Infiniti Service: Melbourne or Orlando? Need advice pls

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 11:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti Service: Melbourne or Orlando? Need advice pls

I have what I think is bad wheel bearing on front passenger side. I need to take my G in for service. I have live in Cocoa Beach, so the closest dealers are in Melbourne or Orlando.

Does anyone have any opinions on which dealer is better for service? I know most like Lokey, but it is too far to drive. Also, do either offer loaners while your car is in for service?

Thanks much

Andrew

Old 10-10-2007, 07:53 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I've had pretty good service experience here at the Orlando dealer but I've only taken my G in for warranty-related work. I dropped my car one time to get a couple things fixed under warranty (CD changer replacement, fuel hose recall) and the service technician noted that I have an exhaust leak due to a rusted flange so they went ahead and replaced the flange for free with no questions. Now that's quality service

They offer a loaner vehicle every time I drop my car off for service, but it is recommended that you call the dealer ahead of time to make sure that loaners are available as sometimes they run out and resort to using Enterprise rentals.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:10 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I wouldn't make the drive to Orlando. I had my coupe's window motor replaced under warranty at Infiniti of Melbourne with no problems. I was able to get an appointment sooner over there.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
melbourne is ok for work like that just call them up and reserve a car its like 5 dollars They seem to be pretty good with moded cars over there littlebader and a few other guys take their cars over there

Old 10-10-2007, 12:43 PM
I haven't been to Melbourne but I've had warranty work done at Orlando with no problems. Aaron Sucharski was my service advisor. Good guy.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
thats a big negative on taking a car there for bearings. Are you sure its the hub because I went through them with this problem. What is the car doing? Pulsing when you turn only? To the right or to the left? Is your allignment off? When taking gradual off/on ramps does it feel like the car is locking up one brake? let me know we are here to help. later mike

Old 10-10-2007, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the replies. I dropped my car off at Infiniti of Melbourne today after work. Got an 05 Sedan loaner no problem.

I told them over the phone what the problem was, and said it was hard to hear the noise. The girl, Nancy i think, said if the tech couldn't hear it they might have hard time diagnosing the problem. When I told her I could wiggle it back and forth and that a tech should be able to diagnose it from that, she went away for a second and came back and said no problem. Bring it in. Not bad. Only called about mid-day today and they will have it ready to go tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed. So far, they were very pleasant to deal with in person.

Andrew

Old 10-10-2007, 11:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i called the 1800 nissan number on that dealership so dont mention my name. haha. I'm sure there service might be a little higher now but usually if the dealership doesnt deal with the g's alot performancewise I wouldnt take it to them. Good luck and let us know. later mike

Old 10-10-2007, 11:35 PM
I'm hoping all will go well. I am keeping a positive attitude until such time as it becomes warranted not to.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:41 PM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Let me know how infiniti of melbourne's service is. I"m new to the area and I have a 2006 g35 sedan. I'm needing the 30K service done pretty soon.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:58 PM
OK, here is the final report. Got my car back at mid-day today. It was supposed to be ready yesterday, but when I stopped in to pick it up (was driving by anyway), they told me that they didn't have time to work on it, and that it would be ready friday. So not great, but I figured ok, I've got a loaner, so what.

They called me this morning to tell me it was ready. I went by to pick it up. They had washed and vacuumed it, and had it parked at the front door waiting for me. Walked in, they gave me some paperwork, and I paid the $5 loaner fee (which I knew about in advance). Traded keys and that was it. Pretty good experience.

However, one thing that kind of bugged me is that they made some comments about my aftermarket oil catch can, going so far as to put it right on the invoice about the part potentially causing oil leaks or other damage which would not be covered by warranty. Oh well.

So they changed my wheel hub, as expected. The sounds that I was hearing are gone. So live is good.

Overall, I would give them 8/10 rating.

Andrew

Old 10-13-2007, 09:14 AM
wanted to get here on here and comment sooner but didnt remember my log-in lol, melbounrne infiniti is pretty good however any low cars goodluck making it into the shop lol.. besides that its always been pretty pleasant, blew my TB and they replaced one completely free with no labor after my TT's were installed, good people there just a steep entrance