The EX - Spot For General Discussion of The EX Crossover

EX35 Pricing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 09:05 PM
G SQUAD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05Scoobyroo
$44,150 with the options that most (and I) would get. Sound like a bad deal to you guys?

EX AWD Journey/Premium/Luxury Elite/Nav/Tech....

The G37 the way I want would be $43,365, so this may be the road to take. You guys think the dealer would give me a break because I am leasing two vehicles at the same time?
Pretty ****ty pricing compared to an Acura RDX. You'd have to REALLY love the extra oomph of the 3.5l V6 to buy this thing. A fully optioned RDX is around $36k. And the Acura tech package is better than the Infiniti. (IMO)

Old 12-06-2007, 10:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The RDX is based on the CR-V. The EX is based on the G35. There's your price difference.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts
G35x
Originally Posted by Balzac72
Pretty ****ty pricing compared to an Acura RDX. You'd have to REALLY love the extra oomph of the 3.5l V6 to buy this thing. A fully optioned RDX is around $36k. And the Acura tech package is better than the Infiniti. (IMO)
IMO the motor in the RDX seemed somewhat unrefined to me. I test drove one last year and it seemed rather rough. The small things like a non-power passenger seat made me feel like corners were being cut. What in Acura tech package do you feel is better? I'm trying to remember what it had that my G does not.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Balzac72

EX Tech package:
- Around View Monitor
- Lane Departure Prevention System
- Itelligent Cruise Control
- GPS linked Navigation w/ realtime traffic
- 9.3GB Music Box w/compact flash slot

Don't forget that with the EX you also get a power passengers seat, power tilt/telescoping steering wheel and power rear fold down/up seats

RDX Tech Package:
- 410-watt Audio system w/DVD Audio
- Rear view camera
- GPS linked Navigation w/ realtime traffic
- TPMS (standard on the EX)

If you walked into the Acura dealer and asked about most of the standard/optional features that come on the EX are available on the RDX, the sales people will tilt their heads and look at you like a confused puppy. I can't get over the fact that for $35K+, Acura couldn't power the passenger seat at least!!!! Hell, in the CR-V we bought Honda didn't even put a light in the visors........the 1987 Honda Accords had that!!!!

Old 12-07-2007, 12:20 PM
When is this thing coming out? Is it still scheduled for late December?

Old 12-07-2007, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Serbonze
The trunk is definately useless. It's really strange, as I'm not quite sure what market they are trying to hit with this vehicle. As a previous member said, the trunk is too small to do much of anything with it, and the backseat is really tiny too. We decided to purchase the G35 sedan instead.
If the EX trunk is useless, then the G trunk is non-existant. Why would you complain about a small trunk and then buy a car with a trunk that is 3.8 cu.ft smaller?

Old 12-10-2007, 09:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll be giving you folks an EX exclusive later on tonight when i get home. And yes there will be pics.

Old 12-11-2007, 02:40 AM
Originally Posted by bruddahmanmatt
I'll be giving you folks an EX exclusive later on tonight when i get home. And yes there will be pics.
Awesome. Give us an accurate assessment on back seat/trunk space.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by uber-oakley
Awesome. Give us an accurate assessment on back seat/trunk space.
Sorry. Review and pics are gonna have to wait until 7:30PM tonight Hawaii time. I didn't have time to put them up last night. With regards to back seat space...oh believe me I have a few things to say about that.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by bruddahmanmatt
Sorry. Review and pics are gonna have to wait until 7:30PM tonight Hawaii time. I didn't have time to put them up last night. With regards to back seat space...oh believe me I have a few things to say about that.
What happened to your pics?

Old 02-17-2008, 08:35 PM
I just went in to the dealer for an oil change on my 2006 G35. I checked out the showroom for the EX and have to say that I was a little disappointed. In the driver's seat the car seems to be very luxurious and even if I didn't already know it, I'd presume that it's loaded with a lot of features. What really bothered me was the lack of rear leg room. Just looking at the rear doors from the inside already tell me that the rear interior space is non-existent and would be a cramped ride.. I didn't bother to look at the trunk.

The bigger let down was that the wife and I are currently in the market for another car and right off the bat EX feels smaller than my G. We have an 8 month old so any trips in my G makes for a tight ride. I can't imagine feeling more cramped than that.

The EX in the showroom was sitting right next to an FX and I just couldn't help noticing the size difference (granted the FX is an SUV and the EX is more so a station wagon).

That said, it really is a good looking vehicle. If you'd take the same features and put them in the BMW X3 - they would command at least a 6K premium over the EX sticker. Perhaps the biggest disappointment of all is that I'm going to have to go elsewhere.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:09 PM
Xer
I think the lack of ground clearance is its biggest downfall for a "cross over".

Old 02-25-2008, 03:19 PM
23 inch back seat will end this current configuration.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:44 PM
I examined, climbed around in and drove the EX for the first time last week. I was prepared to be very disappointed, based on all the negative forum traffic.

I was pleasantly surprised. With the front seats set to my driving position (5'10") and "average" for the passenger, the back seat was comfortable. I was worried about getting my feet in and out, but the rear doors open extra wide to allow clearance to get out. Not a problem. I could sit back there for a longish trip.

The cargo area was fine by me, particularly with the rear seats down. Enough for Costco runs, biking gear, lacrosse bags, etc. Not huge, but sufficient for me.

I am moving from an '06 Honda Pilot with alot of room, and am a bit concerned. I've been looking at the RDX also, but after experiencing the luxury of the EX, I'll have a hard time choosing the RDX. And with the current 24-month lease special, it's almost the same cost as the RDX to lease.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:20 AM
My deal...

I just took delivery last night on a new EX35 here in Arizona. Details on my deal are as follows:
- EX35 Journey RWD, Liquid Platinum/Graphite
- Nav, Prem, Luxe Style, Roof Rails, Wood Trim, Splash Guards, Cargo Area Protector, Cargo Organizer
- Dealer add-on package including tint, door guards, wheel locks, ZakTek paint protection
- MSRP: $42,235
- Invoice: $38,489
- Selling Price: $38,589

I also traded-in my '06 Honda Pilot EX-L Nav, with the dealer paying off my loan and cutting me a check for the difference, which is about $6,400.

Lease details:
- 24-month through IFS
- 18K miles/year
- Residual: 67% minus $600 for additional depreciation (due to 3K excess miles/yr) = $27,697
- Money factor: .00025
- Rolled $2,143 into the lease amount (IFS lease acquistion fee of $595, dealer doc fee of $395, registration of $549.36, tire tax of $5 and 1st month payment of $604.79)
- Adjusted cap cost: $40,732
- Monthly payment: $604.79, incl. tax of 7.95% ($560.23 base + $44.54 tax)

I was actually going to pay the fees out of pocket, with another $1000-$1500 down as a cap cost reduction to reduce the monthly payment about $150 from there, but ended up rolling everything in and leasing that amount because of the low money factor. I am going to use the proceeds from my trade-in, along with some other cash on-hand, to set up an interest-bearing account and auto-pay my payments out of that. Essentially fund my payments ahead of time, and let my money work for me, instead of them.

I'm quite happy with the overall deal, and of course, with the EX!! Let me know if you have any questions.

Walt