Headers or Plenum spacer + MREV 2 ??????????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2007 | 11:59 PM
_jb
Photographer
Premier Member
Originally Posted by gary c
The best bang for your buck is the MotorDyne MREV2 and 1/2" Spacer.........
If for some reason we haven't convinced you call Tony at MotorDyne
661-993-5111 He'll lead you down the right path + headers won't offer
a tenth of the HP that MotorDyne will give you!!
Yes, I'm sure Tony would give an honest appraisal... I mean Tony doesn't have anything to gain by talking you into buying an MRev... I mean it's not like Tony designed MRev... I mean it's not like he profits from the sale of each and every single MRev that gets sold...

I realize that MRev2 and a spacer is the easy, popular answer.

Old 01-17-2007 | 12:03 AM
I'd rather have more torque lower in the usable power band than top hp at the rev limit. It's more useful for everyday driving. Of course, the drag strip is a different matter.

Old 01-17-2007 | 12:26 AM
_jb
Photographer
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Gilley
I'd rather have more torque lower in the usable power band than top hp at the rev limit. It's more useful for everyday driving. Of course, the drag strip is a different matter.
Then the MRev2/spacer combination would probably suit you better. It would actually be a pretty cheap mod for you because you can trade in your existing 287 lower plenum.

You're in a little different situation than the OP, he has an '06 revup engine.

Actually, you're in a completely different situation from the OP... but I won't spill anything...

Old 01-17-2007 | 01:45 AM
Personally...you can't go wrong with either a Crawford plenum or Motordyne plenum spacer as they BOTH supposed to do the same thing (allow more air flow to the front cylinders). Dyno results vary...

IF you want a little more midrange torque in your power band, buy the mrev.

DO give the boys at Performance Factory a call and see what they recommend as they are local, will give their honest oppinion of what they've seen from their own experiences (they're VQ enthusiasts) with their cars and past dyno days (they just recently had one, you should have came).

Old 01-17-2007 | 01:51 AM
I do agree with jb that the MREV will lose a few hp up top on the REV-UP motors.

Old 01-17-2007 | 10:08 AM
Im going to say it one more time..........Get the crawford and go TT.....Then build your engine. You want to get Arias pistons, Eagle Rods, ARP stud kit I would go witht he 1/2 inch, HKS metal Head gasket, Darton Sleeve, and if your'e on an Auto you want to get teh VB upgrade and a Torqe capacity upgrade, You are also going to need a Utec. Then get a good coilovers Tein Flex or basics with a BBK I like Rotara or Stoptech and MAYA 20s, Test pipes (dont forget teh non fowlers), Sways bars, hotchkis are good, Stillens are good to. Dont forget the exhaust either Injen SES, or HKS, Stillen all very nice but pick the sound you are looking for.

NOUGH SAID

Old 01-17-2007 | 01:29 PM
|
Thank you all for your input!!!! I guess I'm going with MREV2 + spacer!!
PS: Damn... some of you guys REALLY know some shiiitttt!!!! Thank you for sharing!!

Old 01-17-2007 | 01:46 PM
fgc moderator
Originally Posted by Ramon
PS: Damn... some of you guys REALLY know some shiiitttt!!!!
not really. they just make it up as they go along.

Old 01-17-2007 | 01:48 PM
If you join FGC you get the top secret list of everything you need to know about your car if you ever want to do anything to your car.

Old 01-17-2007 | 04:36 PM
FGC President
Originally Posted by Ramon
Thank you all for your input!!!! I guess I'm going with MREV2 + spacer!!
PS: Damn... some of you guys REALLY know some shiiitttt!!!! Thank you for sharing!!
sherman doesnt know **** he just trys to pretend do not pay attention to any of his posts

Old 01-17-2007 | 10:58 PM
LOL + 1.

I'm thinking of getting rid of my Spacer and putting back on the Kinetix Plenum since I have a brand new one just lying here. I used to have one my 04 Coupe RIP and I liked it. Lightweight, did the job, and kept the temps down more than what I have now.

I want to do a dyno comparison if Jeremy is up for it on my Mrev w/ Spacer & Stock plenum vs. the Mrev w/ Kinetix plenum, and then make my final decision there.

Oh yea, you should look into some Strups, Alphawerks, or Crawfords if you feel like dealing with everything that goes along with the crawfords for install, as far as headers are concerned. I've never been too impressed with Stillen's performance stuff, but the other few things they have seem to be decent.

Last edited by AboostedG; 01-17-2007 at 11:01 PM.
Old 01-18-2007 | 12:16 AM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Originally Posted by WILD121
Im going to say it one more time..........Get the crawford and go TT.....Then build your engine. You want to get Arias pistons, Eagle Rods, ARP stud kit I would go witht he 1/2 inch, HKS metal Head gasket, Darton Sleeve, and if your'e on an Auto you want to get teh VB upgrade and a Torqe capacity upgrade, You are also going to need a Utec. Then get a good coilovers Tein Flex or basics with a BBK I like Rotara or Stoptech and MAYA 20s, Test pipes (dont forget teh non fowlers), Sways bars, hotchkis are good, Stillens are good to. Dont forget the exhaust either Injen SES, or HKS, Stillen all very nice but pick the sound you are looking for.

NOUGH SAID
Haha, he was asking about spendings a couple hundred dollars, and you trying to get him to spend more than 25 grand.... so when are you going TT??

Old 01-18-2007 | 08:36 AM
FGC President
Originally Posted by 2slo2bfurious
Haha, he was asking about spendings a couple hundred dollars, and you trying to get him to spend more than 25 grand.... so when are you going TT??
never katie wont let him do that to her car

Old 01-18-2007 | 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by 2slo2bfurious

The answer my friend is blowing the wind.

Old 01-18-2007 | 10:47 AM
_jb
Photographer
Premier Member
I'd love to put all the parts Shermie talked about in a big pile on the floor. It would be fun to see if he recognized anything...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Headers or Plenum spacer + MREV 2 ??????????