Orlando Mini Meet / Fix Your Car Day @ Sen's House / Saturday 9/12/09

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 12:03 PM
Received 355 Likes on 215 Posts
I have someones 19 socket . Just call SPC they have the hub kits but don't sell seperate, thm motorsports order through them so they said no also

Old 09-14-2009, 03:20 PM
_jb
Photographer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like you guys had a super fun day... Like Gilley said, we used to do this more often a while ago... once everyone gets most of the mods they want everyone starts to drift off...

Lots of "racing" upper a-arms are designed to give more negative camber. Negative camber helps a road racing car go around corners faster. Check out a Formula One Ferrari's front wheel camber to see what I mean.

We want the exact opposite. We lower our cars and then want to add positive camber to get a normal alignment. Not all front upper a-arms are designed to add a lot of positive camber.

Nice gloves, Ian!

Old 09-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Sen
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Gilley
However, I would expect the final alignment numbers to be better in the front. Chucky has 350Z S-techs and the Cusco arms and his camber in the front is not very negative.
I was expecting this, too. From what people have been saying, the rear suffers more from negative camber than the fronts when dropped. But I'm having more difficulty with my fronts.

Originally Posted by Gilley
You may be able to get the SPC hub spacers from someone who did not install them. Post up a WTB in the suspension section of the marketplace. Also contact Peter at IAP to see about buying just the hub spacers.
I may try this. Or take them out completely and just buy an SPC kit one day.

Originally Posted by w0ady
as far as the difference between the 2 cars, i doubt the type of wheels have that much of an effect. as long as your overall tire sizes are pretty much the same then it wont differ that much. its probably more the variation in camber from the factory among these cars. some people can stay closer to spec with the same drop. you see the same sort of variation in dyno #s from the factory.
Very good point. The wheel size thing was just something the guy at Firestone was trying to tell us.

Originally Posted by _jb
Lots of "racing" upper a-arms are designed to give more negative camber. Negative camber helps a road racing car go around corners faster. Check out a Formula One Ferrari's front wheel camber to see what I mean.

We want the exact opposite. We lower our cars and then want to add positive camber to get a normal alignment. Not all front upper a-arms are designed to add a lot of positive camber.
I just wish I had known this before I bought these camber arms. But, ya live and ya learn!

Thanks for the feedback!

Old 09-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Received 355 Likes on 215 Posts
Would making the toe holes longer help fix my rear camber?

Old 09-17-2009, 02:39 PM
Sen
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
From what I've read, fixing camber will improve toe. But not necessarily the other way around.

Making the toe holes longer will allow for more adjustment which is available with the aftermaket toe bolts. The toe bolts have a cam type thing that when turned will move the entire bolt (and the control arm connected to the wheel) back and forth. The bigger the hole that the toe bolt goes through, the more movement which can be achieved. And likewise, the more adjustment which would be available for your rear toe.

When youre camber goes more negative, it throws out your toe, also.