To those who haven't done the headlight recall yet, please read!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2007 | 09:10 AM
|
To those who haven't done the headlight recall yet, please read!!

I wish I had done a research on the headlight recall before taking my car to the dealer. I use this FORUM before I do anything to my car! I have always gotten a lot of help from all of you guys! However, I didn't do my homework this time and I guess my problems could have been avoided!! There are several posts in this forum concerning the 06 headlight recall ISSUES!!
Anyway, the following are problems I've noticed after the recall:
* Headlights are not aligned!
* There is a big gap between one of the headlights and the front bumper!
* Minor scratches on the fender!
* I'm not too sure, but the new headlights they installed kind of look aftermarket!!! To those who have done the recall, do you see the Infiniti logo or the Infiniti name on the headlights??? I DON'T!!!!!!!! CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE THEM???????????
So, had I known all this before, I would have definitely made the dealer very clear that I didn't want any problems with my installation!!! I called Orlando Infiniti and they told me to bring the car tomorrow morning!

Last edited by Ramon; 08-08-2007 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-08-2007 | 11:26 AM
wow that sux, all they really have to do for the recall is realign them. which one can do by yourself

hope everything works out

Old 08-08-2007 | 11:29 AM
You can adjust the gap at the fender and the aim of the headlights yourself. But it's something that they should do for you in the first place.

You should point out the scratch.

Old 08-08-2007 | 11:46 AM
yeah sounds more like a bad install than bad headlamps

Old 08-08-2007 | 11:50 AM
|
Do you guys have the Infiniti logo or the Infiniti name on the new headlights??? (after the recall)

Old 08-08-2007 | 11:54 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Infninitis main objective was to replace the bulbs, I don't know why they replaced the entire headlight.

Those of you that have not done it yet DO NOT DO IT. keep your current headlights there is nothing wrong with them.
Infiniti got their a$$ chewed by DOT for very bright lights and they replaced them.

From now on their HIDs are not 4300 no more. They are something less and it does not say on the bulb. But you can clearly see that they are different.

Old 08-08-2007 | 12:00 PM
|
Originally Posted by JOKER
Infninitis main objective was to replace the bulbs, I don't know why they replaced the entire headlight.

Those of you that have not done it yet DO NOT DO IT. keep your current headlights there is nothing wrong with them.
Infiniti got their a$$ chewed by DOT for very bright lights and they replaced them.

From now on their HIDs are not 4300 no more. They are something less and it does not say on the bulb. But you can clearly see that they are different.
Yes, they replaced the entire headlight!!!!!!!! Did anyone here also have their entire headlights replaced after the recall??? I didn't even know it was supposed to be the bulbs only! I thought it was the whole thing...

Old 08-08-2007 | 12:19 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
it was and is the whole thing. But the only thing they are changing in new headlight is a diff bulb.

that's what I'm saying. I have no Idea why would they replace the entire headlight just cuz of the bulb.

Old 08-08-2007 | 12:21 PM
|
I'm sorry for asking again, but do you guys see the Infiniti logo or the Infiniti name on the headlights that were replaced after the recall? Thank you!!

Old 08-08-2007 | 12:21 PM
rarejdm.com
Premier Member
I'm pretty sure the headlights don't say Infiniti on em anywhere, if anything they'll have a small Nissan logo some where.

Old 08-08-2007 | 12:32 PM
|
Originally Posted by zackt69
I'm pretty sure the headlights don't say Infiniti on em anywhere, if anything they'll have a small Nissan logo some where.
As far as I know, most cars have the logo or the brand name on the headlights! I really don't remember if my old headlights had them or not. The reason why I'm asking this is because the new headlights they installed kind of don't "appear" to be OEM!! I don't know... maybe I'm going crazy...

Old 08-08-2007 | 12:35 PM
dO YOU HAVE PICTURE OF THE GAP?

Old 08-08-2007 | 12:40 PM
|
I'm at work now. But I wouldn't mind taking some pics and posting them later!

Old 08-08-2007 | 01:14 PM
The headlight housings have the manufacturer's name on them, which is probably Kyoto or something similar. Your muffler says Calsonic, not Nissan.

There is probably more to the recall than replacing the bulbs. The projector units have a metal shield built into them to block the light at a certain cutoff. Changing the bulb won't do anything for that, but changing the entire housing would be the way to accomplish that.

Old 08-08-2007 | 01:19 PM
|
Originally Posted by Gilley
The headlight housings have the manufacturer's name on them, which is probably Kyoto or something similar. Your muffler says Calsonic, not Nissan.

There is probably more to the recall than replacing the bulbs. The projector units have a metal shield built into them to block the light at a certain cutoff. Changing the bulb won't do anything for that, but changing the entire housing would be the way to accomplish that.
Thanks for the info!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To those who haven't done the headlight recall yet, please read!!