RiceKiller Supershow - July 9th - American Airlines Center!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 01:36 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
steven has always been a stand up guy... i think the organizers of this event were in over there heads with a lot of things... i think it was a bad decision to do it in such a pricey place, and also get involved with a pricey hotel as your first event... this will def hurt the credibility dept, and i will wait till some kind of response is posted from what i consider an otherwise solid guy.

there could have been many factors that led to the event getting out of control, but i think the thug looking teenagers at the front who didnt know what the hell they were doing as they let people in didnt help at all.

but i wont get into a banter, just unfortunate that this happened to all party's involved, inc me, who made my way out there with a splitting headache, and decided 30-40 mins into it that this was not gonna get any better and hauled outta there.

oh well, at lease i got to auto-x yesterday.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry i'm not on here much as of late... but I will say this...

B.S. and Cluster Eff....that's all I can say after a 4hr ride home and I'm still pretty livid.

I will say however that it was great meeting some of the DFW guys (Tony, John, and AT) hope to do a meet again but not like how it was this past weekend,.

SG'Z will NOT have anything to do with IP, RKC...nuff said...I want my weekend back...

Ryan

Last edited by Infinite1; 07-11-2011 at 01:42 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:40 AM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
The show was a joke, and 110% waste of money to drive there

but it was good seeing some of the DFW G's

Old 07-11-2011, 01:44 AM
Received 111 Likes on 98 Posts
Sounds like fun. Too bad i missed it all. lol

Old 07-11-2011, 01:45 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
stephen, the show was only a fail cause you didnt show up.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:51 AM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Old 07-11-2011, 01:56 AM
Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Nice meeting tony evryone else was else where...dfw Gs look nice! I have to say I agree with everyone and just say I was very disappointed...hope the money gets to the kiddos bcuz that's the only good thing that came out of the damn show.

Old 07-11-2011, 02:02 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ezpotato
steven has always been a stand up guy... i think the organizers of this event were in over there heads with a lot of things... i think it was a bad decision to do it in such a pricey place, and also get involved with a pricey hotel as your first event... this will def hurt the credibility dept, and i will wait till some kind of response is posted from what i consider an otherwise solid guy.
I think you nailed it on the head.... They were in waaaay over their heads. The same meet last year was teetering on chaos, and it sounds like this one was a lot bigger. I had a good time hanging out with the G crew last year, but the show itself was disorganized as hell. I was a little pissed at the way they had things setup and the whole VIP idea (me and Hound ended up off by ourselves), so I passed on this year's show.

Both Stephen (or someone from IP) and Jared posted extensively in the Facebook post about what went wrong and right. It really sounds like some people had a good time, but no one that was there for a show did. In the end, they need to keep it simple and stick to the meets. The fact is, when you advertise something as a "show", people expect certain things. In this case, they didn't deliver on that aspect, along with no port-a-potties and the hotel/after party deal.

Old 07-11-2011, 02:09 AM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by mysterymann
LoL on the comment: "I will stick to CCM"

Old 07-11-2011, 03:37 AM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
I need a go-pro camera or something so I don't have to keep using my phone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1UfA...embedded#at=14

Old 07-11-2011, 04:05 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 155 Likes on 116 Posts
Originally Posted by G_VQ3577
Nice meeting tony evryone else was else where...dfw Gs look nice! I have to say I agree with everyone and just say I was very disappointed...hope the money gets to the kiddos bcuz that's the only good thing that came out of the damn show.
Definitely had a blast finally getting a chance to meet you guys in person.. It was getting bad talking to Son daily and you guys so much over Gears of War, I thought I was going schizophrenic thinking maybe I conjured you up from my imagination.. LMAO..

I DEFINITELY hope to see ya'll at XDC in Sept..

Loren, Wheels look good on your car...

Son, where was Josh and Kevin in the vid?

Old 07-11-2011, 04:07 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
i dont post much but when i do its not long... lol

it was good meeting some of you DFW drivers and with that seeing some G's that ive only seen pics of and getting 3 turkey legs for $5 was the only good thing that happened at the "show". Son pretty much summed it up and just looking forward to the next show we attend to make us forget about this whole event...

Old 07-11-2011, 04:38 AM
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
it sucks yall had such a shiddy time. hopefully baytown will be better.

Jason...you seriously need tint on your car son!!

Old 07-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
yeah i may get to meet you guys this time! and maybe i wont have a crooked intercooler. ha
I was hoping to bust your ***** about that!

Son hit the nail on the head... not much more to say.

Originally Posted by twalls
Son, where was Josh and Kevin in the vid?
I left on Sunday morning at 7:45 - had to drive back to New Orleans and these fools were still all passed out!

Last edited by GeezNuts; 07-11-2011 at 08:09 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:17 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
steven has always been a stand up guy. this will def hurt the credibility dept, and i will wait till some kind of response is posted from what i consider an otherwise solid guy.
Unfortunately, he has ruined that department for me. I will no longer support his endeavors and I will inform my friends not to get caught up with IP if they are approached by them.

For me, it is more of a personal issue. Be a man of your word and follow through with what you advertise / tell your consumer, especially the ones you consider your "good friends." And especially the ones that were willing to support your company / events and spread the word about it.

I don't want an apology or an explanation from IP, Stephen, Megan or anyone else associated with them. Same applies with RKC. I want nothing to do with either of them. I've made my choice to not support either and unlike them, I am a man of my word.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RiceKiller Supershow - July 9th - American Airlines Center!