The EX - Spot For General Discussion of The EX Crossover

EX35 Pricing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 09:33 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bruddahmanmatt
What's your point? You're upper east coast. On the flipside, we NEVER order AWD models here in the 808. Obviously up North things will be different, but when all the numbers are thrown together, RWD models will almost certainly outsell AWD models.

As for the 5 fully loaded pre-orders, that makes perfect sense. The people following the car want every bell and whistle. Pre-release pre-orders tend to be made by folks who want the latest fad or trend right here and right now. That means they typically want every option and are willing to pay full retail for it. No surprise there.

As for there being a lack of folks who order base models, I never said the majority of people would order base models, just that a handful of people will likely opt for one. Still, I know for a fact we'll sell more Journey's devoid of options than we will base models, but the poster I was responding to seemed to think that the majority of folks in the market for an EX are looking for fully decked out rides which IMO is totally not the case.
Ehh, maybe in your location (HI) you may be right. But in the other 95% of the market, people will not want "Base Models". Well, anyway, lets see how they sell, and what mostly gets purchased.

Old 11-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05Scoobyroo
Ehh, maybe in your location (HI) you may be right. But in the other 95% of the market, people will not want "Base Models". Well, anyway, lets see how they sell, and what mostly gets purchased.
Don't worry, when they hit our lots first (being closer to Japan we tend to get our shipments well ahead of everyone else), I'll be sure to ***** out the pictures to you guys just as I did with the '08 M.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:27 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
I think sales numbers on the different packages will all come down to the geographical area. I would bet my paycheck that the vast majority of EX buyers will opt for AWD in Canada. I personally couldn't imagine buying an SUV/CUV without AWD. Either way, I think the EX will be a hit for Infiniti.

Old 11-20-2007, 04:14 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
For the people who said most people won't want the Lux Elite package.... you guys obviously havn't seen or sat inside an EX in person. I would love to pay extra to have my G35 Coupe with upgraded leather interior. Hell I'll give Infiniti $5000 if they can cramp all that EX technology into my 5yr old G35 Coupe.

on a side note: I sat inside the EX and played around with the inteior for an hour at the LA Autoshow. I must say the EX is pretty useless as a SUV, I think the G35 sedan trunk is more useful than the EX trunk. The backseats might have less room than a regular G35 sedan, at best it's the same. If you want to go pick up 2 people from the airport - the EX is NOT the car for you. If you need to pick up your 47" LCD TV from CostCo - the EX is NOT the car for you. In fact, if you have people in the EX, the trunk is barely big enough to fit ONE large suitcase. The EX is most definitely NOT a SUV, it's barely big enough to be called a wagon.

Ironicly I am digging the styling of the EX35 > G35 > G37 Coupe at this point. A note to Infiniti..... a coupe is supposed to look more aggressive than the sedan, which is supposed to look better than the wagon version. I really wish they swaped the headlight from the EX to the G37 Coupe.... and take the taillights from the G35 sedan and put them on the coupe.

We were planning on getting a fully loaded EX35, but after seeing how tiny and useless the trunk is, we have to reconsider our compact SUV choice. The Acura RDX definitely has more room in the back, I just don't know if the 2L Turbo will have enough punch to carry 4 people and luggage.

Last edited by Sukairain; 11-20-2007 at 04:20 AM.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm getting nervous! LOL I've been waiting for this car all year. Between the two forums I frequent, most regular posters who finally see the car decide to buy with something else. I'm starting to think this car may be a dud and you'll be able to buy them near invoice by summer.

Old 11-20-2007, 12:31 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
I think sales numbers on the different packages will all come down to the geographical area. I would bet my paycheck that the vast majority of EX buyers will opt for AWD in Canada. I personally couldn't imagine buying an SUV/CUV without AWD. Either way, I think the EX will be a hit for Infiniti.
Pretty safe bet IMO.
I wouldn't even *think* about 2WD

Old 11-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Pretty much a given, which is why I said I tried to take other markets into consideration when posting my estimates. Just as AWD is virtually a no brainer up North (well...except for you who went and got a Sport ), AWD is a non-issue where it never snows.

Old 11-20-2007, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by Sukairain
For the people who said most people won't want the Lux Elite package.... you guys obviously havn't seen or sat inside an EX in person. I would love to pay extra to have my G35 Coupe with upgraded leather interior. Hell I'll give Infiniti $5000 if they can cramp all that EX technology into my 5yr old G35 Coupe.

on a side note: I sat inside the EX and played around with the inteior for an hour at the LA Autoshow. I must say the EX is pretty useless as a SUV, I think the G35 sedan trunk is more useful than the EX trunk. The backseats might have less room than a regular G35 sedan, at best it's the same. If you want to go pick up 2 people from the airport - the EX is NOT the car for you. If you need to pick up your 47" LCD TV from CostCo - the EX is NOT the car for you. In fact, if you have people in the EX, the trunk is barely big enough to fit ONE large suitcase. The EX is most definitely NOT a SUV, it's barely big enough to be called a wagon.

Ironicly I am digging the styling of the EX35 > G35 > G37 Coupe at this point. A note to Infiniti..... a coupe is supposed to look more aggressive than the sedan, which is supposed to look better than the wagon version. I really wish they swaped the headlight from the EX to the G37 Coupe.... and take the taillights from the G35 sedan and put them on the coupe.

We were planning on getting a fully loaded EX35, but after seeing how tiny and useless the trunk is, we have to reconsider our compact SUV choice. The Acura RDX definitely has more room in the back, I just don't know if the 2L Turbo will have enough punch to carry 4 people and luggage.
That useless trunk issue may cross-out Infiniti as an option for us. My fiance thinks the FX is to big for her, but that may be the best choice, or its off to Acura we go.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by 05Scoobyroo
That useless trunk issue may cross-out Infiniti as an option for us. My fiance thinks the FX is to big for her, but that may be the best choice, or its off to Acura we go.

My wife and I went to the Tampa auto show just to look at the EX35. The car was locked, and they were not letting anyone in so I never had a chance to actually is sit in the car.

However, one look at it as we walked up and we were shocked at how small the damn thing is. The trunk is definately useless. It's really strange, as I'm not quite sure what market they are trying to hit with this vehicle. As a previous member said, the trunk is too small to do much of anything with it, and the backseat is really tiny too. We decided to purchase the G35 sedan instead.

Old 11-25-2007, 12:15 AM
Originally Posted by wysguymd
I'm getting nervous! LOL I've been waiting for this car all year. Between the two forums I frequent, most regular posters who finally see the car decide to buy with something else. I'm starting to think this car may be a dud and you'll be able to buy them near invoice by summer.
No one's had a success with an SUV that's low on utility even if it's high on sport. The FX has hardly been a strong seller, it's kind of surprising that they'd go with the same formula a second time.

Sure, I'm personally all for this trade--currently I cart three kids around in a Protege5--but I know I'm in a small minority.

Old 11-25-2007, 03:06 AM
Originally Posted by mkaresh
No one's had a success with an SUV that's low on utility even if it's high on sport. The FX has hardly been a strong seller, it's kind of surprising that they'd go with the same formula a second time.

Sure, I'm personally all for this trade--currently I cart three kids around in a Protege5--but I know I'm in a small minority.
Hardly been a strong seller? Infiniti has consistently shifted more FXs than it has G Coupes over the past 6 years. I think you need to check your facts. It's only in the last two years that FX sales figures have waned. And when you think about it, it's kind of expected. The FX is long overdue for an overhaul after being on the market for 6 model years and the EX is just over the horizon. And even with the odds stacked against it, Infiniti is still poised to shift about 17,000-18,000 units before the end of the year. Consider that this is one of the FXs worst years and that the model is nearing the end of its life cycle and 18,000 units doesn't look too shabby. Also consider that in it's best years, Infiniti only shifted about 21,000 QX4s whereas when the FX first hit the scene, Infiniti was moving about 30,000 units a year.

Not a strong seller huh?

To me, I do wish Infiniti built a bit more practicality into the EX. They don't have the brand image say BMW does which allows BMW to take risks with obnoxiously impractical vehicles such as the upcoming X6, but I still think the EX will be a fairly good seller.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Even 30k units is weak compared to the Acura MDX or Lexus RX. Chrysler is killing the Pacifica because they can sell only about 60k/year.

Comparing it to the coupe doesn't mean much. Coupe sales in general are so weak that Acura and Lexus don't even bother to offer a coupe to compete with the G37.

Last edited by mkaresh; 11-25-2007 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:27 AM
Originally Posted by Serbonze
My wife and I went to the Tampa auto show just to look at the EX35. The car was locked, and they were not letting anyone in so I never had a chance to actually is sit in the car.

However, one look at it as we walked up and we were shocked at how small the damn thing is. The trunk is definately useless. It's really strange, as I'm not quite sure what market they are trying to hit with this vehicle. As a previous member said, the trunk is too small to do much of anything with it, and the backseat is really tiny too. We decided to purchase the G35 sedan instead.
Damn. Is the lack of space that bad? ****e. I was planning on putting a deposit on it in the next couple of weeks but now I rather see it in person before I finalize my decision.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by uber-oakley
Damn. Is the lack of space that bad? ****e. I was planning on putting a deposit on it in the next couple of weeks but now I rather see it in person before I finalize my decision.
Putting a deposit down won't hurt because it is refundable. But I think you will be really surprised by the lack of room.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by bruddahmanmatt
Pretty much a given, which is why I said I tried to take other markets into consideration when posting my estimates. Just as AWD is virtually a no brainer up North (well...except for you who went and got a Sport ), AWD is a non-issue where it never snows.
Correct, but looking at nationwide numbers, I bet 2WD to AWD is >2:1.

Sales CYTD:
G- 45,133
FX- 16,890

Is there a way to find out the breakdown between 2WD and AWD in the above numbers like BMW's reported sales below? BMW makes it easier to compare.

BMW 2007:
335i- 12,215
335xi- 3,181
328i- 38,769
328xi- 16,607
325i- 2,026
325xi- 136

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EX35 Pricing