I'm getting a lift for my shop!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 11:19 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm getting a lift for my shop!!!!!

WOO HOO!!!!!

I am finally getting a lift for my shop. As those of you who know me, I am a major DIYer. The only things on my car that I haven't done myself were the exhaust (don't own any welding equipment) and my clutch. Other than that, I have managed to install a nitrous kit, a single turbo kit, and a twin turbo kit on my sedan over the last 3 years. other things include, changing brakes and rotors, springs, struts, fuel return sytem, etc. I did all of these in my garage at home on the floor or with jack stands.

Well, about a year ago, I bouight a 1000 sq.ft shop and have since turned that into my own little shop......just personal, it's not a business. Now, finally, I am getting a lift!!!! It's a Nussbaum SPL8000. I had never heard of this company, but I have looked into them and they are a German manufactuer of high end lifts. It's a nice lift.....assymetrical design, clear floor, 8000 pound capacity, etc. I came across it at a local automotive supply business. They had taken it in from a German car repair facilty that went under. they are rebuilding the lift with new cylinders, cables, and guide blocks, plus I am getting a warrantee for it!!! Not a bad deal for $1500!!!!

So, my point to this post is that I want to invite any of buddies in the FGC to come on over if you need a hand installing some parts. I know there aren't too many of you in the Tresure Coast area, but maybe we could get together for an install day/party/etc. I sure some of you will be getting toys for your Gs at Xmas time!!!!

Old 11-23-2008, 01:03 PM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
Congrats, your so lucky a lift makes everything 100 times easier

Old 11-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats indeed! Id love to eventually have my own little place to mess with my car one day as well.

Old 11-23-2008, 02:08 PM
Received 354 Likes on 214 Posts
Congrats, need pics!!

Old 11-23-2008, 02:33 PM
_jb
Photographer

Wow, congratulations, Andrew! That is so cool!

What kind of lift is it? ...a drive on or does it have the rails that slide out and lift on the frame? Sounds like a drive-on, but I'm not sure what the clear floor is.

We ran out of time for a Cocoa Beach meet this year, but maybe we can have a two day meet next year and spend a day at your new shop... or something else... thanks for the invite... have fun in your new shop.

Old 11-23-2008, 02:50 PM
pics of 1000sq ft shop, and then with new lift in it!

Old 11-23-2008, 03:36 PM
It is a regular 2-post lift that lifts from the chasis. "CLEAR FLOOR" means that it doesn't have a plate across the floor tying thr 1 posts together. Having a clear floor makes it easier to work under the car and being able to roll carts underneath without having a floor plate underneath.

I thought about one of the "hobby" style lifts that you drive on, but all the good ones were about $4000 or more. actually, the guy in the bay next ot mine is a dealer for Stinger lifts....which are some of the Hobby type lifts, and it was still going to cost me about $3700 with the friendly discount! you can buy cheaper ones, but then I saw pics on the internet of some of those having collasped. either way, picking up this lift for $1500 is a good deal....and the dealer for servicing is right in my town!

the shop is still kind of messy, but I have lost of VQ stuff in there!!!
2 Spare VQ35DE Revups sitting on engine stands, a set of ported Revups heads, a set of stock regular DE heads, 2 VQ35 Revup intake manifolds, valve covers, some Defi Gauges, a extra custom dash mount gauge pod (as seen in my car) 60 Gallon Air compressor, Drill Press, BEnch Grinder, 200 sq.ft Air conditioned office, bathroom (of course), overhead chain hoist, Shop Vac, lots of air tools, hydraulic jack, 4 jack stands, a case of NAPA GOLD oil filters for the VQ, several Gallons of Synthetic Rotella oil (my favorite), my SNAP-ON tool boxes, torque wrenches, degree wheel, lots of new VQ gaskets, etc. basically, lots of crap!

I think one of my first things to do with be to install my 3" downpipes; they have been sitting in the shop for many months. I just haven't wanted to climb under the car for awhile. This will be so easy with a lift!

Old 11-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Banned
I wish I can get a lift for my garage how much are u spending for a lift?

Old 11-23-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by G in NY
I wish I can get a lift for my garage how much are u spending for a lift?

$1500, but it is a used lift. But for that price, the dealer is rebuilding the cylinders, putting in new cables, and also putting in new guide blocks, and I get a 6 month warranty. I don't expect any issues.....it won't get a ton of use. I'll probably use it in a year as much as a normal shop would use it in a day or 2.

it kind of looks like this, but I think this is a slightly newer model; i think this is the 9000 pound model

Old 11-23-2008, 05:08 PM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
congrats andrew! ill keep you in mind if im ever in the area heh.

ya its a 2 post lift and i think the 8000 means its rated for 8000 lbs.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:33 PM
_jb
Photographer

Sounds like you really got a good deal, Andrew.

I'd love to have a lift like that... I have to change the fluid in my diff every 3000 miles and I don't like sliding under a car on concrete as much as I used to... lift would be cool...

Your custom dash mounted gauge pod is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I wanted to go with at least water temperature and oil pressure gauges, so I had to do something like an A-Pillar gauge pod. Your gauge pod is perfect for someone wanting to add a single gauge. Super sleeper look...

Old 11-23-2008, 06:50 PM
You should have a mod day where everybody in florida can meet up at your shop.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
thats awsome congrats man, if i ever need anything i'll shoot you a pm and drive over lol

Old 11-23-2008, 07:31 PM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
Quadcam Garage Lift Meet

1.G35_FTMFW

lol JP

Old 11-23-2008, 07:33 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mod day at Andrew's!!

How the hell, 1500 bucks?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm getting a lift for my shop!!!!!