep with the AWD car easily (for the most part). Thus discrediting any preceived advantage AWD may have over RWD. :-P

He pulled me off to the side after the session and asked where I go my traction from on the corner before Richoet (sp?). I should have said, 'I'm not wasting my traction by putting power to the front wheels.'

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Performance Driving Events ("Racing") in the DFW and Surrounding Areas: 2009