Performance Driving Events ("Racing") in the DFW and Surrounding Areas: 2009

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 11:12 AM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey trentor, looks like all the Intermediate spots were filled on the day I was trying to register for Apex on the 27th. I'm currently on the wait list to go with the Intermediate group. Hopefully something will open up!

If not, guess I'll be going in October!

Old 09-23-2008, 12:36 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BeerViper
Hey trentor, looks like all the Intermediate spots were filled on the day I was trying to register for Apex on the 27th. I'm currently on the wait list to go with the Intermediate group. Hopefully something will open up!

If not, guess I'll be going in October!
sorry to hear that. hopefully something will open up in the next couple days.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:42 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Cresson, 28th

Any of you G guys have bikes, there is a texas track day this sunday at MSR Cresson, will be perfect weather and much fun, we'll be there!

Old 09-23-2008, 03:20 PM
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by timsam
Hey twin001.
Things arent looking good for Oct 25-26 in Hallett. I completely overlooked my calendar, and I have a wedding to attend on the 25th. However, I am contemplating doing a one day on that Sunday. It'll be a LONG day, but I will keep you posted.
I don't think I will make it either. The London to Paris (Ark to Tex) Rally is on Oct 25th and our OK Z Car Club is going to try to get a large group to attend it. It's an SCCA sanctioned event, we had the largest group turnout two years ago. There's always next spring/summer for Hallett though. The OKZCC WILL DEFINATELY hold another event there next year and we'll make sure to invite all the N. Texas guys (hell, all the Texas owners for that matter).

Old 09-23-2008, 10:35 PM
I am contemplating the Hallett in October in the Evo... just have to get buy in from the wife, since every weekend from now until then has an autocross sunday (either here or in OKC).

After 4-5 autocrosses in a row (with 6-7 already this year), my tires will be completely shot... my brake pads are already > 1/2 way gone... man this is an expensive hobby... FWIW I have like 5,500 miles on the Evo

Old 09-26-2008, 01:32 PM
Woohoo! Just got a call from Apex and someone backed out of the intermediate group tomorrow so I'm in!

Old 09-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by BeerViper
Woohoo! Just got a call from Apex and someone backed out of the intermediate group tomorrow so I'm in!
nice! I'll see you out there!

Old 09-27-2008, 08:17 PM
How was the event?

My father in law was out at PST today and said a few of the cars came into PST with problems. Hope none of that was yall...

Old 09-28-2008, 03:26 PM
The event was incredible, had a great day and zero mechanical problems here! Your father in law drives the yellow Z06 right? Was he racing yesterday? There was a yellow Z on the track on our 6th run, it caught up to me when I ran into some traffic but he never really seemed to be able to push hard enough to pass..

Old 09-28-2008, 08:05 PM
He does have a Yellow Z06, but he wasnt racing. He was just getting some work done at PST.

Glad you had fun!!!

Old 10-01-2008, 04:16 PM
yeah, it was a great event. For my first track day, I was very happy to get bumped from novice to intermediate by lunch time. It was definitely nice to no longer be held up in traffic for most of the session. The last session I started out just behind BeerViper, only to never see him again. I'm not complaining though. the family car did really well...better than I expected. I hope to get back out there once I get the springs put on and see if there's much difference.

Old 10-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Pics

I just saw the pics that Hart took.

Damn BeerViper...your car looked sweet out there. On one of those pics, it looks like your front lip and mud flap are scrapin the ground!!!!

Nice!

Old 10-07-2008, 04:12 PM
Thanks timsam, it took them forever to upload those pics!

Yeah it looks like I was carving pretty hard in a couple of those shots, lol. I still hate the fact that Hart Photography cannot take pictures that show motion, every pic looks like you're sitting still!

Old 10-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Agreed. And we dont have a choice. If you want those angles, you gotta buy them from him.

Im waiting for the pics from TWS this past weekend. That was a fun weekend!

Old 10-12-2008, 10:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'VE SENT MY CHECK IN FOR THE nOV 15-16 EVENT with TDE at TWS. I'd be nice if TDE moves me up to yellow finally.

Also I've commited to going to the Equipe Rapide AutoX at Mineral Wells Nov. 8-9 (two day autox, 35$ a day!). I have my buddy down here from PA and he'll be competing against me in my own car, which will be his 1st time driving my car and it'll only now be about 3 months after he got his licence back after 5 years no driving. Should be fun.

Has anyone run with Equipe before? I wouldn't even have known about them but i saw they were doing an autox on some Miata events calander.

Probably one of the last autox events of the year and I wanted to let my friend drive my car under the conditions I set forth to all my friends, "You can only drive it if your racing it." Only my one cousin has taken me up on that offer so far driving up to Boston once to goto an autox @ NHIS and again when I came to PA for holiday.

Link

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Performance Driving Events ("Racing") in the DFW and Surrounding Areas: 2009