detailing FYI--and I have no affiliation...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 10:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Infinitz
I had the pleasure of meeting Todd tonight and catching up with Jon who I havent seen in some time. I can tell you with absolute assurance these guys are top notch and will be worth every penny. they are not out to capture just any business but the business of those who take significant pride and joy in the appearance of their car. To quote Todd "it doesnt matter to me if its a Ferrari or a VW Bug, I give it the same utter attention to detail. you have to admit that when you stand back and look at their pictures, you have to know your vehicle will receive the same "wow" factor. Again, I will probably only use them once or twice a year and maybe will have to save a few pennies in between but I know the results will be nothing short of amazing.

And besides, I heard they are possibly going to give away free disco ***** with each detail......oops did I let that slip out of the bag
Here is the proof regarding the VW Bug...

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/...ghlight=beetle

Aleic, it was pleasure meeting you and please don't mention the disco-*****, lol.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:52 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I didnt get a Disco ball! Todd you know the address! We will need two though, one per car.... Thanks! lol

Old 03-24-2008, 05:39 PM
Yikers--I saw the "recent" numbers...A

Anyway, this is indeed FINE WORK. I just look at something that I know I can do, and then have to analyze the cost v. my stomach. I don't even make $75 an hour, so though I believe your work is the finest I have ever seen, I also know that I detailed high-end cars for 4 years in my youth, and I need to get my lazy behind off the couch and ignore my kids for a 6 to 8 hour period. By no means am I saying I can put out your quality of work, but I can put out $250 worth of work myself (or pay someone that)--and that's all my Infiniti really needs at the moment...

That said, if I hit the lotto or my dad croaks and leaves me his arsenal of fine German automobiles along with his stash of cash, I'll definitely look your way...I'll also give my dad your info as he does show his 356 from time to time and his detailer isn't any better than I am and certainly, more expensive (and please don't be offended by my candor nor generic use of the term 'detailer')...

Old 03-24-2008, 07:14 PM
..... I WIN .....

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I PM'ed Todd on 3/17, he responded with give me your email address and I'll send you some info...

I messaged him back on 3/18... but no answer...

I messaged him again with a confirmation on 3/20, he read it on 3/21, but still no answer.

I know I don't have a Ferrari or anything, but I'm willing to spend a few hundred dollars on getting my car detailed....

Old 03-24-2008, 09:05 PM
At $75 per hour, a few hundred won't go very far. My mechanic does not even charge me that much per hour.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:51 PM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
nathan pm me your email, i can forward their brochure.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by NathanJax
I PM'ed Todd on 3/17, he responded with give me your email address and I'll send you some info...

I messaged him again with a confirmation on 3/20, he read it on 3/21, but still no answer.

I know I don't have a Ferrari or anything, but I'm willing to spend a few hundred dollars on getting my car detailed....

Nathan, sorry Todd has yet to get back to you, he is out of town on business and has been for a week or so. I can help you with any questions regarding our services and or scheduling you may have.

Kind Regards,

Brian

Old 03-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by MrPutzy
At $75 per hour, a few hundred won't go very far. My mechanic does not even charge me that much per hour.

I remember a marina owner saying that very same thing, I am not going to argue we are less affordable than many, but you get what you pay for. IMO $1000.00 for a flawless perfected finish is a steal compared to what you get for half that. The assurance alone is worth it's weight in gold, at least to the clients we work for who are very proud of their cars.

Why do massage therapists charge 60+ an hour after one year of schooling when we combine many years of perfected passion and expertise it's all relative. Maybe it's as simple as luxury vs.necessity.

Point being, if you are shopping for an expert in any field and you demand the best hands to service your needs, the last thing you should be looking at is price. We aren't for everyone, but the clients we have are very loyal and often explain how fortunate they feel to have us in their garage.

Last edited by Brian Brice; 03-28-2008 at 12:39 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by Brian Brice
I remember a marina owner saying that very same thing, I am not going to argue we are less affordable than many, but you get what you pay for. IMO $1000.00 for a flawless perfected finish is a steal compared to what you get for half that. The assurance alone is worth it's weight in gold, at least to the clients we work for who are very proud of their cars.

Why do massage therapists charge 60+ an hour after one year of schooling when we combine many years of perfected passion and expertise it's all relative. Maybe it's as simple as luxury vs.necessity.

Point being, if you are shopping for an expert in any field and you demand the best hands to service your needs, the last thing you should be looking at is price. We aren't for everyone, but the clients we have are very loyal and often explain how fortunate they feel to have us in their garage.
You are a massage therapist, too???

Well, I think you guys are missing the point we are all trying to make. No one is disputing the quality of your work nor the price for said work. What we are saying is that for us, it's simply out of a realm of need. Sincerely, even with your product, a daily driven, non-garaged, 15k miles/year car would need your service at least 2 to 3 times a year, no? Let's jsut say it is $1,000 a pop. So, $3k a year? Wow. Now, if I had my G as a weekend only, garaged car that I wanted to continuously look flawless, your service would be perfect for my needs. But, with the regular abuse my car takes, it's simply not a practical investment. Last I checked, my Infiniti obviously isn't a garage kept Ferrari...Does that make more sense to you?

We are all here to prop your work. Heck, I started the thread and have no gripe about the quality of your work or again, the price you charge. That said, it just isn't for my needs at the present time...

Old 03-28-2008, 04:29 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
r10 I think Jon and Todd are truly aware and from the word go have always said "its not for everyone" some will have garage queens that want the baby diaper treatment for 1k and other will do the splash and dash at $100. Its all relative when you think about it. I think the $1k number for the service is a bit on the high side. Trust me, I cant afford but maybe one a year if I decided to got his route. Reality is the high end never (well almost) has a downside

Old 03-28-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by Infinitz
r10 I think Jon and Todd are truly aware and from the word go have always said "its not for everyone" some will have garage queens that want the baby diaper treatment for 1k and other will do the splash and dash at $100. Its all relative when you think about it. I think the $1k number for the service is a bit on the high side. Trust me, I cant afford but maybe one a year if I decided to got his route. Reality is the high end never (well almost) has a downside

From what I understand, and I have not met Jon yet, but he has never offered machine polishing as a service, so take into account (perfection via machine polishing being the steak and potatoes of what we do) there's a huge difference in time spent, backs broke, and knowledge needed compared to a wash and wax. So obviously the price is going to be dramatically different as well.

Last edited by Brian Brice; 03-28-2008 at 07:00 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:12 PM

Last edited by Brian Brice; 03-28-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:54 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Brian, I agree 1000% percent.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by r10apple
You are a massage therapist, too???

Well, I think you guys are missing the point we are all trying to make. No one is disputing the quality of your work nor the price for said work. What we are saying is that for us, it's simply out of a realm of need. Sincerely, even with your product, a daily driven, non-garaged, 15k miles/year car would need your service at least 2 to 3 times a year, no? Let's jsut say it is $1,000 a pop. So, $3k a year? Wow. Now, if I had my G as a weekend only, garaged car that I wanted to continuously look flawless, your service would be perfect for my needs. But, with the regular abuse my car takes, it's simply not a practical investment. Last I checked, my Infiniti obviously isn't a garage kept Ferrari...Does that make more sense to you?

We are all here to prop your work. Heck, I started the thread and have no gripe about the quality of your work or again, the price you charge. That said, it just isn't for my needs at the present time...

We definitely appreciate the thread and the recognition for sure. If you need any help as far as pointers or suggestions on diy ventures don't hesitate to pm or call me, I'd be more than happy to help in any way you need.

BTW who said you should have your car completely detailed three times a year? The goal is to perfect, then keep it that way. Which is why we also spend a few hours at least with our clients explaining how to keep it in that condition and how to avoid the defects that were removed.

Also steer clear of dealer sealant packages, they charge and make a whole lot more than we do and it's pretty much an hour long wash n wax. $1200 an hour isn't bad at all is it? Then again it's o.k. because it's 72 payments of 18 dollars

Old 03-29-2008, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by NathanJax

Nathan I am so sorry that you haven't been able to get a hold of me. That is very wierd that you recieved a conformation as read. I was in Tampa that day (and working from 6am until 11:30 pm on a '91 BMW M5). Truthfully I haven't been on this forum in several weeks (I cannot tell you the last exact day) because I have been so busy. I was all in South Florida for the last 7 days with no access to a computer until this morning.

I do check my email daily though and I believe it is posted on this thread. Please shoot me your phone and I would love to clear the air.

Once again I am very sorry!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: detailing FYI--and I have no affiliation...