busted bumper.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 09:15 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Location: Universe.Milkyway.Solarsystem.Earth.NorthAmerica.USA.FL.Tampa
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vrsc
Noah, sorry to hear about this misfortune but looks like you got a handle on things!! You mentioned that you ordered the chin spoiler.... Did anyone mention it being on back order?? I want to get one also but over here OI is telling me that it is backordered but it might only be the Dg color>> Good luck

Thanks Jason. Yeah things were looking up but I did take my car to Lokey today for an alignment which I'll have umbers on Monday and some rattles. They tried to fix the rattle but they didnt get it and my B pillar black piece on the passengers side got a deep scratch about 1.5 inches long.

I didnt see it when I picked the car up prolly becasue it was under the shade but when I got home and got my son out of the car bam there is was in all its glory. I called and left a message with my SA to see if they will make this right. I am still shaking my head over this past week and all the BS.

I really want to get this nonsense behind me. Hopefully next week will bring some closure to all of this. I HOPE.

They did not mention anything about back order on the chin spoilers. Call Lokey and ask for Matt in parts and see what he can do.

Old 06-26-2006, 12:55 PM
Looks like CarStar's work defenitely shines as does Their customer service. It is over cast out so the real test will be a sunny day. Thanks to John out at CarStar in Clearwater and thanks Ahmed for the suggestion. They do a lot of high dollar cars and I will certainly use them again for my wifes 03 Atima.

The chin spoiler looks awesome!

And the fine folks at Lokey are going to take care of the B Pillar that got scratched. Thanks to Brain at Lokey for upholding their customer service commitment and for not making me feel like a whiny selfish ahole

Old 06-26-2006, 04:24 PM
one track mind

replaced the bumper added the chin spoiler and clear corners with 6/10 bluebat one them.

Attached Thumbnails busted bumper.-one.track.mind.jpg  
Old 06-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
It's the new G train.

I like the chin spoiler. Your whip looks good as new.

Old 06-26-2006, 05:57 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks great. How much was the Chin Spoiler. I found some in stock (in my color) here in Orlando but I am getting different prices. Also, what was the total price they charged for the install??

Old 06-26-2006, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by vrsc
Looks great. How much was the Chin Spoiler. I found some in stock (in my color) here in Orlando but I am getting different prices. Also, what was the total price they charged for the install??

It was 289 with the Lokey 10% discount. They, CarStar, charge 40 an hour for labor so you should be able to get it installed for under 80 bux which is about half of the dealer price.

It looks much better in person than in the pic and to me looks better than the 03/04 aero bumper.

Old 06-26-2006, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Foo_G
Looks like CarStar's work defenitely shines as does Their customer service. It is over cast out so the real test will be a sunny day. Thanks to John out at CarStar in Clearwater and thanks Ahmed for the suggestion. They do a lot of high dollar cars and I will certainly use them again for my wifes 03 Atima.

The chin spoiler looks awesome!

And the fine folks at Lokey are going to take care of the B Pillar that got scratched. Thanks to Brain at Lokey for upholding their customer service commitment and for not making me feel like a whiny selfish ahole
The chin looks great! I just put one on my car last week over at lokey.

I'm glad everything worked out at CarStar...customer service is what won me over with them. Glad to see things are finally going good with your car.

Old 06-26-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by geioushi
The chin looks great! I just put one on my car last week over at lokey.

I'm glad everything worked out at CarStar...customer service is what won me over with them. Glad to see things are finally going good with your car.

Yeah those guys oer there John, Tom and Mark were all very friendly on the phone and in person. I am very pleased with the exprience.

You and I need to take cars out for a nice photo shoot so we can show off the chin spoilers.

Hey they had another black coupe there for some rear bumper work so it seems they are quickly becoming a haven for busted up G's...

Old 06-26-2006, 07:50 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Chuck and i put mine on the coupe in about 20 minutes.

I need one for the sedan now.

Old 06-26-2006, 08:43 PM
If I didnt have the bumper to deal with already and a garage to plug my drill in at I would have handled this myself. Plus I do think you need a second person just to make sure you are lined up right.

Old 06-27-2006, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by Foo_G
Yeah those guys oer there John, Tom and Mark were all very friendly on the phone and in person. I am very pleased with the exprience.

You and I need to take cars out for a nice photo shoot so we can show off the chin spoilers.

Hey they had another black coupe there for some rear bumper work so it seems they are quickly becoming a haven for busted up G's...

Yes, we should have a little new-chin-spoiler-mini-meet-photo-shoot...the chin makes such a difference, even though its not a big mod...it is a nice long weekend and I do plan to give her a good bath!

Yeah, CarStar is getting more popular, which is really good...It just hurts so much looking at all of those poor G's

Old 06-28-2006, 09:54 AM
I have yet to wash my car by hand. We sold our house and I do not have a garage to detail in so I have had to use these car wash facilities and it pains me to do it.

Our lease is up soon so we have doubled our house hunting efforts. I can't wait to wash and wash. Oh soapy wash mit how I miss thee

Old 06-30-2006, 05:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Noah glad to see everything with the bumper worked out. The new chin spoiler looks sick man, at least there was something positive to be gained out of this whole experience. Sucks you're not in SRQ 2 days a week anymore, it pains me to see that every other G35 driver around here is over 55.

Old 06-30-2006, 05:55 PM
Thanks Dak, yeah is was very nice to be able to meet you and jaxg35 out for lunch.

The folks at CarStar did a great job and I will definitely use and recommend them.

I think the wider shot of this photo looks better. I had cropped ti to make it fit better but I guess they thumbnail the photo on here so I'll post the full shot.

Attached Thumbnails busted bumper.-one.track.mind.jpg  
Old 06-30-2006, 07:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah look good, I've been on the hunt lately for a lip, still can't decide which one I like best though.

Car looks nice, good like with the pillar as well

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: busted bumper.