detailing FYI--and I have no affiliation...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 12:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nathan/lyndon, if you guys want to set something up in the future, I am down...

Old 03-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
I have two cars, just waiting for a price list and services

Old 03-17-2008, 04:10 PM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by r10apple
nathan/lyndon, if you guys want to set something up in the future, I am down...
yup just let me know. im looking for a good clean-up and some paint protection so i can do it whenever.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:05 AM
I'm interested dependent on pricing/services.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:25 PM
..... I WIN .....

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ToddHelme
We'll take care of you Nathan!

PM sent !!!

Old 03-18-2008, 03:52 PM

LOL Thanks for the kind words! Are you going to detail fest or did you ever get a hold of Brian!?

Yeah I'll be at detailfest. I got a hold of Brian, talked about setting something up, then he disappeared off autopia and never heard from hi again. Oh well.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:48 PM
Cool, I'll see you there (probably).

I am sorry about the lack of a website for you guys right now. If your intrested, shoot me a PM with your email address and I will send a price/service guide to your email.

Todd

Old 03-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club
Cool, I'll see you there (probably).

I am sorry about the lack of a website for you guys right now. If your intrested, shoot me a PM with your email address and I will send a price/service guide to your email.

Todd
The same here - my website isn't up, but all my contact information is still the same. perfectionauto@gmail.com

Jon

Old 03-18-2008, 11:46 PM
..... I WIN .....

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Here are links to some of work for those who are bored!

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/...-139-pics.html
HOLY CRAP ! ! ! ! !

My G needs a Ferrari detail on a Hyundai budget...

This is really great work. After looking at this, I hope I can afford to have my car done...

Old 03-19-2008, 06:45 PM
Ya, I had the same reaction. I just about dropped a load when I saw their prices. They obviously do super great work, but way too expensive for me and my G.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:55 PM
I have Todd and Jon coming over tonight to look at my vehicle. I spoke to Todd through email and addressed the concern over pricing, especially during these troubled times with the economy. I think they are charging a fair price based on the man hours required to do the job right and not the sum of an average job. He postulates that no two cars are alike and that the prices are more of a baseline. Most detailers will charge a set fee per car and at some point to make the financial model work, corners will be cut in my opinion. I dont think Todd has any intention of cutting corners and his work (so far through pictures) shows.

I too may not be able to utilize them but more than once or twice a year due to cost but I can assure you it will be money well spent.

When you think about it, if you are regularly washing and treating your car with even decent wax, the cost of using their service even just once a year is certainly still worth it. Reality is they have all the best tools, products and experience to do a job way above most of us.

As always, your mileage may vary.

I will keep you posted on my personal experience.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:22 PM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
^excellent post.

i admit as well that the prices are higher than most detailers but ive seen jon's work and i know the craftmanship he puts into cars. ill probably only use their service once a year too but its the peace of mind knowing that someone who really cares about my car took the time to go over every inch of it.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:13 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting Todd tonight and catching up with Jon who I havent seen in some time. I can tell you with absolute assurance these guys are top notch and will be worth every penny. they are not out to capture just any business but the business of those who take significant pride and joy in the appearance of their car. To quote Todd "it doesnt matter to me if its a Ferrari or a VW Bug, I give it the same utter attention to detail. you have to admit that when you stand back and look at their pictures, you have to know your vehicle will receive the same "wow" factor. Again, I will probably only use them once or twice a year and maybe will have to save a few pennies in between but I know the results will be nothing short of amazing.

And besides, I heard they are possibly going to give away free disco ***** with each detail......oops did I let that slip out of the bag

Old 03-19-2008, 10:23 PM
If I may,

I realize that our prices are definetely more then most. Are hourly rate is even more then most (most mobile detailers aim in the 45-60 range) while we charge 75 per man hour. So then why the price gap?

It could be that I am so neurotic, and that years of prepparing cars on the show circut have left be to be such a perfectionist, that is does take us longer to do a detail. I refuse to cut corners and I will stay until the job is done right. Could I do a detail (including paint correction) for 5 hours and be competitive with other detailers? Of course! But Bella Macchina is different. We offer percision service for those crazy people who are as neurotic as us, period.

In all my experience, one thing I have learned is that it takes time to do the job right. There is no magic short cut, there is just corner cutting. I always say (I know its a little corny) is that I don't cut corners, I clean, polish, and perfect them. The reason I have developed such a high reputation as I have always choosen to work for people who demand more than good.

So is our service, in general more? Yes, and for that we offer more work. As you can imagine, I have to be very protective our name, and Bella Macchina only offers the best. We certinaly aren't for everybody, and that is okay. We are a premium service for those who like me, cannot sleep at night unless the job is done right.

Given travel and the huge leap in experience and results, I personally feel paying 10/hr per person more is very fair. The price guide is something Jon and I have been working on to try to give people an idea of what to expect while our website is redone for the 20th time by the 20th person. Apparently I am just as **** about my site as I am about the cars I work on

The truth is that every car is as individual as every owner is. Each have their own needs and expectations, and in my opinion there is nobody better to exceed those needs and expectations.

As far as how often the services are needed, it does depend on the service. Something like our perfect finish (in Italian it is Perferzione Finitura) can cost as much as 1000 dollars or more(Though the average would be around 800, that is still 10 man hours in just polishing the paint)! Because the paint is first re-leveled to remove and eliminate any imprefections, then microscopically jeweled like a gem, nothing will have more gloss. The car will be perfect and reflect maximum light. However, with careful washing and drying techniques, this service would NEVER be needed again. Which is why we take the time to educate every client, so you can help us to keep your car perfect (and after you see it this way, you would never want it any other).

It might need light polishing (MAYBE yearly) to remove any light marring, but this is generally very light and the cost would be one third (if that) of the previous service.

Our goal isn't just to make the car perfect (which we can) but to make sure it is preserved in mainatined (which would take the both of us) in that condition, so you can always enjoy having the best looking car on the road.

Thanks

Todd

Last edited by ToddHelme; 03-19-2008 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by MrPutzy
Ya, I had the same reaction. I just about dropped a load when I saw their prices. They obviously do super great work, but way too expensive for me and my G.
Thank you for the kind words and completely respectable!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: detailing FYI--and I have no affiliation...