The EX - Spot For General Discussion of The EX Crossover

EX35 Pricing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EX35 Pricing

Infiniti Announces Pricing on 2008 EX Luxury Crossover [Nov. 15, 07]

LOS ANGELES (Nov. 15, 2007) – Infiniti announced pricing on the all-new 2008 EX35 personal luxury crossover SUV today at the 2007 Los Angeles International Auto Show. The Infiniti EX35, which goes on sale at Infiniti retailers nationwide on December 21, 2007, offers an exceptional combination of seductive design, elegant interior and advanced technology systems – including the debut of the available Around View Monitor (AVM) system, which utilizes four small cameras to give the driver a “top-down view” of the outside of the vehicle while parking.

The new EX also becomes the second Infiniti production vehicle, following the fall introduction of the 2008 Infiniti M, to offer the new Lane Departure Prevention (LDP) system, and the first to feature “Scratch Shield,” a special “self-healing” clear coat designed to maintain its gloss level over time and keep the EX looking new.

The 2008 EX is available in four models – EX35 RWD (rear-wheel drive), EX35 RWD Journey, EX35 AWD (all-wheel drive) and EX35 AWD Journey. The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) pricing of each model is:
• $31,300 for the EX RWD
• $34,850 for the EX RWD Journey
• $32,700 for the EX AWD with ATTESA E-TS intelligent all-wheel drive system
• $36,250 for the EX AWD Journey

The Infiniti EX’s sculpted elegance expresses a timeless appeal – sleek lines that portray speed, grace and finesse, with the look and feel of a luxury coupe and an SUV’s interior flexibility.

EX was also conceived to offer a reinvigorating and engaging interior environment, one that is both indulgent and inspiring, with room for four passengers, as well as three golf bags in the cargo area with the rear seat in the upright position.

All 2008 EX models offer a long list of standard equipment, including a 297-horsepower 3.5-liter DOHC V6 engine, 5-speed automatic transmission with Manual Shift Mode and Drive Sport Mode (DSM), assisted by Downshift Rev Matching (DRM) and Adaptive Shift Control (ASC), Infiniti Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition and XM® Satellite Radio (XM® subscription required, sold separately), 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels, aluminum interior trim, 7-inch color monitor display, 8-way power driver’s seat and more.

EX35 Journey models add power slide/tilt moonroof with one-touch activation, front and rear leather-appointed seating surfaces, an industry-leading power-folding second row seat, auto-dimming inside mirror with electronic compass, HomeLink® Universal Transceiver, front and rear sonar system and auto on/off headlights.

Available industry-leading EX35 technology features include the Around View Monitor (AVM) system, Lane Departure Prevention (LDP) system, RearView Monitor, Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) and Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC). For audiophiles, EX offers an available 11-speaker Bose® Premium Audio System with Burr-Brown 24-bit DAC, two subwoofers, 6CD in-dash changer and iPod® connectivity. Also available is an advanced voice-activated, touch-screen Infiniti Navigation System featuring available XM® NavTraffic™ with real-time traffic information (requires active XM® subscription after free 3 month free trial subscription), which includes a 9.3GB Music Box hard drive for digital music storage and playback.

2008 EX35 equipment packages include the Premium Package ($2,150); Luxe Elite Package ($1,650); Navigation Package ($2,150); Technology Package ($1,950); and Luxe Style Package ($1,250). Also offered is maple wood trim ($450) and roof rails ($200).

“Infiniti customers have created a need for a vehicle like EX personal luxury crossover – they want the style and performance of a coupe, but need more utility, with the luxury of a sports sedan and the versatility of an SUV, all in a size that makes for easy maneuverability,” said Mark Igo, vice president and general manager, Infiniti Division, Nissan North America, Inc. “The EX blends all the best attributes of each segment to create a perfect vehicle that appeals to men and women of all ages and family sizes.”

Infiniti offers a full-line of luxury performance automobiles, including the G sports coupe and sedan, the M luxury performance sedan, FX premium crossover SUV, QX full-size luxury SUV, and the EX personal luxury crossover, which goes on sale in December. More information about Infiniti and its total ownership experience can be found at www.Infiniti.com.

# # #

*** For vehicles sold in CT, available Around View Monitor is only operable while the vehicle is in reverse. The available Around View Monitor is a parking aid and cannot completely eliminate blind spots or warn of moving objects. Always check your surroundings before moving the vehicle.

MODEL MSRP
EX RWD $31,300
EX RWD Journey $34,850
EX AWD $32,700
EX AWD Journey $36,250

OPTIONS MSRP

Premium Package: 11-speaker Bose® premium audio system w/ 24-bit Burr Brown Digital Audio Converter, 6-disc changer Infiniti Interface System for iPod; Dual Zone Automatic Temperature Control; heated front seats and rear HVAC vent; heated outside mirrors w/ reverse tilt-down feature; Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System; memory system for driver’s seat, steering wheel and outside mirrors with synchronization; 8-way power passenger’s seat, 4-way power front seat lumbar support; and power tilt/telescoping steering column: $2,150

Luxe Elite Package: Upgraded leather appointments on, armrest, door and textured leather seat inserts; 18-inch aluminum wheels and 255/55R18 all-season tires; Bi-Xenon auto-leveling front headlights; Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS): $1,650

Navigation Package: Infiniti hard drive-based Navigation, voice recognition for HVAC, audio and navigation, XM® NavTraffic with real-time traffic information; 9.3-gigabyte Music Box hard drive for mp3 storage, compact flash drive slot; single in-dash CD; RearView Monitor: $2,150

Technology Package: Around View Monitor (AVM); Lane Departure Prevention System (LDP); Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC): $1,950

Luxe Style Package: 18-inch aluminum wheels and 255/55R18 all-season tires; Bi-Xenon auto-leveling front headlights; Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS): $1,250

Wood Trim: Maple wood trim on center console and doors: $450

Roof Rails: Aluminum roof rails: $200

Old 11-16-2007, 10:39 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
$44,150 with the options that most (and I) would get. Sound like a bad deal to you guys?

EX AWD Journey/Premium/Luxury Elite/Nav/Tech....

The G37 the way I want would be $43,365, so this may be the road to take. You guys think the dealer would give me a break because I am leasing two vehicles at the same time?

Old 11-16-2007, 07:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05Scoobyroo
$44,150 with the options that most (and I) would get. Sound like a bad deal to you guys?

EX AWD Journey/Premium/Luxury Elite/Nav/Tech....

The G37 the way I want would be $43,365, so this may be the road to take. You guys think the dealer would give me a break because I am leasing two vehicles at the same time?
Dude, believe me...

First off, MOST people are probably not going to go for the AWD model.

Second, MOST people are probably not going to go for the Tech package.

Third, MOST people will probably not go for the Luxe Elite package, they'll settle for the Luxe Style package.

Fourth, I'd estimate that only around half of the buyers will splurge for Nav

Fifth, a handful of customers will probably go for the base model. I'm sure more than a few chickees (who this car is aimed at) will only care about the badge and the body style and won't care about what material is under their butt.

In the end...you're one of the few people interested in a fully decked out EX. Believe me when I say that the majority of EX customers are probably not interested in a fully loaded model.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:15 PM
You beat me to it red.

Here is the link if someone wants to print a PDF.

http://www.nissannews.com/infiniti/n...35_pricing.pdf

Man. Us Canucks are getting so hosed in price. I am going to take this to my local dealer to see if they can even come close to US pricing. The last time I was at my local dealer, the price on a tech package was estimated to around $50K

I am willing to pay up to a difference of $4K but if the dealer cannot come close, I guess I may be paying Santa Monica a visit.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:19 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by bruddahmanmatt
Dude, believe me...

First off, MOST people are probably not going to go for the AWD model. we dont see one RWD EX35 at all... 100% AWD's

got 5 fully loaded orders already

Third, MOST people will probably not go for the Luxe Elite package, they'll settle for the Luxe Style package.

Fifth, a handful of customers will probably go for the base model. I'm sure more than a few chickees (who this car is aimed at) will only care about the badge and the body style and won't care about what material is under their butt.

In the end...you're one of the few people interested in a fully decked out EX. Believe me when I say that the majority of EX customers are probably not interested in a fully loaded model.
you're not going to see too many base models -- we never order any base model cars -- it's almost saying they can't afford the features.

the EX is going to be a popular hit and hopefully something fun to mod

Old 11-16-2007, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by da mayor
you're not going to see too many base models -- we never order any base model cars -- it's almost saying they can't afford the features.

the EX is going to be a popular hit and hopefully something fun to mod
What's your point? You're upper east coast. On the flipside, we NEVER order AWD models here in the 808. Obviously up North things will be different, but when all the numbers are thrown together, RWD models will almost certainly outsell AWD models.

As for the 5 fully loaded pre-orders, that makes perfect sense. The people following the car want every bell and whistle. Pre-release pre-orders tend to be made by folks who want the latest fad or trend right here and right now. That means they typically want every option and are willing to pay full retail for it. No surprise there.

As for there being a lack of folks who order base models, I never said the majority of people would order base models, just that a handful of people will likely opt for one. Still, I know for a fact we'll sell more Journey's devoid of options than we will base models, but the poster I was responding to seemed to think that the majority of folks in the market for an EX are looking for fully decked out rides which IMO is totally not the case.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:54 PM
hey i'd love to get a RWD EX35 and get a nice turbo kit in there.... nice sleeper

Old 11-16-2007, 10:49 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
not bad...

Old 11-17-2007, 11:04 AM
Got this pricing into TrueDelta's database. Once people have run a few comparisons, I'll generate static pages for those that are most popular.

To price or price compare an EX35 in the meantime:

Infiniti EX35 price comparisons

Old 11-17-2007, 11:24 AM
just a sedan
was looking at this for my wife. with that priging, I will just go used Fx now

Old 11-17-2007, 12:13 PM
It's just a few grand less than the FX, not much of a difference. I suspect that the EX will feel more agile while the FX is roomier. The specs suggest that the rear seat in the EX is TIGHT.

Old 11-17-2007, 12:33 PM
Dude, believe me...

First off, MOST people are probably not going to go for the AWD model.
How many RWD FX or G35 Sedan models do you see on the road?

I am pretty sure they will, as Infiniti is touting the AVM, which is only available with the Tech package

Ehh, maybe, 50/50

I think maybe 1/8th of the buyers will omit Nav

How many base G35 sedans or G37 coupes do you see, not many right? Honestly, if people see the EX35 is a little to expensive (for the options they want), they most likely will not go for the Base model EX, the will most likely go for a Pre-owned FX35, or another vehicle all together.

Actually, going by orders that I have HEARD first hand from dealers, roughly 85% of the pre-orders have been fully loaded models (RWD or AWD). So your probably in the 15% that doesn't want a fully-loaded model. Actually, thats pretty silly: You basically said "The majority of buyers of this $30K+ Luxury Crossover thats priced above mainstream crossovers will not be interested in a fully loaded model" Please elaborate how you arrived at that assumption, as most buyers of the EX35 are cross-shopping between the X3, RDX and RX330.....

Old 11-17-2007, 03:12 PM
How many RWD FX or G35 Sedan models do you see on the road?
Lots. Heck the majority of the V36 Sedan owners on the boards have Journey or Sport models. As for RWD FXs...that's all we sell here. If you had read further down you'd have noticed that I acknowledged the fact that some of you live in colder climates and that's why you probably see more AWDs on the road. Here in the land where it never snows, we ONLY sell RWD models and I know for a fact that the breakdown is similar in places like Southern California for example.

I am pretty sure they will, as Infiniti is touting the AVM, which is only available with the Tech package
Doesn't mean that everyone will pay for it. It's a nifty feature but the EX is a pretty small vehicle. If people were buying up reverse cameras on the '07 G left and right, why did Infiniti revise their packaging and include it with Navi for '08? I know everyone will love the AVM, but I'm willing to bet that more than a handful of folks will balk at it when they realize that they don't really "need" it.

Ehh, maybe, 50/50
And where exactly are you getting this number from?

I think maybe 1/8th of the buyers will omit Nav
Again, pulling numbers out of a hat? By your notion, a whopping 87.5% or G buyers ordered their vehicles with Navigation. Going off of what we sell here, about 1/8th of G buyers buy a car with Navi. However when posting my estimate I took into consideration the fact that folks in the continental US have a much greater use for Navi than we do. Perhaps as high as 60%, MAYBE 70%, but I doubt 88% of G buyers equip their cars with navigation.

How many base G35 sedans or G37 coupes do you see, not many right? Honestly, if people see the EX35 is a little to expensive (for the options they want), they most likely will not go for the Base model EX, the will most likely go for a Pre-owned FX35, or another vehicle all together.
I said a handful. What part of that did you not understand? There are folks that no matter how much of a deal they're getting on a low mileage pre-owned vehicle will still opt to buy new.

Actually, going by orders that I have HEARD first hand from dealers, roughly 85% of the pre-orders have been fully loaded models (RWD or AWD). So your probably in the 15% that doesn't want a fully-loaded model. Actually, thats pretty silly: You basically said "The majority of buyers of this $30K+ Luxury Crossover thats priced above mainstream crossovers will not be interested in a fully loaded model" Please elaborate how you arrived at that assumption, as most buyers of the EX35 are cross-shopping between the X3, RDX and RX330.....
Perhaps if you read a little further down you would have found my explanation as to why the majority of pre-orders are for fully loaded models.

As for the 5 fully loaded pre-orders, that makes perfect sense. The people following the car want every bell and whistle. Pre-release pre-orders tend to be made by folks who want the latest fad or trend right here and right now. That means they typically want every option and are willing to pay full retail for it. No surprise there.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to a document from an Infiniti dealer meeting that was was leaked on another site, here is Infinitis projected breakdown of sales of the EX by options:

EX35 RWD Base 0%
EX35 RWD Journey 35%
EX35 AWD Base 0%
EX35 AWD Journey 65%

Premium Package 90%
Navigation Package 80%
Technology Package 40%
Luxe Style Package 75%
Luxe Elite Package 10%
Wood Trim 50%
Roofrails 50%

So, Infiniti projects selling NO base models. Most will be AWD Journey with Premium and Navi.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by wysguymd
According to a document from an Infiniti dealer meeting that was was leaked on another site, here is Infinitis projected breakdown of sales of the EX by options:

EX35 RWD Base 0%
EX35 RWD Journey 35%
EX35 AWD Base 0%
EX35 AWD Journey 65%

Premium Package 90%
Navigation Package 80%
Technology Package 40%
Luxe Style Package 75%
Luxe Elite Package 10%
Wood Trim 50%
Roofrails 50%

So, Infiniti projects selling NO base models. Most will be AWD Journey with Premium and Navi.
no that projection is just an example of what they want us to build -- it doesn't represent anything basically.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EX35 Pricing