RiceKiller Supershow - July 9th - American Airlines Center!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Dude... Like I said it was effin rtarded... They came up to us shortly before we left and gave Ian his best Infiniti trophy lol

Old 07-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lol wow well it should say what place he got might need a microscope cuz of how small the awards are lol but it is what it is I'm just glad I got to meet and hang out with u guys, definitely inspiring me to step it up

Old 07-10-2011, 11:41 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
hmmm... a houston and dfw g/z meet.... sounds intersting...

or maybe a austin, San antonio, houston dfw quad meet.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:42 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Well I'll sum my experience and some insight on the absolute worst event that I've ever participated in. With the exception of finally meeting Tony and Brit, and being able to chat briefly with Blake and Rob, the trip was a complete utter waste of time, effort, and money. Hang tight, this is about to be really fkn long.

I do understand that it does take a lot of effort, planning, and volunteers to host an event, especially one of this caliber. I am grateful to the staff for taking the time to try and do something for the scene and trying to make it a big one. However, despite the effort, it still doesn't change the way I feel about the event. I'll begin now.

Broken promises from Imported Performance who really pushed for us to come up from Houston and wanted our support was a HUGE factor in our terrible experience with this event.

That's more of a personal issue, but I will move on to the RKC event.

Charity money. I, for one, was unaware that the money being collected was going to charity. I just now realized that it does indeed say so at the bottom of the flyer, but this is besides the point. RKC claims that if we think that the show was a joke, than apparently we also think donating money for crippled children is a joke.

First, don't use the children as a scape goat to defend your actions for hosting a highly disorganized event that angered a lot of people, especially those that drove from out of town. I spoke to someone who said they drove out as far as Louisiana (no, not just you Kevin).

Second, regardless of where the money is going and or being donated to, it still doesn't affect the overall experience for the event nor how the event is run.

So basically, by summing up their reply of, "If the show is a joke, then donating money to a children's hospital is a joke," then throwing a mediocre event is absolutely okay since the money is going to charity. Sorry, I completely disagree and find that this is only an excuse to try and defend your failure.

Honestly, if RKC / Imported Performance felt that donating money to a children's hospital was really that important, then hosting a show at the AAC was probably not the most cost effective way of doing it. There are better alternatives out there for donation of money... maybe perhaps emailing leaders / members of other groups asking for a donation that can be PayPal'ed or handed to them in person and moving from there? Maybe pool up the names of all the major Team's that donated, get a big ole fashioned check with the money amount, plaster the Team logos on there and do a photoshoot? A big check costs $129 and I'm sure it's not that much more expensive to toss Team logos on there. But nope, instead, they wanted to promote a "show" as the main aspect and donation to the children's hospital second, but only turn around and say that the donation is the most important thing there at the show. Sorry, advertisement on your flyer speaks differently.

If Imported Performance wanted our Team's $10 per person donation that badly, they could have just emailed our leaders and asked for it and I'm sure none of us would have said no to it. No, instead they asked us to take the time to drive out to the event they were helping sponsoring. So let's do some math.

$60 for gas for the trip North. $159 for a hotel room. $10 per person at the gate. Let's say average of $60 for food and drinks while we're there for a day. And another $60 for the trip South.

So essentially, we spent over $300 for a donation of $10 for the children's hospital, where that $300 per person could have easily just went to the hospital... that is if it was THAT important and critical.

Judging. our Team was under the impression that we were headed to an event with awards afterward, especially with that absolute long list of awards that was posted in the Texas thread. So, for the past few weeks we all prepped for a show with the intention of friendly competition against other Teams and the DFW G's.

Judging was absolutely terrible, especially with the amount of cars that were at the event. Highly disorganized and unprepared for the amount of cars that were going to be there.

First off, judging began way too late, especially with the amount of people that showed up in that big lot. If the event started at 8:00 PM and knowing that the front lot would already be full by then, why not start judging right at 8:00 with most of the cars having established their spots and then work your way back? No, instead, judging began at around 9:45 when the sky was pitch black so that judges were forced to use flash lights the size of a Japanese dude's *****. Wtf are you going to be able to see with that?

Second, the sheet to fill out your registration / mod sheet / car info was the size of a fortune cookie (I'll use your example, Kevin) and was to be placed on the dash board. How in the world are you going to fit EVERYTHING you have on your car on that little piece of paper and also, how are judges going to be able to see that sheet in the dark with their little flashlights, not to mention see the actual modifications on your car at night? I do believe Tony was asked three times if his car was in the event and when he stated yes, judges took a quick 10 second glance and walked away. That's Tony's car too! And I'm sure at night, they're also not able to appreciate the color of Rob's car nor the shine of G2Flip (however you spell your username) and the hours he probably spent detailing that damn car to not have one swirl mark on the thing. Come on people, have some respect for those that took effort to pretty up their cars and do a presentation because they have pride in the blood, sweat, and tears that has been put into their cars.

Awards. Kevin summed it right up. It just seemed like that they had a handful of awards and then just threw them over their shoulder once everything was said and done. RKC said that awards were difficult to hand out since many cars had started leaving and I can understand that situation. But at the same time, what do you expect? Judging for vehicles began way late and by that time, people are getting frustrated and they're ready to leave. So why would they stick around? Especially when judges are passing them up. I saw a few NSX's get completely overlooked and ignored by the Imported Performance judges and the owners immediately leaving afterward. Who can blame them?

This tapping on the shoulder thing of, "Oh you won this," is a **** poor way of handing out awards and it brings the owners down who actually go there with an effort to try and win something. Part of the glory is robbed from the winner when they aren't presented an award for all to see. And the RKC DJ even said that to the winner of Best in Show, which was the 16NiSS Honda Fit. "There were many cars that would have won this award, but many of them left already. But there is still one here that is able to get the award."

So essentially, according to RKC, the Fit wasn't the absolute best car there but he only got the award for still being one of the cars that decided to stay for the entire event. What kind of way of presenting an award is that? The owner seemed like a really nice guy and probably didn't even think twice about it. His car was indeed awesome, but at the same time his accomplishment was downplayed by that little speech.

After party. The reason why us out-of-towners got the hotel at the W was because of the after party flyer that we received from Imported Performance. We all went there with the intention of attending, kicking back, and having a great time at the event in Dallas. However, we were told the party was cancelled due to the hotel staff not approving of the party. Well, if hotel staff didn't approve of the party beforehand, why create a flyer that advertises an after party?

I'll tell you why. It was created to draw people to go and stay at the W and again, is a broken promise and false advertisement to those that attended. Even DFW LX members who got rooms at the hotel specifically for the after party were screwed out of their money since the party was "cancelled." There was no party to begin with nor was there any intention of even throwing one. Imported Performance couldn't fit their quota of at least 70 room reservations initially, so instead of eating up the cost of brokering that deal with the hotel, they created an "after party" to try and cover their remaining quota's so they wouldn't eat too much cost.

Good strategy? Yes it is, I'll hand it to you on that one. You sure had us all fooled. Ethical? You bet your a$$ it isn't.

So in all, with the exception of the aforementioned about meeting some DFW guys, complete utter waste of my time. I cannot speak for the rest of my Team, I'll let them say it for themselves if they want to, but I will never ever attend or support an event hosted by RKC or Imported Performance. I will also take it upon myself to inform my friends in the scene to not support them either, for it will be a complete waste of time and money when their money could easily be used for something else.

Sorry Megan, you're a cool person, but I have to tell you the truth. Your company sucks major goat and I'll be tearing off that Imported Performance decal (with utmost disdain, I might add) that I spent my own money to get made to support your cause.

I, and I alone, accept full responsibility for this post and voicing my opinion. My opinion does not reflect the opinion of the Strictly G's nor is this post intended to do so. Other members of Strictly G's have their own opinion and I will let them speak for themselves if they want to.

Last edited by XiN; 07-11-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:04 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
^damn

Sorry you had to drive all the way up here for that man...I read everything

Old 07-11-2011, 12:08 AM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Well Said!!!

Old 07-11-2011, 12:24 AM
it's a shame this is gonna reflect on stephen... real stand up guy, too, but i guess we'll wait and see.

i am glad i left at 730...

Old 07-11-2011, 12:24 AM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Itasha Coupe
Strictly G's will be back in Dallas again though, but definitely not for an RKC / Imported Performance event.

We'll be there for XDC in September, so we hope to see you guys again.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:35 AM
yeah i may get to meet you guys this time! and maybe i wont have a crooked intercooler. ha

Old 07-11-2011, 12:38 AM
Received 290 Likes on 218 Posts
HOOLLLLLLYYYYYYYY JEEEEEEZZZZZ....I was just telling wifey that we could have attended this event yesterday and was bummed that I sat around playing video games lulz. Man I read every word and sentence in your rant and hear what you are saying. I wish I could have had a chance to kick it with you or buy you a beer. You offered to inspect a vehicle when I was looking at purchasing G35. I promise you this that word of mouth is your best friend and this will be heard community wide. It sucks the amount of money that was poured away for a event that was slapped together by 11 and 12 year olds. I hope to see you for the WEK fest and that should slap the shi* out of this event in comparison. Everyone step your game up and show up for WEK FEST and lets pound those beers and enjoy our awards. (Me...I have nothing to compete so I shall just enjoy a quality show and experience)

https://g35driver.com/forums/events/...rd-2011-a.html

Old 07-11-2011, 12:54 AM
Received 54 Likes on 53 Posts
Dang son, I read your whole post..really sucks that guys drove up here just for that..looking forward to meeting you when you guys come up again

Old 07-11-2011, 01:19 AM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Itasha Coupe
Originally Posted by almost3flips
Sorry you had to drive all the way up here for that man...I read everything
Thanks for the words, but you shouldn't need to apologize. It wasn't your fault. Kevin is right though, we should have just had a G meet in DFW with you guys instead. Probably be a lot more fun.

Originally Posted by ezpotato
yeah i may get to meet you guys this time! and maybe i wont have a crooked intercooler. ha
Haha, I'll be looking forward to your straight intercooler at XDC!

Originally Posted by faiz23
You offered to inspect a vehicle when I was looking at purchasing G35. I promise you this that word of mouth is your best friend and this will be heard community wide. It sucks the amount of money that was poured away for a event that was slapped together by 11 and 12 year olds. I hope to see you for the WEK fest and that should slap the shi* out of this event in comparison.
Hey we all gotta help each other out.

You're right, it will spread and they'll see. I don't want them to fail as a venue, but I just want them to realize the severity of their failure (that even a legitimate statement?).

And unfortunately, Strictly G's won't be at Wek Fest in Dallas. I've already spoken to Tony about it. IFO is in Baytown the same day and we plan on supporting IFO instead.

We look at it this way, there already aren't a whole lot of shows that come to Houston. Most of the big names go to Dallas since the venues are better and you get more support from the scene. But as a resident of Houston, we want to support that shows that come locally here because if we don't, they'll stop coming back.

Originally Posted by Deemo
Dang son, I read your whole post..really sucks that guys drove up here just for that..looking forward to meeting you when you guys come up again

Thanks Deemo. I would have loved to meet you and see that new sexy a$$ you got on the car, but with the circumstances I'm actually glad you didn't waste your time.

Hopefully we'll see you at XDC in September though.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:24 AM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Itasha Coupe
And I'm going to air all this out too, since I'm on a roll.

But these are the empty promises by Stephen from Imported Performance that was posted on our forum. A reason why I came up with some of the theories about the hotel when I originally posted.

$10 per person gets you into the show. We have a spectator lot and a show lot, we will direct you to the correct lot, just tell us at the door if you want to show or not.

Spread the word on the rooms! I went out on a limb getting the W lol I have to fill at least 80 rooms or I am in deep!!
GUYS!! I need a HUGE favor! Invite EVERYONE you know! To get into the party you need to have at least 1 person with a room key! The party alone is going to be worth the room! Spread the word to EVERYONE you know. Also, if you have a facebook, please invite everyone on your friends list to the event! Spread the word to any and all forums that you can!

Thank you guys. I have all of my eggs in this basket.

-Stephen
And then Josh asked this question:
Stephen where are the judges going to be from?
Replied by Stephen with:
Some are shop owners and some are enthusiasts (Part of the reason why we separated the shop cars and the public cars)
Josh replies:
And we will be parked by the shop cars, right?
And Stephen replies:
Yes, by the IP Tent anyways.

Ask anyone who was there... where were we parked at?

Old 07-11-2011, 01:26 AM
Received 136 Likes on 62 Posts
well said son. kinda glad I got out early so I didn't have to deal with the disappointing. I saw the "show" failing when the judges came to talk to me and asked me where my paper was? I had no idea I needed a little piece of paper, and what's the point anyways. apparently since the judging began at 9:30 the only thing that mattered was how many LED's you had on your car because that's all they could see.

I feel bad that you guys made the trek up here only to leave with a bad taste in your mouth, XDC should make up for this... it was a pretty good event last year.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:27 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I am sorry to hear how things went. The Ricekiller meets/shows have always been a mixed bag, so I decided to pass this time. They always have a great turnout (kudos), but seem to miss on execution. I can't imagine the effort that went into planning this, but I have to say the excuses posted by the organizers were pretty lame. I'll leave it at that, and hope that the next show everyone makes it to DFW for is much better....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RiceKiller Supershow - July 9th - American Airlines Center!