RiceKiller Supershow - July 9th - American Airlines Center!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
Originally Posted by ezpotato
that show was a waste of 10$, to be honest.
x2

Ive been to some small *** shows that were better than that. Total disorganization. I was under the impression that this show was gonna be top notch with all the cars that were "gonna" be attending. If I wanted to go look at stock and junk cars I woulda made a stop at some dealerships and a junkyard instead. Never seen so much concentration of ricers in one spot before. It was worse than a Friday night @ a F&F opening.

I split early cuz the gf was being a b;tch, for the lack of a better word, so we scooted at 11

Originally Posted by kricci11

G2flip4 - what is in your ash tray?? Looks cool whatever it is.
Its for my Droid X when I run GPS app. I pop open the ashtray and put my phone behind it. Still not done, have to pocket out the back for the phone to fit. THe black piece is just a filler piece for when the phone isnt in there.

On the plus side... you Houston guys have some pretty nice rides Your show setup was top notch too!

Old 07-10-2011, 01:57 PM
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Thanks - we appreciate it - the show was bad - but nice meeting soem of the DFW guys, and we can have a good time anywhere we go as a group...

here are a couple pics i took of Rob's car - thought i'd get to take more later - but no tripod and i didnt get many pics prior to dark. (some on iphone)

a few of a couple of our cars

Old 07-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It was nice meeting a few of you for the first time (both Local & Houston)

I stayed the latest I think because most of the people I invited showed up after 10pm. Problem with the show portion is that they were making announcements that nobody would be able to hear from where we were all parked. I eventually saw two people walking around with clipboards and flashlights. They asked me if I was showing my car, and I said what's the point? I then added that they needed to get their crap together as I'm sure they'll see a lot of negativity from the whole ordeal.

I hope to see everyone else under better circumstances next time around

Old 07-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
So did anyone win a trophy?

Old 07-10-2011, 04:18 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
talking about the 504 chargers and magnums? all with the halo headlight mod?

Old 07-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts
That would be the dfwlx club im sure. Im sure they were also all previous rental vehicles lol. Rkc has turned to rice basically since they hold meets near the ghetto

Old 07-10-2011, 04:28 PM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
very bad experience for me with that having been the first car show i have ever been to

Old 07-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I always see crap at the RKC meets. Like that one that died as it was being towed in. I thought they were supposed to be strict about not letting rice in. And all the douches at the exit trying to encourage people to get on it while leaving. Seriously? We had to leave before the cops were called.

Nice time afterwards Tony.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Well, not that I have ANYTHING to do with the success of a Rice Killer meet - I do feel bad that the whole thing was a huge bust. I have to agree with the sentiments of everyone else - that was hyped up to be waaaay more than what it actually was. Organization was non-existant and the show overall was a joke. I apologize to everyone.

On the flip side, it was great to see some of the Houston G's. Hopefully the next show that we are all at will be a hell of a lot better (not that it would take much to make it so).

Old 07-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yea pretty upsetting I was super excited all week and then it failed

Old 07-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I just read a REALLY long note by Jared on Facebook - sounds like there was even more fail than we realized. A lot of blaming and finger-pointing is going on. At the end of the day, the ball was dropped by everyone involved in my opinion.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by G2FLIP4
So did anyone win a trophy?
- two guys with us won trophies - not exactly sure for what - they told us Ian - white G37 coupe won best infiniti, but heard that the suicide door (singular) G35 coupe won best infiniti... also had the white G37 sedan won best interior or something...

Originally Posted by ezpotato
talking about the 504 chargers and magnums? all with the halo headlight mod?
yes - i think that is the first mod you HAVE to do when buying those cars - if you stare at the lights long enough you get hypnotized into buying american..

Originally Posted by Jackus
That would be the dfwlx club im sure.
it was - they will be having a feature in audio performance and sound magazine... can't wait.

Originally Posted by JaE35
very bad experience for me with that having been the first car show i have ever been to
It was more like a meet than a show... shows are better organized typically. the mod sheet paper was about the size of a fortune cookie. ridiculous.

Originally Posted by Heat
And all the douches at the exit trying to encourage people to get on it while leaving. Seriously? We had to leave before the cops were called.
yep.

Originally Posted by VicariousVision
I have to agree with the sentiments of everyone else - that was hyped up to be waaaay more than what it actually was. Organization was non-existant and the show overall was a joke. I apologize to everyone.

On the flip side, it was great to see some of the Houston G's. Hopefully the next show that we are all at will be a hell of a lot better (not that it would take much to make it so).
yep - bummer... i think we are still planning to come back for the drift event at the end of Sept... hopefully. This show has left a bad taste in everyone's mouth... hell i drove all the way from New Orleans for this show. I'll be back in Houston by then so even if the next show sucks, its only a 4 hour drive instead of 8 hours!!

Originally Posted by Platelock
Yea pretty upsetting I was super excited all week and then it failed
I was pumped when i saw how many cars were there, but then i started walking around and my excitement quickly disapated. Platelock - car looked good from the 5 minutes i saw it!

We should've just had our own DFW/Houston meet - would've had alot more fun i think!!!

Old 07-10-2011, 07:45 PM
So while the strictly Gs were rolling out one of the judges came up to me and was like " U won first place in best infiniti but we lost the first place trophy, give me ur info and we will contact u once we find it". Then the dude hands me a second place trophy and I'm like wtf....so idk guys

Old 07-10-2011, 07:48 PM
LOL - that sums it up!

Congrats!!

Old 07-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Thanks I think lol still confused about how everything went down......I know the white G got best interior I didn't know u guys got another award cuz after I talked to Son yal bounced

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RiceKiller Supershow - July 9th - American Airlines Center!