Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 05:56 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
when are you having it do
jason will be in clearwater on thursday gettin his stereo fixed

Old 06-19-2006, 06:17 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I haven't done the sedan, but it should be very similar to removing and replacing the coupe bumper cover.

Ask the shop what they will charge to install it for you if you remove the damaged one. However, when you remove the damaged cover, you will learn how to put the new one on yourself.

Basically, I think you'll have to remove all the snap clips at the top of the grille, remove all the bolts under the bumper (at the front where the plastic pan is underneath), pull back the plasric fender liner and remove a couple of bolts on each side where the side marker lights are located.

Old 06-19-2006, 07:12 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Location: Universe.Milkyway.Solarsystem.Earth.NorthAmerica.USA.FL.Tampa
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SFLG35
when are you having it do
jason will be in clearwater on thursday gettin his stereo fixed

Matt at lokey is havin my bumper set over but I need to all him back to find out when it is going over. I will call Matt tomorrow to find outwhen.

Last edited by Foo_G; 06-19-2006 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by Gilley
I haven't done the sedan, but it should be very similar to removing and replacing the coupe bumper cover.

Ask the shop what they will charge to install it for you if you remove the damaged one. However, when you remove the damaged cover, you will learn how to put the new one on yourself.

Basically, I think you'll have to remove all the snap clips at the top of the grille, remove all the bolts under the bumper (at the front where the plastic pan is underneath), pull back the plasric fender liner and remove a couple of bolts on each side where the side marker lights are located.
Neary 200 bux to he the bumper and chin installed. It isn't alot in the grand scheme of things so if I have shell out the $ to have it done then no big deal.

The big thing I am trying to prevent is transrting it to Brandon from clearwater. I doubt the bumper and chin spoiler will fit in the car since the rear seats do not let down.

So I would have to rent a truck drive over and back, return the truck then get to work. I live in an apt and it seems thy went to great lengths to not install water spigots and electrical outlets outside the building.

it is a sad bird that signs its own song. LOL

Old 06-20-2006, 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by Foo_G
Thanks for the referral. Looks like that is who I am going with. I got a very reasonable price and someone t Lokey has know them for a long time and says they are trustworthy. So with yours and lokeys trust and the great price it is a done deal

I ordered my bumper from Lokeyd bought the chin spoiler as well.

Great, I'm glad it worked out...I'm sure you'll be very pleased with the results

Old 06-20-2006, 12:32 PM
_jb
Photographer

Neary 200 bux to he the bumper and chin installed. It isn't alot in the grand scheme of things so if I have shell out the $ to have it done then no big deal.
One advantage of having hem do it is fitment issues. If there's a problem, they're right next to Lokey... plus... if they ding the paint... they have to fix it.

Nice chatting with you yesterday.

Old 06-20-2006, 01:03 PM
Wink

anyone evr install their own bumper?

It's very easy to install a front bumper on a G sedan. You will have to remove all the plastic push in clips near the radiator support including the front grill clips. Next you have to remove your front rims, once you do that there are more plastic push in clips on both sides of the inner splash shield. Now you dont really need to move them all just enough to see the two bolts on the inside the hold the side marker brackets to the vehilce. Remove the sidemarkers, they just pop out no bolts. You will see two bolts holding the bracket to the car remove those as well on both sides. Now you have to remove the lower engine cover (splash shield) and the few bolts on the front of the lower cover. At this point your bumper should pop right off and install the new one. Hope this information helps it should not take you more than 30 min. to do.

Old 06-20-2006, 01:21 PM
That's exactly like taking the coupe bumper cover off.

Old 06-20-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by jetblackg35
It's very easy to install a front bumper on a G sedan. You will have to remove all the plastic push in clips near the radiator support including the front grill clips. Next you have to remove your front rims, once you do that there are more plastic push in clips on both sides of the inner splash shield. Now you dont really need to move them all just enough to see the two bolts on the inside the hold the side marker brackets to the vehilce. Remove the sidemarkers, they just pop out no bolts. You will see two bolts holding the bracket to the car remove those as well on both sides. Now you have to remove the lower engine cover (splash shield) and the few bolts on the front of the lower cover. At this point your bumper should pop right off and install the new one. Hope this information helps it should not take you more than 30 min. to do.
Thanks. Sounds like a very simple job... simple but time consuming.

Old 06-20-2006, 04:06 PM
_jb
Photographer

Thanks. Sounds like a very simple job... simple but time consuming.
It's like everything else on the G35... It's easy once you've done it.

The only tricky part is getting the four screws (two per side) out. They hold the lower front bumper to the front fenders. I ended up using a 1/4" socket wrench with a very long extension and a swivel right next to the socket. It worked fine for me.

Old 06-20-2006, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by _jb
It's like everything else on the G35... It's easy once you've done it.

The only tricky part is getting the four screws (two per side) out. They hold the lower front bumper to the front fenders. I ended up using a 1/4" socket wrench with a very long extension and a swivel right next to the socket. It worked fine for me.

are these the screws that you have to remove the wheels to get to?

Old 06-20-2006, 06:25 PM
_jb
Photographer

are these the screws that you have to remove the wheels to get to?
Yes, but I didn't remove my wheels.

I just turned them one way and undid the one side then turned them the other way and undid that side. I didn't even jack the car up.

Old 06-21-2006, 09:37 AM
Like jb said, you don't have to remove the wheels to get to the clips to pull back the plastic fender liner to get to the two screws on each side.

I turn the wheel and jack up the side I'm working on to get more clearance.

Old 06-22-2006, 05:46 PM
I am going in for the install on Monday!!!

Old 06-22-2006, 08:00 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Noah, sorry to hear about this misfortune but looks like you got a handle on things!! You mentioned that you ordered the chin spoiler.... Did anyone mention it being on back order?? I want to get one also but over here OI is telling me that it is backordered but it might only be the Dg color>> Good luck

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: busted bumper.